JP splashes the cash!

Started by johnnycool, December 14, 2023, 11:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Armagh18

That's brilliant. Wonder would he fire a few quid at Casement while he's at it lol.

Saffrongael

Didn't he do the same a few years ago when a Limerick won the all Ireland, 2018 ? Maybe it wasn't a million each
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

tonto1888

Wolfetones

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 14, 2023, 11:46:57 AMDidn't he do the same a few years ago when a Limerick won the all Ireland, 2018 ? Maybe it wasn't a million each

It was 100k then.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Wolfetones on December 14, 2023, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 14, 2023, 11:46:57 AMDidn't he do the same a few years ago when a Limerick won the all Ireland, 2018 ? Maybe it wasn't a million each

It was 100k then.

Yeah you're right
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2023, 11:45:19 AMThat's brilliant. Wonder would he fire a few quid at Casement while he's at it lol.

The JP McManus Casement Park...imagine that all over the TV screens during the Euro's.

Some investment and says a lot about the man

Itchy

I would have mixed thoughts on this. The man is a tax exile so he doesnt pay his fair share into government where our elected representatives decide where it should be spent. Instead he thinks he should decide where it should go - that doesnt sit easy with me to be honest.

On the other hand it is an extremely generous donation that he doesnt need to make and will be very welcome by each County board, especially in smaller counties.

square_ball

Is it not to be distributed to clubs like the last time?

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on December 14, 2023, 12:44:42 PMI would have mixed thoughts on this. The man is a tax exile so he doesnt pay his fair share into government where our elected representatives decide where it should be spent. Instead he thinks he should decide where it should go - that doesnt sit easy with me to be honest.

On the other hand it is an extremely generous donation that he doesnt need to make and will be very welcome by each County board, especially in smaller counties.

+1

Should go a long way to cover some of the managerial expenses certain counties incur.

Rossfan

Quote from: square_ball on December 14, 2023, 01:01:36 PMIs it not to be distributed to clubs like the last time?

Cork Clubs won't be getting much compared to Clubs in the smaller Counties.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trueblue1234

Quote from: Itchy on December 14, 2023, 12:44:42 PMI would have mixed thoughts on this. The man is a tax exile so he doesnt pay his fair share into government where our elected representatives decide where it should be spent. Instead he thinks he should decide where it should go - that doesnt sit easy with me to be honest.

I'd have my own issues with him as well. However cutting out the clusterf**k of a government in the north could only be described as good business sense. And if passed through the government in the south, would prob only result in a set of bids and 5 O'Neill's for each club. Bit of Robin Hood about it all.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armagh18

In fairness I think I'd rather McManus choose where his money goes as the government waste it on shite but thats a whole other debate that I don't really want to have at the minute lol.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on December 14, 2023, 01:04:39 PM

+1

Should go a long way to cover some of the managerial expenses certain counties incur.

I'd hope it's a straight split to the clubs like it's intended and nothing syphoned off to the county boards as an "Admin" fee.

skeog

what a gesture that 32 million will be well spent in each recepients clubs all over Ireland.