Ladies football league finals

Started by Zulu, May 06, 2018, 03:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Some game of football that. Tipp deserved it but cracking game and standard of football was very high.

imtommygunn

What was the cavan manager giving off to the umpire about? (I only turned it on at final whistle)

Itchy

Last attack of game cavan girl went to ground in box.  Ref ran forward, two arms outstretched for penalty. Then decided to chat to his umpires (Who of course are not referees) and decides to throw up the ball. Refs display was shocking with some ridiculous calls against both teams especially penalizing some great tackles with frees against the defender. Tipp were best team but that end was a total joke.

tippabu

Quote from: Itchy on May 06, 2018, 04:20:24 PM
Last attack of game cavan girl went to ground in box.  Ref ran forward, two arms outstretched for penalty. Then decided to chat to his umpires (Who of course are not referees) and decides to throw up the ball. Refs display was shocking with some ridiculous calls against both teams especially penalizing some great tackles with frees against the defender. Tipp were best team but that end was a total joke.

Agreed, I thought it was a free out for charging but as it is in ladies football any contact and a free is usually given, we got away with that. Cavans 1st goal we were caught badly, pinball given to tipp (wrongly, it was a Cavan ball) our wing back came up for it, ref after a while overturned the decision and Cavan took the sideline straight away to the position our wing back vacated. We were the better team but that doesn't always matter and ended up lucky to win. Aisling Maloney is unreal, serious talent

Westside

Jesus that was some display of refereeing. Since when do you call a penalty, go in and chat to your umpires and throw the ball up? Horrendous stuff and tough on the players.

Tipp the better side though and deserved their victory despite the drama at the end. Aisling Maloney the best player on the pitch by a distance, wonderful talent.

Zulu

Dublin well on top in the second game. Surprised at that as I thought Mayo would really go well. They're still in it but need to up it big time.

Zulu

Quote from: Westside on May 06, 2018, 04:46:51 PM
Jesus that was some display of refereeing. Since when do you call a penalty, go in and chat to your umpires and throw the ball up? Horrendous stuff and tough on the players.

Tipp the better side though and deserved their victory despite the drama at the end. Aisling Maloney the best player on the pitch by a distance, wonderful talent.

The mistake the ref made was to signal the penalty in the first place. Either he saw what happened or he didn't. If he did then he decides if it's a penalty or not, if he's unsure he can talk to his umpires and decide then. Not sure how he came to the throw ball decision but I thought it was as much barging as it was a pull down and the better team deservedly won so I suppose justice was done.

Itchy

Quote from: Zulu on May 06, 2018, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: Westside on May 06, 2018, 04:46:51 PM

The mistake the ref made was to signal the penalty in the first place. Either he saw what happened or he didn't. If he did then he decides if it's a penalty or not, if he's unsure he can talk to his umpires and decide then. Not sure how he came to the throw ball decision but I thought it was as much barging as it was a pull down and the better team deservedly won so I suppose justice was done.

Fairly sure ref is not permitted to consult umpires on fouls as they are not referees. Another annoyance was the sin bin of mcglade when a tip player did exact same foul in 1st half and got away with it. But as you say the better team won.