Martin Mc Guinness Passes Away at 66

Started by vallankumous, January 09, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Martin Mc Guinness

Has resigned as Deputy First minister. He has held that post for 10 years. A very public former IRA man turned politician. he has divided many opinions.
Second in command of the IRA in Derry on Bloody Sunday he give evidence to the Saville inquiry. He spoke ard the 1986 Ard Fheis in favour of ending abstentionism in the 26 Counties. He was a major part of the IRA and SF negotiating teams that met with different British agencies throughout the troubles. Martin McGuinness was a driving force for the GFA and eventually became DFM. A role he shared with Ian Paisley. They became workable friends. The GFA (with the part of Republican and Unionist) became the blue print for peace in Ireland. There was no greater part played and no greater effort made by anyone than Martin McGuinness.

It is my view that he is one of Ireland's greatest men. 

Rossfan

He experienced interesting times alright.
Certainly put doing the right thing before any narrow minded playing to his own gallery unlike the last 2 DUP leaders.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

vallankumous

Thanks Rossfan but this isn't a DUP thread.

stew

Quote from: vallankumous on January 09, 2017, 10:51:11 PM
Martin Mc Guinness

Has resigned as Deputy First minister. He has held that post for 10 years. A very public former IRA man turned politician. he has divided many opinions.
Second in command of the IRA in Derry on Bloody Sunday he give evidence to the Saville inquiry. He spoke ard the 1986 Ard Fheis in favour of ending abstentionism in the 26 Counties. He was a major part of the IRA and SF negotiating teams that met with different British agencies throughout the troubles. Martin McGuinness was a driving force for the GFA and eventually became DFM. A role he shared with Ian Paisley. They became workable friends. The GFA (with the part of Republican and Unionist) became the blue print for peace in Ireland. There was no greater part played and no greater effort made by anyone than Martin McGuinness.

It is my view that he is one of Ireland's greatest men.

There are some that think he was a tout, and I mean hard line republicans that think that, I have no idea if he was or was not but he is far from one of Irelands finest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

general_lee

Not many have gone out of their comfort zone as much as McGuinness has. Comes across a lot more sincerely than most others

seafoid

Definitely a fascinating story that mirrors the catholic story from the 60s to now. From Untermensch to power sharing . The funny thing is that the IRA destroyed large chunks of the NI economy so when SF came into Government there wasn't much of an independent private sector left.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2017, 08:36:36 AM
Definitely a fascinating story that mirrors the catholic story from the 60s to now. From Untermensch to power sharing . The funny thing is that the IRA destroyed large chunks of the NI economy so when SF came into Government there wasn't much of an independent private sector left.

They certainly created a lot of jobs for the private sector though!! Building trades, glazers, metal work (fleg poles, grills around all the pubs)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

vallankumous

Quote from: stew on January 10, 2017, 05:02:52 AM

There are some that think he was a tout, and I mean hard line republicans that think that, I have no idea if he was or was not but he is far from one of Irelands finest.

There are some that think the Queen of England is a Lizard.
I don't trust your sources.

give her dixie

Quote from: vallankumous on January 10, 2017, 12:16:17 PM

Scores of former senior IRA members claim he is a tout. That much is common knowledge
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on January 10, 2017, 12:47:54 PM

Scores of former senior IRA members claim he is a tout. That much is common knowledge
[/quote ]
Half of the leadership could have been working for the Brits in the end
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

MoChara

Martin Ingram a MI6 officer was the first to claim he was J118 

vallankumous

No they don't. Vast majority of the senior IRA members are supportive of McGuinness.
You are mistaking senior Dissidents with former members of the IRA. They were never senior PIRA members and some of them where never members of the PIRA.
If they do claim he was a tout then they would accuse him of that but rather they accuse him of selling out.

give her dixie

Quote from: vallankumous on January 10, 2017, 01:09:26 PM

No they don't. Vast majority of the senior IRA members are supportive of McGuinness.
You are mistaking senior Dissidents with former members of the IRA. They were never senior PIRA members and some of them where never members of the PIRA.
If they do claim he was a tout then they would accuse him of that but rather they accuse him of selling out.

You are very ill informed.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

AhNowRef

As far as I can see McGuinness tried his best to make this thing work ,... he bent over backwards regarding the DUP but there's always a final straw and this was it ... the DUP's continued arrogance, incompetence, corruption and blatant sectarianism has finally caught up with them ...

Arlene (Mans Head) Fester is a complete joke and a fool ... to think that this pathetic specimen was calling herself the "gatekeeper" a while back is worthy of a comedy award..

Anyway, the upshot is that we're all on a worse footing now because of all this but I can certainly see why he's pulled the plug.

Personally I think he's the best we've got and I for one hope he's ok and pulls through this.

Take Your Points

Quote from: general_lee on January 10, 2017, 07:54:57 AM
Not many have gone out of their comfort zone as much as McGuinness has. Comes across a lot more sincerely than most others

Ian Paisley and Peter Robinson when first minister