Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Thanks to everyone who confirmed my point re: Lee Brennan. He won't play for Harte. Possibly our most lethal attacker.
Re: Bradley. How come players from other counties fly over from England but Mark Bradley won't? Is the reason perhaps the Glencull dictator?
O'Neill - stepped off the panel. Harte wanted him and he wouldn't play.

These are the facts guys.

southtyronegael

These lads fuckin hate harte and prob can't stand being around him sayin decades of the rosary and bullshit like that. Harte out to f**k now!

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on August 19, 2019, 05:35:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who confirmed my point re: Lee Brennan. He won't play for Harte. Possibly our most lethal attacker.
Re: Bradley. How come players from other counties fly over from England but Mark Bradley won't? Is the reason perhaps the Glencull dictator?

Bradley is doing a PGCE isn't he? Not great for his future career if he is going off to ireland every weekend

southtyronegael

Quote from: hardstation on August 19, 2019, 05:43:04 PM

O'Neill would have been better stepping away from the fridge. He wasn't going to make it and gave up.
ah yeah boys having a go at Ronan o Neill for walking. Yous were glad of him last year when he created the match winning goal in extra time against meath to keep us in the championship.

southtyronegael

Quote from: hardstation on August 19, 2019, 05:50:37 PM
He walked away because he couldn't get on. He couldn't get on because he couldn't get himself into the physical condition for inter county football. You can pin that on Mickey Harte if you want but it isn't going to wash.
yeah maybe we need less gym bunnies and more footballers.

t_mac

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 19, 2019, 05:37:40 PM
These lads fuckin hate harte and prob can't stand being around him sayin decades of the rosary and bullshit like that. Harte out to f**k now!

Keep her lit lads, brilliant stuff. 8)

Rossfan

The Tyronies tearing into themselves  ;D
Obviously expected to win Sam this year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trueblue1234

😀 Fact!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BennyHarp

Has anyone got any links to post match interviews were RTE reporters scrutinise the managers?
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 19, 2019, 07:34:01 PM

😀 Fact!!

How many players from other counties travel from England?? I know there was a Fermanagh guy did for a while there but haven't heard of many??

Dire Ear

Owen Brannigan

Even if you follow the line that 3 players are not in the squad because of Harte, no one has named a single other player missing from the squad who stands out in club football as county grade footballers.

Therefore, general agreement that the current squad is about 90 to 95% of the best players in the county and those absent or absenting themselves are at best fringe players.

So, either the current squad are not good enough to win an All Ireland or they are as good man or man with players in Mayo, Kerry, or Dublin and lack management to reach their potential.

Most observers would agree that the current Tyrone squad has not reached a stage where the players are as good as the top 3 teams on a man for man basis. 

The statistics prove that the tactical systems being used with these players have not enabled them to beat any of the top 3 teams in their last 11 championship games.

Angelo

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 19, 2019, 10:44:37 PM
Even if you follow the line that 3 players are not in the squad because of Harte, no one has named a single other player missing from the squad who stands out in club football as county grade footballers.

Therefore, general agreement that the current squad is about 90 to 95% of the best players in the county and those absent or absenting themselves are at best fringe players.

So, either the current squad are not good enough to win an All Ireland or they are as good man or man with players in Mayo, Kerry, or Dublin and lack management to reach their potential.

Most observers would agree that the current Tyrone squad has not reached a stage where the players are as good as the top 3 teams on a man for man basis. 

The statistics prove that the tactical systems being used with these players have not enabled them to beat any of the top 3 teams in their last 11 championship games.

I certainly wouldn't say we're far off if not better than Mayo, Kerry, Donegal etc but what's that really? 2 bald men fighting over a fine tooth comb, reality is that the only race that really exists is the one to get beaten by Dublin in the final. The super 8s have proven that there is not a whole pile of difference between the top 6/7 teams below Dublin.

For me Dublin are at their peak now, they're evolving and getting better every year, for a while after the 2014 disaster against Donegal they were a bit spooked by massed defences and weren't that comfortable against. Those question marks were still there before the 2017 semi against Tyrone and they just blew them away. Since then they can play it anyway and are comfortable in doing so.

I think Kerry could get massacred in the final, a lot of those guys are young and inexperienced and won't have played Dublin in a Championship game at Croke Park. I would say half of the side that started v Tryone have not done so and I think they will be in for a rude awakening. While Dublin are getting better, none of the other challengers currently are near the level of Mayo 3/4 years back.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Angelo on August 19, 2019, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 19, 2019, 10:44:37 PM

I certainly wouldn't say we're far off if not better than Mayo, Kerry, Donegal etc but what's that really? 2 bald men fighting over a fine tooth comb, reality is that the only race that really exists is the one to get beaten by Dublin in the final. The super 8s have proven that there is not a whole pile of difference between the top 6/7 teams below Dublin.

For me Dublin are at their peak now, they're evolving and getting better every year, for a while after the 2014 disaster against Donegal they were a bit spooked by massed defences and weren't that comfortable against. Those question marks were still there before the 2017 semi against Tyrone and they just blew them away. Since then they can play it anyway and are comfortable in doing so.

I think Kerry could get massacred in the final, a lot of those guys are young and inexperienced and won't have played Dublin in a Championship game at Croke Park. I would say half of the side that started v Tryone have not done so and I think they will be in for a rude awakening. While Dublin are getting better, none of the other challengers currently are near the level of Mayo 3/4 years back.

The Kerry team will not carry any of the baggage of failure against the Dubs into the final unlike Mayo and Tyrone. So, they might well hold out longer than either of the other two semi finalists in the final.