Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Fitting way to end the year for the minors. Summer A League, Division 1 league and Championship. First county minor A title since 2008. Only lost once all year. That was against Castlebar in the league. Threatening at minor for a few years now also.

Hopefully it might be a sign of things to come. But the dropout from minor onwards will impact no doubt. Still nice to be winning all the same.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Following the publication of the Guidelines on Safe Return to Gaelic Games published by the GAA on Friday last the Competitions Control Committee(CCC) of Mayo GAA met on Monday June 8th. The format our of Football championship will run as originally intended with group stages followed by knockout. The propsoed format of the calendar for August and September is as follows;

Friday evening July 31st our games will return with Round 1 of our Senior Hurling Championship. Our Football Leagues will commence the following day and over that weekend.

August 7th/8th/9th - The Connacht Gold SFC, Egan Jewellers IFC and The TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Exclusive JFC Round 1.

August 14/15th/16th - The Connacht Gold SFC, Egan Jewellers IFC and The TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Exclusive JFC Round 2.

August 21st/22nd/23rd - Round 2 of Football Leagues. Round 2 of our Senior Hurling Championship.

August 28th/29th/30th - The Connacht Gold SFC, Egan Jewellers IFC and The TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Exclusive JFC Round 3.

Sept 4th/5th/6th - The Connacht Gold SFC, Egan Jewellers IFC and The TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Exclusive JFC Qtr Finals. Relegation Semi Finals and Round 1 Exclusive Jun B Championship.

Sept 11th/12th/13th - The Connacht Gold SFC, Egan Jewellers IFC and The TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Exclusivee JFC Semi Finals. Relegation Finals and Round 2 Exclusive Jun B Championship.
Sept 18th/19th/20th - The Connacht Gold SFC, Egan Jewellers IFC and The TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Exclusive JFC Finals. Senior Hurling Championship Final and Round 3 Exclusive Junior B Championship

Sept 26th/27th - Round 3 of Football Leagues

The schedule for October and November will be confirmed once we receive dates from the National CCCC. We propose to finish the leagues to a conclusion and to run the New Junior B Championship also during this time.

The revised league Structures in Division 1 to 5 are based on the team placings in the league as per 2019. The revised league structure in Division 6 are based on geographical areas to facilitate travel for those teams who will have 2 games on a weekend. The league groupings will be shared with clubs directly.

The Championship Draws remain the same as per draw on March 9th. The CCC will be issuing revised League and Championship Regulations early next week.

macdanger2

Aghamore & Ballintubber draw, 7 to 1-4 sounds grim enough
Davitts & Moy Davitts draw also
Garrymore beat The Neale
Castlebar beat Charlestown
Ballagh beat Belmullet - saw the Ballagh team from the programme on twitter, no sign of Akram even in the list of injured players, what's the story there?

macdanger2

Posted that too early, after trailing for most of the game, The Neale got a late goal to beat Garrymore

maigheo

Akram was named on the program at no 12.No idea if he actually played
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2020, 08:33:33 PM
Garrymore beat The Neale
Ballagh beat Belmullet - saw the Ballagh team from the programme on twitter, no sign of Akram even in the list of injured players, what's the story there?

macdanger2

Quote from: maigheo on August 01, 2020, 11:16:20 PM
Akram was named on the program at no 12.No idea if he actually played
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2020, 08:33:33 PM
Garrymore beat The Neale

Cheers, dunno how I missed that  :o

Mayo4Sam

Big win for Knockmore today, they looked very good
Orme was the pick, McLoughlin, Dempsey, King and Flynn all excellent too. They look like a very fast team.
Reape has replaced Kilcoyne in goal, looked very assured, needs to work on his kickouts
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 02, 2020, 04:03:36 PM
Big win for Knockmore today, they looked very good
Orme was the pick, McLoughlin, Dempsey, King and Flynn all excellent too. They look like a very fast team.
Reape has replaced Kilcoyne in goal, looked very assured, needs to work on his kickouts

Agree with that summary. Hopefully they can keep it up next weekend in Bangor.

Mayo4Sam

Breaffy - lol is the only word. Is there a more over hyped tea?

Bad result for Davitts against Moy Davitts. Fancy Moy Davitts to do better on the other two games

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 02, 2020, 09:34:29 PM
Breaffy - lol is the only word. Is there a more over hyped tea?

Bad result for Davitts against Moy Davitts. Fancy Moy Davitts to do better on the other two games

Yeah, they've a soft underbelly always. The O'Sheas, Hennelly,  Hall etc... Mitchels will knock them out next week I'd say.

Mayo4Sam

Breaffy still 10-1 With the bookies same as Knockmore
Mitchell's favourites which I don't see

Farrandeelin

Was wrong with my prediction about Mitchels knocking Breaffy out. All to play for in that group. Hard to believe Garrymore are out. I thought they'd have qualified along with Ballagh in their group, it'll be interesting also to see which of Belmullet or the Neale will prevail. Ballintubber and Aghamore should make sure of their qualification the next day. Meanwhile the two places are secured in our own group with ourselves and Ballina through to the next stage. I was hoping there'd be something riding on that game.

It would be lovely to top the group, but I bet Castlebar would come second and we'd end up playing them again. All hypothetical of course. :)

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 09, 2020, 09:14:44 PM
Was wrong with my prediction about Mitchels knocking Breaffy out. All to play for in that group. Hard to believe Garrymore are out. I thought they'd have qualified along with Ballagh in their group, it'll be interesting also to see which of Belmullet or the Neale will prevail. Ballintubber and Aghamore should make sure of their qualification the next day. Meanwhile the two places are secured in our own group with ourselves and Ballina through to the next stage. I was hoping there'd be something riding on that game.

It would be lovely to top the group, but I bet Castlebar would come second and we'd end up playing them again. All hypothetical of course. :)

Are the QFs pre-determined or open draw between group winners & runner-ups?

Were you at the knockmore match Farr? Seems like kiltane were poor enough.

Farrandeelin

Yea, I was at it. Kiltane were poor alright. Ballina will be a sterner test anyway. Can't see us winning it. Sure Ballina are going to steamroll through everyone anyway. At least we can say we're neighbours and in the same group as the county champions.

Mayo4Sam

It looks like Castlebar are done. Douglas off on Sunday when ther were three points down, when did you see that happen before. We should have beaten them last year and Ballaghadereen eventually put them out of their misery

I could see Charlestown beating Breaffy, it's typical of what Breaffy would do, great one week, terrible the next

Castlebar were outright favourites last week and could be knocked out in a fortnight

The opposition hasn't been great but I've been impressed by Knockmore, fast, young team with a few lads who can put up big scores. The Ballina game, although there's nothing on it, should tell a good story. If anyone other than Ballintubber is going to win it I expect it to be one of those two