Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on August 14, 2019, 10:17:11 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2019, 10:10:27 PM
G lads. You not taking this defeat well, but time to move on i think.

We're not, it's 4 years since we have taken a shafting from a referee like that.

Between Cormac Reilly in 2014 and Deegan in 2015 and 2019 - Kerry sure know how to call in favours from referees in semi finals. If you were the cynical type you'd almost think there is some agenda to get Kerry to a final every year.

This is as out there as the poisoning thing only nobody actually believes that... you've lost the plot there boss!!

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2019, 11:32:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 14, 2019, 10:17:11 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2019, 10:10:27 PM
G lads. You not taking this defeat well, but time to move on i think.

We're not, it's 4 years since we have taken a shafting from a referee like that.

Between Cormac Reilly in 2014 and Deegan in 2015 and 2019 - Kerry sure know how to call in favours from referees in semi finals. If you were the cynical type you'd almost think there is some agenda to get Kerry to a final every year.

This is as out there as the poisoning thing only nobody actually believes that... you've lost the plot there boss!!

It's nothing of the sort, anyone who watched those games and did so objectively could not but see that a certain county seems to have all the bad decisions break their way. Is it just coincidence?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Angelo the referee wasn't great for you but you beat yourselves. That game was there for the taking. What will you ever learn from it if all you do is blame the ref??

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 15, 2019, 07:08:44 AM
Angelo the referee wasn't great for you but you beat yourselves. That game was there for the taking. What will you ever learn from it if all you do is blame the ref??

I fully agree that we beat ourselves.

It still doesn't cancel out the fact that Deegan was instrumental in Kerry turning that game around and winning it.

southtyronegael

Some of you Tyrone Lads are a fuckin embarrassment. I didn't hear yous complaining after last year's semi final when Nolan gave us everything against Monaghan. And if referee's are against us, maybe is because we have become the most hated county in Ireland? The  whole harte/ RTE nonsense just feeds the anti Tyrone narrative so we deserve all we get at the minute.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 15, 2019, 07:55:48 AM
Some of you Tyrone Lads are a fuckin embarrassment. I didn't hear yous complaining after last year's semi final when Nolan gave us everything against Monaghan. And if referee's are against us, maybe is because we have become the most hated county in Ireland? The  whole harte/ RTE nonsense just feeds the anti Tyrone narrative so we deserve all we get at the minute.

Says the guy with the most tiresome, toxic and downright nasty anti-Harte narrative.

The refereeing performance was an absolute disgrace on Sunday, saying otherwise is talking out of their arse and your attempts to downplay the impact of the game is just exceeding your own agenda once again. It's nothing new with Maurice Deegan and Kerry and surely Deegan should have big questions to answer to the GAA in light of the Peter Harte footage on Sunday.

southtyronegael

I'm sure the gaa are more than pleased that Tyrone are out. Promotion for deegan.

t_mac

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyrone08

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2019, 10:34:06 AM
Some Tyrones really embarrassing themselves here.

Highlighting clear fouls is not embarrassing in the slightest. What is embarrassing is kerry people in the media talking about dark arts in a game that they won and in a game that they were the main offenders.

It shouldn't be too much to ask for a level playing field in terms of ref decisions.

Rossfan

Just stop.
It wasn't Deegan who kicked silly wides while the game was still in balance during the 2nd half.
Even if Kerry did  "out dirty trick" ye there won't be much sympathy from the Counties who experienced Tyrone's treatment over the years.
Just wry ironic smiles.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bigtogs

FFS i wanted My county to win as much as the last man such a whinging match about getting treatment, Meyler done the same thing on Sean Ó.Se the full game,happens in every game.... we beat ourselves by not showing up in the second half!!

Estimator

Quote from: bigtogs on August 15, 2019, 11:27:04 AM
FFS i wanted My county to win as much as the last man such a whinging match about getting treatment, Meyler done the same thing on Sean Ó.Se the full game,happens in every game.... we beat ourselves by not showing up in the second half!!

I'm sure Harte takes more abuse in club football week in week out than he did in that game against Kerry. Watching it live you could see the thing unfold. In fairness, at the time, I thought Deegan would get involved (not to give out a card but have a word). When that didn't happen it was up to Harte to stand up for himself.  He didnt. Harte continues to jog forward allowing O'Sullivan to keep pushing him back. At no point did he give O'Sullivan something to think about.. complete change of direction, 10/15yrd sprint, etc.. Harte is clearly more physically imposing than O'Sullivan, yet he allowed the smaller man to bully him all day.
Also where was Harte's teammate's? If this was happening to a Tyrone player in the noughties, it's guaranteed he would be softened in the next tackle or the next time he was in possession, (not with a dirty punch) but Gormley, Hughes, McMahon would ensure that sort of behaviour wouldn't go unpunished.
Ulster League Champions 2009

RedHand88

Quote from: Estimator on August 15, 2019, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 15, 2019, 11:27:04 AM

I'm sure Harte takes more abuse in club football week in week out than he did in that game against Kerry. Watching it live you could see the thing unfold. In fairness, at the time, I thought Deegan would get involved (not to give out a card but have a word). When that didn't happen it was up to Harte to stand up for himself.  He didnt. Harte continues to jog forward allowing O'Sullivan to keep pushing him back. At no point did he give O'Sullivan something to think about.. complete change of direction, 10/15yrd sprint, etc.. Harte is clearly more physically imposing than O'Sullivan, yet he allowed the smaller man to bully him all day.
Also where was Harte's teammate's? If this was happening to a Tyrone player in the noughties, it's guaranteed he would be softened in the next tackle or the next time he was in possession, (not with a dirty punch) but Gormley, Hughes, McMahon would ensure that sort of behaviour wouldn't go unpunished.

Thought the same myself watching it back. The tactic seemed to be to keep running into o Sullivan to try to garner sympathy from the referee. It wasn't coming, he should have ran straight through him. Imagine horse or gormley back in the day. O Sullivan wouldn't have got away with it.

Noticed a great moment from mcshane near the end of the first half. Caught the ball and before turning to score he has the hand up in foley/osullivans(?) chest pushing him away before he got on him. No nonsense. Proper order.