Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

In fairness there was nothing new in it for an Irish audience. It was more for the UK market where Kinahan would barely be known by anyone.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Taylor on February 02, 2021, 08:01:52 AM
A nothing show really - just seemed to rehash others stories and pull it together.

Is it just all about the €€€€€ for the boxers and they dont give a shite were it comes from?

Wee Barry would have come across very admirable if he hadnt just had to pay out millions in court recently because he was shafting his boxers  :o
I'm not convinced now that he was shafting his boxers. He was never going to be able to offer them the same terms as MTK for obvious reasons
Careful now

imtommygunn

If he wasn't then how come the Frampton court case turned out the way it did?

toby47

If you watched Panorama last night and are slagging McGuigan before Kinahan then I'm not quite sure

square_ball

Quote from: toby47 on February 02, 2021, 09:09:08 AM
If you watched Panorama last night and are slagging McGuigan before Kinahan then I'm not quite sure

McGuigan getting more abuse than Kinahan on Twitter last night sums it all up really.

Taylor

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 02, 2021, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 02, 2021, 08:01:52 AM
A nothing show really - just seemed to rehash others stories and pull it together.

Is it just all about the €€€€€ for the boxers and they dont give a shite were it comes from?

Wee Barry would have come across very admirable if he hadnt just had to pay out millions in court recently because he was shafting his boxers  :o
I'm not convinced now that he was shafting his boxers. He was never going to be able to offer them the same terms as MTK for obvious reasons

There was a court case that was settled out of court after 10k emails which had been deleted by the McGuigans were found - that tells you all you need to know.

And not to miss the main point of the show - do boxers not give a shite where their money comes from?
Given how many boxers MTK have on their books (and many of them from here) it would seem it is all about the coin and nothing to do with integrity

GetOverTheBar

Not much chance of a bank asking a professional sportsman or woman where their cash came from.....

lurganblue

I enjoyed the documentary but yes, there wasn't anything new in it really.  Nothing will change from it either in my opinion. Nobody seems to care where the money comes from... sky, BT, ESPN, Hearn, Warren.  It doesn't matter as long as they are all getting theirs too.

GetOverTheBar

Boxing has been dirty for as long as Boxing has been going on with a blind eye turned to it. I don't really see too much changing either truth be told.

It does look like Kinahans days are numbered, but not for anything he's done in the boxing world, do we turn a blind eye because he's Irish? It seems surreal one of the biggest players, certainly in Europe if not the world is one of our own.

square_ball

Saunders really is a tr**p after his latest social media posts. An out and out sc**bag.

imtommygunn

Absolutely vile. As low as it gets.

trailer

It's despicable and all to predictable. The boxing authorities need to step in.

JimStynes

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on February 03, 2021, 08:31:00 PM
What's he done now?

Making daughter jokes on instagram... never had much class that lad!

JimStynes

Quote from: screenexile on February 03, 2021, 08:51:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 03, 2021, 08:31:00 PM
What's he done now?

Making daughter jokes on instagram... never had much class that lad!

I saw that but thought nothing of it. Surely that's not a sick sort of dig at McGuigan?