Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I'm interested in Truth and Cuban's thoughts on Derry winning an Ulster title with a team entirely from South Derry.

Good for Derry?

Bad for Derry?

Truth hurts

Quote from: rosskarr on May 31, 2022, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 31, 2022, 10:00:23 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 30, 2022, 05:23:16 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 30, 2022, 12:29:09 PM
Onto[[/b] the club scene:

What has happened in Carryduff, are they missing players? They need to start picking up points.

A big point for Rostrevor over Burren, I heard whimpers that the Burren supporters are getting frustrated at the defensive football they are playing which is not suited to their players. But they have an array of talent back this weekend and will comfortably make the top 4 along with Kilcoo, Mayobridge and Clonduff. With these four teams having been drawn against each other in the opening fixture in the championship, I can't see these games carrying much weight. The bottom 8 games will be where the action is at and there will be some great games.

Divison 2 is a great division with only 6 points separating relation and promotion so two wins or two defeats could pull you anywhere.

The second promotion spot in divison 3 is going to be a battle , Shamrocks look home and hosed.

Burren folk are going mad. Lads not getting football with seniors and not allowed to play for reserves etc. it's a calamity. Long May it continue.

I doubt its a calamity and I wouldnt bet against them challenging for honours in the big 4 championships
Big 4?

Senior, PRFC, RFC, Minor

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on May 31, 2022, 11:55:10 AM
I'm interested in Truth and Cuban's thoughts on Derry winning an Ulster title with a team entirely from South Derry.

Good for Derry?

Bad for Derry?

Who would win a game East Down v South Down  ;)

meatsy86

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 31, 2022, 02:02:37 PM

Good for Derry?

Bad for Derry?

wise up!

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 31, 2022, 02:02:37 PM

Good for Derry?

Bad for Derry?

I remember years ago they used to have a game between east and south down in newcastle every year. was sponsored by powerade if im not mistaken

Truth hurts

PAULD123

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 30, 2022, 04:56:05 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on May 30, 2022, 04:47:54 PM
Sorry to ask what is probably a silly question but are the leagues only one round. In particular I was wondering about underage football. The current fixture list on Down GAA website says the all the teams will have played each other once by 26th June. Is that the season over for the wee lads or has a second round of fixtures to be yet released?
Is that U11s or 13s? I know for the 11s they were planning to split the leagues and run more fixtures from there.

Yeah thanks, my little nephew plays U11. All the fixtures stop on 26th June allowing for either a home or away game against each other side. But I seem to remember him playing all summer last year and it was home and away for every side. this years the leagues are bigger because they went from four divisions to three divisions but I was surprised at the thought that they might only play one round of fixtures.

GAA Madness

SD 15-

1. G McMahon
2. P Fegan
3. F McIlroy
4. D O'Hagan
5. R McCormack
6. J Boyle
7. P Brannigan
8. C McCartan
9. O Murdock
10. D Magill
11. L Kerr
12. B O'Hagan
13. C Quinn
14. R McGarry
15. D O'Hare

ED 15
1. N Kane
2. A Brannigan
3. R McEvoy
4. G Collins
5. M Rooney
6. D Brannigan
7. D Guinness
8. D Ward
9. J Connery
10. E Brannigan
11. C Doherty
12. D Savage
13. J Johnson
14. C McCrickard
15. P Devlin

rosskarr

Quote from: GAA Madness on May 31, 2022, 07:20:43 PM
SD 15-

1. G McMahon
2. P Fegan
3. F McIlroy
4. D O'Hagan
5. R McCormack
6. J Boyle
7. P Brannigan
8. C McCartan
9. O Murdock
10. D Magill
11. L Kerr
12. B O'Hagan
13. C Quinn
14. R McGarry
15. D O'Hare

ED 15
1. N Kane
2. A Brannigan
3. R McEvoy
4. G Collins
5. M Rooney
6. D Brannigan
7. D Guinness
8. D Ward
9. J Connery
10. E Brannigan
11. C Doherty
12. D Savage
13. J Johnson
14. C McCrickard
15. P Devlin
Your name says it all. A Clown joining other clowns in this ridiculous idea.

Truth hurts

Carryduff were excellent in the second half last night for a much-needed win. Four points separate 6 teams in division one. CPN v Loughinisland on Friday night is massive.

Wildweasel74

Derry as in North Derry were only strong when Dungiven, Coleraine, and, Banagher were going well, all 3 are not now, Dungiven demise is particular shocking as they been in the top 4/5 teams in Derry as far bck as the 70's. Derry have a very weak bench made up of u-20 who I feel are too young. There about 10 players in the county I have on the panel 3/4 who start. Maybe nxt Yr some of these be bck if Gallagher selects them, half dropped off as they weren't getting game time which they should have against weaker teams in the league. What's Down to do, we'll go bck to a outside manager, no baggage, Get everyone onboard if the, Kilcoo prima Donna's don't think they too good for it, Then look at a system of  player  to suit the players available.

Lloyd p

Fresh start and fresh approach required in down. If there's to be a new management team in next year which I feel there should be, the 40 best footballers in down need to make up the panel. The logistics and likelihood of that happening however are a lot easier said than done! The lack of player buy in is worrying and the reasons behind this is something which needs to be seriously addressed for positive change to happen. Time will tell.

rosskarr

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 01, 2022, 08:45:14 PM
Derry as in North Derry were only strong when Dungiven, Coleraine, and, Banagher were going well, all 3 are not now, Dungiven demise is particular shocking as they been in the top 4/5 teams in Derry as far bck as the 70's. Derry have a very weak bench made up of u-20 who I feel are too young. There about 10 players in the county I have on the panel 3/4 who start. Maybe nxt Yr some of these be bck if Gallagher selects them, half dropped off as they weren't getting game time which they should have against weaker teams in the league. What's Down to do, we'll go bck to a outside manager, no baggage, Get everyone onboard if the, Kilcoo prima Donna's don't think they too good for it, Then look at a system of  player  to suit the players available.
There we go!Follow wildweasel's instruction and we'll win Ulster 2024 or 2025

Johnnysboys

Shocking result tonight in division 2 with the johnnies posting a massive score. Burren beating the town was expected and Kilcoo do what they do - win - but not by much..