Iphone help

Started by tyrone girl, April 11, 2013, 11:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

There probably is a thread on this but anyway hopefully someone more technically minded than me can help.
Got an iphone 4s and was connected to wifi fine at home last nite and at work all morning. Anyway i got this update io5 or something like that and i accepted it. It seems since that my wifi keeps dropping off after 5 or 10 minutes and goes to 3g and i keep having to go back into wifi and enter password etc every time.
I havnt a clue about things like this so hopefully someone can help?

Thanks in advance

Shamrock Shore

TG

I had this problem as well and I almost ending up smashing it agin the wall.

If you update the IOS software to 6.1.3 it should be ok.

There are pages and pages out there with people who had similar problems.

tyrone girl

Ah flip dont tell me that. Only got the fone and my head would go if thought this would be permanent. Did u fix yours by updating the software? How do i do that

Shamrock Shore

TG

By plugging it into the auld PC and starting up iTunes. It will recognise the phone and then see if there is a software update.

Make sure you back up all your contacts etc in case it goes pear-shaped.

tyrone girl

Ah this sounds all to technical for me i am completely useless when it comes to stuff like this. Il get the nephew to plug it into laptop tonite to see if it works.
i did try what someone said on one of them sites about entering the same name into other networks and so far its staying on. Will be interesting to see if that works

Armaghgeddon

Plug into PC > Open Itunes > Click on your device on the left handside navigation panel > I believe there will be an update option in the main window.

tyrone girl

Thanks for help. It seems though when i followed this thing about adding the network into other networks that it has stayed on since and connection hasnt dropped

illdecide

I hope your doing everything legal TG...not like that car of yours ;) (only messin :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

muppet

Quote from: illdecide on April 11, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
I hope your doing everything legal TG...not like that car of yours ;) (only messin :D)

I'd say she is charging it with red diesel.
MWWSI 2017

tyrone girl

Alls above board these days. Im a little older and wiser  8)

Mind u the pockets low some weeks and the red diesel could defnitely be hit again