Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: Itchy on November 09, 2017, 11:15:19 PM
Swiss got really bad offside call in 2nd half too which Gerry agreed was clearly offside despite it being clearly onside.

haha noticed that too. It was a lovely wee move from the Swiss.  When they played the replay i was wondering was i watching the same footage as Gerry.

BennyCake

Will the Norn Iron fans be swinging both ways and support the Republic tomorrow night?

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on November 10, 2017, 10:24:16 AM
Will the Norn Iron fans be swinging both ways and support the Republic tomorrow night?

I suspect the ones carrying the NI flags, sporting the poppies, and singing 'no surrender' will not be swinging both ways.

The few NI fans that have also attended their county club final are probably swingers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

clarshack

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 10, 2017, 01:57:45 AM
The tie is not over yet. A 2-1win for the north in the away leg will be enough.

More importantly I didn't see the game as it was on sky.  Why didn't the BBC or UTV have the game on live?

absolutely no chance Northern Ireland are going to outscore the Swiss over in Basel. they didn't even have a shot on target last nite ffs.

Itchy

Quote from: lurganblue on November 10, 2017, 09:45:14 AM
Quote from: Itchy on November 09, 2017, 11:15:19 PM
Swiss got really bad offside call in 2nd half too which Gerry agreed was clearly offside despite it being clearly onside.

haha noticed that too. It was a lovely wee move from the Swiss.  When they played the replay i was wondering was i watching the same footage as Gerry.

Yes - the guy was in on goal and had been a yard onside. Gerry also claimed that was a sign of the Swiss getting complacent because yer man involved did a nice flick. His attempt to claim a peno for them too was so funny, just because the Swiss got an unfair one he reckoned that the other one was handball too despite it not going anywhere near the mans arm.

AQMP

Never a penalty, it seemed to hit Evans on the back?  But NI were really poor.  Looked to be playing for a 0-0 at home.  They definitely didn't play the type of football that got them to the play-offs.  A tough task in Basel but not impossible.  Uncle Tom Armstrong is best avoided at all times.

AQMP

Not many.

Syferus

Quote from: AQMP on November 10, 2017, 12:35:28 PM

Not many.

Can we just watch the match without making this yet another GAABoards sectarian dick measuring contest?

AZOffaly

Quote from: stiffler on November 09, 2017, 11:04:54 PM
Gerry Armstrong gave the worst commentary performance I have ever witnessed.

So bad, it was comical.

On the game itself , norn iron didn't threaten the Swiss goal and were outclassed. 1-0 was probably a fair result.

It was shocking. He is a joke.

general_lee

Milltown Row2

Watched it last night and Norn Iron tried their best but were a standard or two below what was on offer, the Swiss pressed for most of the match and while the penalty call was horrendous, they were lucky to get beat by one

or another way to look at it was that the defence was solid and didn't give them much, they had 2 shots on target and one of them was a penalty, plenty of crosses and knock downs for shots but they were blocked out, 64% possession but only 2 shots on target!..the Swiss just had a bit more composure on the ball
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

If Germany had won the war everyone would be able to read the following from the Swiss media

https://www.gmx.ch/magazine/sport/fussball/nationalteam-schweiz/nordiren-schweizer-elfermeter-sieg-stinksauer-schlimmer-henry-32622286

Nordiren nach Schweizer Elfermeter-Sieg stinksauer: "Schlimmer als bei Henry"
Aktualisiert am 10.11.2017, 15:20 Uhr
Nach dem Sieg der Schweizer Nati am Donnerstagabend sind die Nordiren stinksauer. Der Schiri hätte etwas gesehen, was gar nicht passiert sei - und dann einen Elfmeter gegeben.

The Nordis are pissed off. Stinksauer. Smelly sour.
The ref saw something that did not happen.  He then gave a peno. Johnny Evans says it is worse than Thierry Henry.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2017, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: AQMP on November 10, 2017, 12:35:28 PM

Not many.

Can we just watch the match without making this yet another GAABoards sectarian dick measuring contest?

It's an IFA thread.  Of course sectarianism is going to come up ;)  Ask Lisa Evans!

Rossfan

I presume the DUPIFA still insist on the Lizzie Windsor dirge as the anthem and compulsory  poppy wearing for their " cross Community" team?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM