Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

On a completely separate note... BS what was the answer to the medals question?

bannside

Casements progress to the U 21 quarter final U 21 after beating Aghagallon today in Creggan.

The answer ITG is Andrew Mc Clean and Kevin Niblock. Both are from the 1985 year group, and along with Paul Veronica won practically everything possible. A couple of minor medals, three under 21 chips, 9 seniors, two Ulsters, one All Ireland club senior, as well as four or five National seven a sides. 

If anyone can beat this please let us know.....but I doubt it!

The gooch

Very poor game up in creggan today for the neutral. A lot of wides and very sloppy play. Aghagallon were very poor, expected much better given the hype around them. Did notice that pg1 had hasson of rasharkin in nets, come on lads yous arent rossa!!

belfastsaff

Took the trip down to kickams to watch the u21 game, a very poor game. despite casements and kickams drawing in the group stage I would expect kickams to progress to the semi finals after watching that today

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on November 25, 2018, 04:49:27 PM
Casements progress to the U 21 quarter final U 21 after beating Aghagallon today in Creggan.

The answer ITG is Andrew Mc Clean and Kevin Niblock. Both are from the 1985 year group, and along with Paul Veronica won practically everything possible. A couple of minor medals, three under 21 chips, 9 seniors, two Ulsters, one All Ireland club senior, as well as four or five National seven a sides. 

Cheers bs. You have a closer knowledge of it than me so i will take your word for it!

The gooch

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2018, 08:53:06 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 25, 2018, 04:49:27 PM

[/quote
Cheers bs. You have a closer knowledge of it than me so i will take your word for it!

Some medal haul. Niblock my favorite player to watch over past 15 years. Serious talent who coulda made most county teams

imtommygunn

I would have said sean kelly. Stood out even at sigerson which is rare to see for an antrim player.

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2018, 09:42:03 PM
I would have said sean kelly. Stood out even at sigerson which is rare to see

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Bannside

'Dunloy will take some stopping on today's form. Tuesday's draw might just have wakened them up a bit'

Much more like the thing Bannside after a sluggish 1st half where we missed 4/5 goal chances we controlled the 2nd half and it was a joy to watch. Tough assignment coming up quarter final on Saturday in Woodlands against St Galls

bannside

If we are talking best footballers of their generation then Sean Kelly and Mick Mc Cann are up there in that elite bracket....But the question was simply which players have the largest collection of medals. On that basis the three 1985s from St Galls had a great platform early in their career, e.g. in 2003 they won all three medals minor U21 and senior. 

If Andy Mc Clean has a Sigerson medal (he was on UUJ panel) he would be out on his own then. Not sure if he has or not.

bannside

Dunloy will take some stopping no doubt. Their link up play is superb, and they have decent players in every position. Will take a good team to beat them this year, now that football is their sole focus for the next few weeks.

Na Glinntí Glasa

was impressed with our second half on sat. we tagged 5 points in a row and then the goal killed it.

as you say BS the link up play from defence to attack is very good and it made the difference to them. with the entire out field team also playing hurling you can see that fast pace that they are so used to playing at and it stood to them.

hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2018, 08:52:17 AM
If we are talking best footballers of their generation then Sean Kelly and Mick Mc Cann are up there in that elite bracket....But the question was simply which players have the largest collection of medals. On that basis the three 1985s from St Galls had a great platform early in their career, e.g. in 2003 they won all three medals minor U21 and senior. 

If Andy Mc Clean has a Sigerson medal (he was on UUJ panel) he would be out on his own then. Not sure if he has or not.

13 senior and 4 under 21's and a minor the likes of the mcgourtys have and add in the sevens and that a nice medal haul and a few hurling for Cairan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: farset on November 26, 2018, 12:33:35 PM
If we are talking best footballers of their generation then Sean Kelly and Mick Mc Cann are up there in that elite bracket...

Put Mick McCann on Sean Kelly though and what happens?

Mick McCann by far and away the best player of his generation. IMO

Fixed that for ye..

imtommygunn

Quote from: farset on November 26, 2018, 12:33:35 PM
If we are talking best footballers of their generation then Sean Kelly and Mick Mc Cann are up there in that elite bracket...

Put Mick McCann on Sean Kelly though and what happens?

Mick McCann by far and away the best player of his generation.

Brilliant no doubt but Kelly for me has been most gifted in antrim for many a year. Again IMO lol.