Galway v Down Sunday March 9th 2:00pm

Started by PAULD123, March 03, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Before we start discussing the prospects for the game, I was wondering if anyone needs  a hotel in Galway for the match. I have a room booked and paid for that I cannot use for Saturday night. Up for grabs to any faithful Down supporter that is making the journey. Anyone want to make use of it?

seafoid

GalwayBayBoy

Relegation party time.

If the footballers don't pull out some kind of half decent performance for their sake of their own pride if nothing else they will run off what's left of the dwindling hardcore who follow them.

Was talking to one lad who follows them to away league games and everything who said he was finished with them after the Laois game. Saying if they can't be bothered to put the effort in then why is he?

seafoid

Galway are 2/9 to be relegated. I might put a fiver on Meath at 10/3.

Aristo 60

Down team announced. Between now and Sunday.

Mourne Rover

The Down team is unchanged from the one which started against Louth, which means that we get one more game from Ryan Mallon. There is plenty of competition for places, so hopefully Kallum and maybe Ambrose will get a run at some stage. However, Tuam is a tough place to go and the criticism the Galway players have taken from their own supporters is bound to have some sort of effect.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on March 03, 2014, 08:04:30 PM
Galway are 2/9 to be relegated. I might put a fiver on Meath at 10/3.

Any odds on a Galway demotion, Roscommon promotion double?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

larryin89

Have the fancy dans ever been in a worse place? Is it true all is not well in the camp either, some boyos not giving their all for management?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on March 07, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Have the fancy dans ever been in a worse place? Is it true all is not well in the camp either, some boyos not giving their all for management?
The Fancy Dans were in d3 in 95, the year they won Connacht. 
The Fancy Dans won it after 2 Mayo attempts.   

Tsk tsk 

I wonder will Kev Walsh be at the helm come June.

extra time

Quote from: Mourne Rover on March 07, 2014, 08:57:12 PM
The Down team is unchanged from the one which started against Louth, which means that we get one more game from Ryan Mallon. There is plenty of competition for places, so hopefully Kallum and maybe Ambrose will get a run at some stage. However, Tuam is a tough place to go and the criticism the Galway players have taken from their own supporters is bound to have some sort of effect.
I think you'll probably see a change ogf keeper for this game ;)

From the Bunker

Are you for real?

snoopdog

anyone know if this game will be on any radio station tomorrow

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on March 07, 2014, 09:50:40 PM
The Fancy Dans were in d3 in 95, the year they won Connacht. 
The Fancy Dans won it after 2 Mayo attempts.   

Tsk tsk 

I wonder will Kev Walsh be at the helm come June.

If you want yer lads dragging tyres up the sand dunes in Salthill that'd be an excellent choice.

Mourne Rover

Snoopdog's best bet for a live commentary is probably <www.galwaybayfm.ie>. Extra Time, are you suggesting a rotation policy or something further ?