Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Kerry are not that far away, depending on who retires with Dublin. A few things I couldn't understand, no push up on the Dublin kick out the entire game. You can't stand 5m away from a player on a kick out and expect to to get it. When a Kerry man gets the ball the Dublin player will tackle to try disposse, Kerry the opposite.,try to shadow there player out with out putting in a tackle. The Kerry team at the back is way to light, each man outside Morley need put on 2 stone. Forwards good enough but left 4 point behind them 2nd half running into trouble when a point was enough. Dublin are a great team, and best I seen but nothing goes on forever and I expect new winners next year.

Sportacus

Well done Dublin.  But Kerry ballsed it up today as well.  Long ball tactics in the first ten minutes, but Tommy Walsh on the bench.  Conceded the kickouts to Dublin.  Missed a lot of chances.  They'll be kicking themselves.  But they could win a good few All Ireland's in the next ten years themselves.  A few lads let themselves down badly in the Hill at the end - a good few punches thrown, pretty nasty stuff.  And Jayo would sicken your hole running onto the pitch every thirty seconds.

Cunny Funt

Well done to Dublin 5 in a row in the bag something Kerry couldn't do but can't really compare the two as different eras and Kerry 1978 to 1981 only used about 20 of the same players in all of those finals.

It was clear from the drawn game that Dublin had the most room for improvement and that's how it came to play as they scored 0-2 more and conceded 1-1 less. Kerry weren't near as good in defence this evening as they were in the first game. It was awful defending for the goal and they were only lucky they didn't concede another 2 or 3 goals. Mannion,O'Callaghan,Kilkenny excelled in the extra space given to them.

Kerry also didn't get the same influence from Moran in midfield or from their bench.  Clifford,S O'Shea and Geaney scored 0-14 of Kerry 0-15 compared to 8 different scorers for Dublin.  I foresee Dublin winning at least the next two All Ireland's after that who knows but i would expect this group of Kerry players to be first in line and waiting for a true opportunity to win back Sam.

From the Bunker

I see Dublin ladies are 1/10 to win today!  ;D

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2019, 08:27:32 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 14, 2019, 08:24:14 PM
The bitterness is dripping from this thread tonight!! Talk about pissing on someone's parade, lest a history making 5 in a row team.

What emotion would you like?
A bit of respect or is that to much to ask. Keep sucking on those lemons. Maybe someday Mayo will will the big one, but a bitter fool like you won't enjoy it

Fear ón Srath Bán

So at the back of it all, Kerry did no better than ourselves in the '18 Final -- that they couldn't do it first day out against a badly off colour Dubs tells its own story.

Well done Dublin, a truly remarkable achievement.

Up yours Deegan! :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 15, 2019, 06:41:44 AM
So at the back of it all, Kerry did no better than ourselves in the '18 Final -- that they couldn't do it first day out against a badly off colour Dubs tells its own story.

Eh, they took it to a replay. That's a lot better than you done

Hound

Thanks for the kind words from many of the posters.

I thought the Dubs were great. Probably our best final performance in the 5 in a row. It's a team loaded with character. I thought Kerry's tactics were questionable. Kerry had far more good high fielders than us, yet there were few enough aerial battles. I thought we defended really well.

Great atmosphere in the stadium. What a day, what a night!

imtommygunn

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2019, 07:01:35 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 15, 2019, 06:41:44 AM

Eh, they took it to a replay. That's a lot better than you done

;D

t_mac

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 14, 2019, 07:47:04 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 14, 2019, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 14, 2019, 07:42:29 PM
Greatest team ever now officially.

Kilkenny was MOTM. Cluxton POTY.

First professional GAA team, GAA is fcuked

Do you know what professional means?

Yeah a team that is payed to play, do you know what you are a ballbag off an individual means? How did the dark wash turn out?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 14, 2019, 07:49:10 PM
Without doubts the greatest team to ever play the game.I don't care how much money they have that is the best team I have ever had the pleasure to watch hats off up the DUBS.

Agreed - wonderful team and wonderful achievement.

tonto1888

Quote from: t_mac on September 15, 2019, 08:11:24 AM

Yeah a team that is payed to play, do you know what you are a ballbag off an individual means? How did the dark wash turn out?

You clearly have no idea about anything kiddo so keep playing with your action men and leave the discussions to the grown ups there's a good lad.

The Hill is Blue

Well thank God for that. Now I can die happy. What a privilege it is for any lover of Gaelic football to live through the era of this magnificent team. They are truly a team for the ages.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

t_mac

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2019, 09:30:06 AM
Quote from: t_mac on September 15, 2019, 08:11:24 AM

You clearly have no idea about anything kiddo so keep playing with your action men and leave the discussions to the grown ups there's a good lad.

I know that you feel on this forum you have some sense of importance and probably couldn't string a debate together in person, if that floats your boat kid you go for it. Someone who repeatedly use derogatory jibs classifying themselves as a grown up is quite frankly laughable.

Itchy

Well done to the Dubs, I always belt they were 6 points or so ahead of Kerry coming into the final but Kerry made them work all the way, they just needed to take advantage of the Dubs being rusty and a man down the 1st day. They didnt. That gave the dubs the kick up the arse they needed for this game and I thought their body language and intensity was up a notch. But Kerry didnt melt away like a lot of the other teams they've faced.

Some might now go on about financial doping and to be fair I do agree but the blame for that is with the GAA, not the Dubs. The Dubs play with the hand they are given, if the GAA has stuck 4 aces in the hand then they should be looking at themselves.