Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 04, 2017, 10:30:56 PM
Booked a few days in Bratislava with the missus mainly for cheap beer and food. Anything else to do or any recommendations for a good bar or restaurant?

Visit the castle

There is a pedestrian street in the city centre near the Savoy hotel with nice bars and restaurants

If you're there for a few days maybe visit Vienna too, its very close

Upthecut

Quote from: HiMucker on January 04, 2017, 10:23:18 PM
Quote from: Upthecut on January 03, 2017, 08:17:57 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 02, 2017, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: Upthecut on January 02, 2017, 09:22:47 PM
Folks, looking to head away at the start of July with the boss and 2 kids. Thinking of mainland Spain or one of the islands. Any recommendations for all-inclusive hotels?
try magic natura.  Its just outside benidorm.  We didnt leave the compound once and spent the total of 30 euro while there.

Thanks HiMucker. If you don't mind me asking why room type would you recommend? Plenty of options there.
We just got a basic cabin with two bedrooms. Two wanes in one room and the baby in the cot.  I wouldnt bother with any of the rooms with sea view or pool view.  They didnt seem any better.  There is golf buggies beating about every 5 mins so you dont need to worry about walking if your knackered.  You can bring bottles of wine up to the cabin at the end of the night also.  Unlimited access to zoo and water park.  Its cheaper with jet2 than booking seaprately and you dont need to worry about your backage.

Thanks again. We were looking at the other rooms but that is great advice. The wife will be happy about the wine! Will get looking into it more. Cheer!

J70

Quote from: Declan on January 03, 2017, 11:23:01 AM
Anyone been to Hawaii?

Half thinking of heading there this year with the missus

Just Kauai.

Its the northernmost and greenest of the islands. Stunningly beautiful. Anyone who's watched Jurassic Park or South Pacific or Tropic Thunder or the tonnes of other movies made there will be familiar with landscape. Some of the Clooney movie, The Descendents, was filmed in Hanalei, which was the area we stayed in.

Snorkeling is amazing, especially Tunnels Beach. Lots of coral, sea turtles, fish etc. We did a bit of zip lining too, while a boat trip along the Na Pali coast is spectacular (think helicopter flying towards the coast in Jurassic Park for the scene). And then there's Waimea Canyon, which would give the Grand Canyon a run for its money in terms of an awesome spectacle of nature.

Only drawback in comparison to the likes of the Big Island is that there is no volcanic activity.

AZOffaly

That time of year again.  Looking to book something in July, with a kids club, but not too mental. Basically a family holiday with good weather. We've been alternating between the Algarve and France for the last few years, so this year we're looking at changing it up a bit. Anyone any ideas? We've been looking at Lanzarote and Gran Canaria but wouldn't be completely sold on either. I should have said we have a 10 year old boy and a 4 year old girl, so activities for them would be a big bonus. What do ye reckon? As usual, any help or advice is gratefully received....

uimhr ocht

I took my kids to salou spain its very family orientated weather is good plenty of kids clubs as well,portadventura theme park also worth a visit,plus flight time 2 hours hard to beat.

AZOffaly

Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 16, 2017, 04:32:43 PM
I took my kids to salou spain its very family orientated weather is good plenty of kids clubs as well,portadventura theme park also worth a visit,plus flight time 2 hours hard to beat.

Any resorts in particular 8?

Billys Boots

Menorca is always good for kids, but might be a bit too kid-friendly for the eldest. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Mikhailov

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 16, 2017, 04:34:48 PM

Salou is a great spot if you have kids - like a mini Disneyworld.

Was 2011 when I was there but would go again if kids were younger - unfortunately they have now grown up a bit and salou is not for them anymore...

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 16, 2017, 04:34:48 PM

Is it chalet/campsite you are looking? I've not been myself but booked one for a mate of mine, who would be computer illiterate, and his family (two kids roughly ages you described) last summer. They had the time of their lives and he was in to me the week he came home and booked again for this year and the kids have talked of little else since he says.

Cambrils I think is the name of it

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

uimhr ocht

med 10 village capa salou stayed there good kids club but out of saloua bit,there are a range of hotels varying star rating but depends how close to salou town resort you want.Good water parks also liked the one in le pineda.

Rois

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 16, 2017, 03:36:47 PM
That time of year again.  Looking to book something in July, with a kids club, but not too mental. Basically a family holiday with good weather. We've been alternating between the Algarve and France for the last few years, so this year we're looking at changing it up a bit. Anyone any ideas? We've been looking at Lanzarote and Gran Canaria but wouldn't be completely sold on either. I should have said we have a 10 year old boy and a 4 year old girl, so activities for them would be a big bonus. What do ye reckon? As usual, any help or advice is gratefully received....

Stayed here Camp Albatross San Vincenzo Tuscany! Flew to Piza and about 40 minutes drive, big camp with plenty to do... beach across the road for kids and nudist beach right beside it for the adults!

Kids were probably same age entertainment each night and pools are great! Great restaurant off site (about a minutes walk outside camp) and pizza place where food was great!! Town not far away, ten mins walk...

Good friendly place, well maintained and plenty local places to go, Elba, Pisa, and Luca!!

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/tuscanycentralitalyelba/in022-park-albatros/ataglance.html
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

A cruise would be worth looking into for a family holiday. Royal Caribbean have a special offer of free drinks and half price for 2nd adult and up to 2 kids sharing the cabin.

Priced a couple just there leaving from Southamption this summer

1. to Northern France and Spain in August (including Gijon, Bilbao and Le Harve - great day trips to the Normandy beaches from Le Harve with WWII museum and the UIS burial ground will all the white marble crosses)
Price for 2 adults and 2 kids is £5,300 for 8 nights
Might sound like a lot at first glance, but that includes top class evening meal each day as well as breakfasts, lunches and snacks, and drinks package for adults, plus super evening entertainment and kids clubs for kids.
That's for a balcony room, You could get cheaper with an interior room or a room with just a window, but I'd strongly recommend splashing out the extra for a balcony. Nothing like ending the evening with a glass of something on the balcony looking out at endless sea and stars.

2. to Norway and Denmark, including Oslo, Stavanger and Copenhagen on 29 June.
Price is £5,450 for the same deal for 8 nights

Southampton port is handy to get to, but also plenty of other options for Med cruises departing from Barcelona, Rome, Venice, etc if something warmer is required and there are some for under £5k for balcony rooms for 4.

AZOffaly

Thanks a million everyone. Much appreciated. Hound, definitely would love to do a cruise, but I'm hoping to save up and do a bit of a spin around the Caribbean. I think this year it's more the standard sun for 10 days. Hotel, Pool, Beach, with activities for young lad and lady. Thanks again lads, I'll definitely take a look at all of those.