Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Think Port Aventura also has a dedicated water park.

tbrick18

Quote from: Taylor on August 19, 2022, 08:37:33 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 16, 2022, 09:43:52 AM
Anybody been to the theme park or water park in Salou?  Is there a big benefit in taking the fast passes to both?  Think its basically double money for the passes.

Was at the theme park earlier this year and it has really gone to the dogs.

Less staff seem to be working which means less rides open and the rides that are open have painfully long queues as there is only 1/2 members of staff to get the people on and off.

The fast pass would obviously help with the queues but for the price I would not recommend the park at all

We got the fast pass the time we were there, only to find out it couldn't be used on rides for really young kids. So depending on ages of kids it could be beneficial.
Certainly was the only way to get on the rollercoasters in a reasonable time.

AustinPowers

Anyone been on Inisheer?

Will only be on  there for  about 2-3 hours.

Anything worth  seeing or doing while I'm there?

Heading  to Inishmore as well .  Anything worthwhile seeing (other than Dun Aongus) or  doing ?

Dougal Maguire

Ireland pricing itself out again. Friend told me he paid €101 for 5 take away pizzas and 3 small chips in Letterfrack Connemara
Careful now

ONeill

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 21, 2022, 03:21:56 PM
Anyone been on Inisheer?

Will only be on  there for  about 2-3 hours.

Anything worth  seeing or doing while I'm there?

Heading  to Inishmore as well .  Anything worthwhile seeing (other than Dun Aongus) or  doing ?

Definitely get the bikes. Not a pile to see on both islands but a nice cycle ride to pass a few hrs, especially if weather decent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 21, 2022, 03:53:28 PM
Ireland pricing itself out again. Friend told me he paid €101 for 5 take away pizzas and 3 small chips in Letterfrack Connemara
Depends on the size of the pizza. Tenner a head for a meal is hardly the worst example of rip off if they were X-Large!

Also, and more to the point, they knew the price and could have gone elsewhere. If people are willing to pay the price, you can't blame the seller for sticking with it.

omagh_gael

Anyone been in Spain recently? Flying into Girona on Friday and just double checking covid paperwork etc. From the guidance websites it appears you don't need to do anything if arriving from Dublin. It appears to be different if you're arriving from the UK. Have I got this right?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 23, 2022, 12:09:45 PM
Anyone been in Spain recently? Flying into Girona on Friday and just double checking covid paperwork etc. From the guidance websites it appears you don't need to do anything if arriving from Dublin. It appears to be different if you're arriving from the UK. Have I got this right?

The Covid 'checkers in Malaga airport were not in different passport lines as such and were after passport control, Had to show app, that was few weeks ago, could have changed by now.. Is there a UK covid and a Irish covid ?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 23, 2022, 12:09:45 PM

You wont be stopped if flying from Dublin - if coming from the UK they will direct you to a different line where they check your paperwork etc after going through passport control

omagh_gael

Cheers lads, two of our party have GB passports, this won't affect the check I wonder? Says on the website as long as you're travelling from an EU country they won't check.

Taylor

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 23, 2022, 01:20:18 PM
Cheers lads, two of our party have GB passports, this won't affect the check I wonder? Says on the website as long as you're travelling from an EU country they won't check.

Correct - passports dont seem to matter. More the country you are arriving from (that was our experience)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on August 23, 2022, 01:34:16 PM

Correct - passports dont seem to matter. More the country you are arriving from (that was our experience)

Is that down to the rate of infection in a country?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omagh_gael

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 02:48:37 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 23, 2022, 01:34:16 PM

Is that down to the rate of infection in a country?

No idea how they decide on the process for each country

Last Man

Think there still is a Brexit prejudice against travellers from UK. They are subject to more scrutiny than EU passport holders. Have seen Uk passport holders taken aside because they were missing a stamp from departing Dublin. Not always but it happens.