Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

::) - never heard that before

Gabriel_Hurl

yes - and every day of my life

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on September 04, 2007, 09:14:26 PM
Just curious, did anyone else have to wear a uniform at Primaty school? i diddnt

Yep i had to wear a uniform all thru school from primary school right up to Leaving Cert
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

My ma used to make me wear the shorts to primary school in the good weather. It made for some awful times in a school with such a small number of pupils (the one kid with the shorts out of 42 kinda stuck out).

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on September 04, 2007, 09:14:26 PM
Just curious, did anyone else have to wear a uniform at Primaty school? i diddnt

First couple of years we didn't, then we got a new Headmaster and uniforms were brought in.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Puckoon on September 04, 2007, 09:37:26 PM
My ma used to make me wear the shorts to primary school in the good weather. It made for some awful times in a school with such a small number of pupils (the one kid with the shorts out of 42 kinda stuck out).

I know exactly what you are on about

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 04, 2007, 08:58:43 PM
I remember it as if it were yesterday - all of 23 years ago now

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Ah you looked like a wee angel Gabriel.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Anyone else brave enough to post their first day at school pictures?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 04, 2007, 09:41:18 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 04, 2007, 09:37:26 PM

I know exactly what you are on about

You know what didnt help either now that I come to think about it, was that 41 of the kids were from the country, and I was from the county town. In a country school - What was my old man thinking!!? ???
In fairness though, one of the best primary school experiences I can imagine. Didnt appreciate it at the time tho, but gabriel, you were lucky with that school bag, I had a JENYOUWINE leather satchel... ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

I didn't stay that way for long Orior

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2007, 09:45:01 PM
Anyone else brave enough to post their first day at school pictures?

I'd say cameras weren't invented when most of these fellas had their 1st day at school

Aerlik

Mini-me joined the Aussie Education ( ::)) system last year as a Kindy student and then moved into the Pre-Primary class last January.  Next year he begins P1.  It's a different system to ours (either in the 6 or 26 counties).  We've never had a problem yet, but I'm sure when the crap education system kicks in properly there'll be issues.  His wee classmates are also his footy club mates so both are seen as extensions of the same big playground.

I remember the first hour of the first day of school quite well.  I was taken in and one of the more senior students gave me plasticine and we made the UFO from the UFO TV series.  Will never forget it.

I had a leather school bag too, one with the strap.  From about 6 I walked home (1.5 miles) down a quiet country road.    Weird to think that in those days there was all the paramilitary activity going on and yet we could walk safely home without fear of weirdos.  Now things have quietened down and it's a different story.  I think wanes are soft.  They get lifted and laid all the time.

I used to love the summer weather when you'd burst the tar bubbles on the road (and then risk getting pasted for having crap all over your hands).  Then there was the wee bridge and you throw your "boats" (sticks) in one side and watch them come out.  And then there was the sticklebacks and the daily battle to snag a few.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

the Deel Rover

anybody remeber their school yard games, of course there was football then we had a game called bullgog and another game called muhammad ali, the best crack of all was when the school used to run a football league town against the country great craic great days.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Billys Boots

QuoteI'd say cameras weren't invented when most of these fellas had their 1st day at school

Beat me to it Gab.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Puckoon

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2007, 09:44:47 AM
anybody remeber their school yard games, of course there was football then we had a game called bullgog and another game called muhammad ali, the best crack of all was when the school used to run a football league town against the country great craic great days.

Killerball was the specialty in our days. That and pitchin pound coins - as illegal as it was.