The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: johnnycool on December 12, 2018, 11:02:00 AM
Van Dijk was worth every penny of that £75M it seems and some on here were questioning that.

Better spunking that money on one great player than two average ones.

When you look at United even, they could really do with doing the same and someone like VVD would have made a huge difference to that defense. Would give the opportunity to the likes of Bailly, Rojo to play alongside and help their confidence. I honestly believe he's had a great impact on Gomez.
Same for Alisson. You can see the defense happy to keep the ball on the ground and pass it around and use Alisson to keep position. And I'm thinking back to Lovern who's first option was usually a hoof up the pitch. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 12, 2018, 11:07:52 AM
Van Dijk was worth every penny of that £75M it seems and some on here were questioning that.

When you look at United even, they could really do with doing the same and someone like VVD would have made a huge difference to that defense. Would give the opportunity to the likes of Bailly, Rojo to play alongside and help their confidence. I honestly believe he's had a great impact on Gomez.
Same for Alisson. You can see the defense happy to keep the ball on the ground and pass it around and use Alisson to keep position. And I'm thinking back to Lovern who's first option was usually a hoof up the pitch.

Lovern's contribution last night was to slice a clearance and then let the Napoli lad inside him for the shot Alisson saved.
Liability at this stage.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnnycool on December 12, 2018, 11:17:40 AM

Lovern's contribution last night was to slice a clearance and then let the Napoli lad inside him for the shot Alisson saved.
Liability at this stage.

In fairness, a right back he ain't.

johnnycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2018, 11:46:24 AM

Liability at this stage.

Why would it matter what patch of grass you are standing on to shank a clearance?

Maybe a bit of leeway with the Napoli chance as it came over the head of Matip, but still a bit sleepy there.

Tony Baloney

Firmino more of a concern last night that Lovren' s brief spell. He needs to start sparking again to make serious inroads into Europe or the PL.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnnycool on December 12, 2018, 12:00:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2018, 11:46:24 AM

Liability at this stage.

Why would it matter what patch of grass you are standing on to shank a clearance?

Maybe a bit of leeway with the Napoli chance as it came over the head of Matip, but still a bit sleepy there.

I was talking about allowing the Napoli lad in at the back post. A decent right back would have been tracking that. Mind you, that's exactly the sort of situation TAA gets caught out with.

The clearance was classic Lovren when he feels nervous. As someone said earlier on in the thread, he's the sort of player that needs a run in the team to get comfortable. Gomez and VVD are certainly a much more solid partnership than anything that features Lovren or Matip, but I'd still have Lovren over Matip normally. Matip was very solid last night though.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2018, 01:14:30 PM

The clearance was classic Lovren when he feels nervous. As someone said earlier on in the thread, he's the sort of player that needs a run in the team to get comfortable. Gomez and VVD are certainly a much more solid partnership than anything that features Lovren or Matip, but I'd still have Lovren over Matip normally. Matip was very solid last night though.
Going to be interesting over the next few weeks as to who is the preferred option, now they are both fit. I'd have Matip well ahead of Lovren personally, but given he sees them every day you'd have to trust that whatever one Klopp does pick will be the right choice.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 12, 2018, 12:55:12 PM
Firmino more of a concern last night that Lovren' s brief spell. He needs to start sparking again to make serious inroads into Europe or the PL.
Agreed. People also going on about Mane's misses, at least Mane is getting into good positions and looking dangerous, but Firmino is just poor. Can't even do the simple things right. There's definitely a case to be made to have him on the bench for Sunday. I'd go with a similar team to last weekend v Bournemouth, with the only change being Mane in for Firmino.

imtommygunn

They should just play Shaquiri instead of Firmino.

gawa316

Matip out for 6 weeks  :'(

VVD and Lovren only centre backs left standing. TAA also a doubt for the weekend, may mean shifting Fabinho to RB. Anyone heard what's going on with Clyne?

markl121

Did matip seem injured last night? I can't remember with everything else going on but was pretty shocked when I saw he had done the collarbone. I've broke mine before and definitely wouldn't have been fit to play on.

Minder

Quote from: markl121 on December 12, 2018, 07:17:44 PM
Did matip seem injured last night? I can't remember with everything else going on but was pretty shocked when I saw he had done the collarbone. I've broke mine before and definitely wouldn't have been fit to play on.

The last aerial challenge apparently just before the ref blew the whistle for FT
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Armamike

Quality better than quantity!
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

So the teams we can draw are
Dortmund
Barcelona
Porto
Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Juventus

Shouldn't fear any of them and none of them will want to get Liverpool.
I hope we get Madrid.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2018, 10:10:42 PM
Dortmund
Barcelona
Porto
Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Juventus

I hope we get Madrid.
Why only 6, PSG out of the equation because of the qualifing group?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 13, 2018, 01:46:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2018, 10:10:42 PM
Dortmund
Barcelona
Porto
Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Juventus

I hope we get Madrid.
Why only 6, PSG out of the equation because of the qualifing group?

Yep,  can't play teams from the same qualifying group or same country until the last 8 draws