Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2018, 07:06:06 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 09, 2018, 06:17:03 PM
Fair play to Tracey Magee, refusing to wear a poppy on UTV Live... girl has more balls than Frankie Fuckwit and all those other west Brits on UTV and local BBC

Maybe they have reasons for wearing them? Other than the view you think most people wear them? Does someone from Cornwall wearing one piss you off?

We're it for the sole reason to remember soldiers who died in World War I and II, I wouldn't have an issue whatsoever. But you know as well as I do that the thing has been completely hijacked to include all of the Brits' imperial misbehaviour. Any West Brit wearing a poppy is remembering the Black and Tans, Auxilliaries, murdering Para bastards of Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday, and colluding, murdering bastards of the UDR and RUC.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on November 10, 2018, 04:19:16 PM
Fair play to Tracey Magee, refusing to wear a poppy on UTV Live... girl has more balls than Frankie Fuckwit and all those other west Brits on UTV and local BBC

Maybe they have reasons for wearing them? Other than the view you think most people wear them? Does someone from Cornwall wearing one piss you off?

We're it for the sole reason to remember soldiers who died in World War I and II, I wouldn't have an issue whatsoever. But you know as well as I do that the thing has been completely hijacked to include all of the Brits' imperial misbehaviour. Any West Brit wearing a poppy is remembering the Black and Tans, Auxilliaries, murdering Para b**tards of Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday, and colluding, murdering b**tards of the UDR and RUC.

So anyone wearing it, its to remember the Black and Tans? Holy f**k! I've heard it now ! What flipping age are you? You've allowed the unionist agenda to blind your view on the actual reason of it when it was brought out!

Respect the people who wear it for ones who died in the world wars, anyone wearing it for other reasons is a balloon!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

Aye, whatever. Knock yourself out

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on November 10, 2018, 05:11:13 PM
Aye, whatever. Knock yourself out

Look lad, lift your head out of your hole, you are no different to the headers who said the GAA is the IRA at play. Pure sweeping generalised statements
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2018, 03:24:13 PM
I've been here in England since Wed. Travelled from Sussex to Lancashire, attended a wedding and I have not yet seen one person wearing a poppy.

They have more sense maybe than the wankers in their media maybe and louts at football matches.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 04:37:30 PM

We're it for the sole reason to remember soldiers who died in World War I and II, I wouldn't have an issue whatsoever. But you know as well as I do that the thing has been completely hijacked to include all of the Brits' imperial misbehaviour. Any West Brit wearing a poppy is remembering the Black and Tans, Auxilliaries, murdering Para b**tards of Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday, and colluding, murdering b**tards of the UDR and RUC.

So anyone wearing it, its to remember the Black and Tans? Holy f**k! I've heard it now ! What flipping age are you? You've allowed the unionist agenda to blind your view on the actual reason of it when it was brought out!

Respect the people who wear it for ones who died in the world wars, anyone wearing it for other reasons is a balloon!

Anyone who is wearing it choosing a symbol used to commemorate the Black and Tans, there is  no point in denying that. SOmeone can remember someone without coat trailing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

The British governments propaganda/media machine make it look like everyone in Britain is wearing a poppy, and anyone who doesn't isn't patriotic. The reality is far from that but that thinking filters down to the numpties who abuse the likes of McClean while not even wearing one themselves.

The poppy has become more controversial since the fa got teams to wear them on their shirts. It should have no place in the sporting arena. It is a divisive emblem and unfair to put players (from many nationalities) in a position to wear one.

theticklemister

Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2018, 03:24:13 PM
I've been here in England since Wed. Travelled from Sussex to Lancashire, attended a wedding and I have not yet seen one person wearing a poppy.

Ye didn't pop in for a cup of tea when you were in Lancashrie with me  you didn't 'like Lancashire GAA either when you were here

Boycey

Watched Toronto Raptors and NY Knicks there, a lot of poppies on show from the 'suits' on both benches and some in the crowd. A Canadian thing I'm sure

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2018, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 04:37:30 PM

Anyone who is wearing it choosing a symbol used to commemorate the Black and Tans, there is  no point in denying that. SOmeone can remember someone without coat trailing.

So you've never worn a Easter lily or ant sort of badge representing something, and if anyone you know has, you'll say the same thing to them? My post to the other snowflake was that someone wearing a poppy in Cornwall wearing a poppy for his personal reasons was to celebrate the Black and Tans? If that's the case you are a dickhead

Dougal Maguire

I assume with eloquence like this you must have been captain of the school debating team
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 11:10:31 PM
So you've never worn a Easter lily or ant sort of badge representing something, and if anyone you know has, you'll say the same thing to them? My post to the other snowflake was that someone wearing a poppy in Cornwall wearing a poppy for his personal reasons was to celebrate the Black and Tans? If that's the case you are a d**khead

You are very quick to resort to abuse, the sure sign of a lack of argument.
Cornwall is not Ireland, wearing a military symbol in a place that fought is not the same as wearing it in the place that is the object of those military attentions.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 10, 2018, 11:47:27 PM
I assume with eloquence like this you must have been captain of the school debating team

I went to St Pauls secondary school, Beechmount West Belfast, there was no debating or eloquence. And we didn't suffer snowflakes, I grew up during a time of conflict but was able to understand right from wrong very quickly, the best education in the world is wasted on the ignorance

Dire Ear

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2018, 11:59:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 11:10:31 PM
So you've never worn a Easter lily or ant sort of badge representing something, and if anyone you know has, you'll say the same thing to them? My post to the other snowflake was that someone wearing a poppy in Cornwall wearing a poppy for his personal reasons was to celebrate the Black and Tans? If that's the case you are a d**khead

You are very quick to resort to abuse, the sure sign of a lack of argument.
Cornwall is not Ireland, wearing a military symbol in a place that fought is not the same as wearing it in the place that is the object of those military attentions.

So by saying someone is wrong and him calling you out is abuse means he's wrong? Then you are more daft than I thought.

I don't have an argument. People complaining or feeling that someone has a different view to them
About poppies is daft. You are an accident of birth, had you been born on the Shankill you'd have a different view.