Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Branchie on August 17, 2019, 02:57:41 PM
When are we likely to hear more from Kerry on their players getting poisoned? They have the all ireland final to look forward to now but hopefully they will follow it up after the final and expose the scum for what they are.

A side with a history of failing dope tests citing being poisoned by the opposition, would that not set alarm bells ringing in your head?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

reddgnhand

Quote from: Angelo on August 17, 2019, 03:05:52 PM
When are we likely to hear more from Kerry on their players getting poisoned? They have the all ireland final to look forward to now but hopefully they will follow it up after the final and expose the scum for what they are.

A side with a history of failing dope tests citing being poisoned by the opposition, would that not set alarm bells ringing in your head?
Alarm bells?? Sure there's nothing in his head.

Armagh18

A history of failing dope tests? Catch yourself on posting shite like that about amateur players.

trueblue1234

Please don't respond to him or T_mac. Both WUM accounts. T_mac just a reincarnation of Sureyouwill and countless other accounts. Be gone soon enough with his usual wee man meltdown.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

reddgnhand

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 17, 2019, 03:39:40 PM

A history of failing dope tests? Catch yourself on posting shite like that about amateur players.

But you're fine with me and others being called scum?

BennyHarp

Sometimes when I get a little disillusioned with Tyrone after big defeats, it often makes me feel a lot better  when I see posters like this and I realise that Tyrone's recent success gets so far under people's skin that (I assume a grown man) will go to the bother of signing up under a dodgy username to anonymously throw out vitriol.  ;D  ;D Like, you have taken time out of your day to sign up to give faceless abuse to people you are never going to meet.  ;D The world is full of some very weird people.
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Nobody on this board should have to put up with the juvenile abuse as dished out by those two, in particular.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Branchie

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 17, 2019, 04:24:10 PM

Sometimes when I get a little disillusioned with Tyrone after big defeats, it often makes me feel a lot better  when I see posters like this and I realise that Tyrone's recent success gets so far under people's skin that (I assume a grown man) will go to the bother of signing up under a dodgy username to anonymously throw out vitriol.  ;D  ;D Like, you have taken time out of your day to sign up to give faceless abuse to people you are never going to meet.  ;D The world is full of some very weird people.

Success?? What success was that exactly? Poisioning water, Sledging,  Diving when hair is touched and just been general scum on and off the field........Yeah, great success.

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 17, 2019, 11:57:57 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on August 17, 2019, 11:23:26 AM

I'm neutral, and would agree with some of the constructive criticism of Mickey Harte but to say he was lucky with a group of players doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Whereas he's not everybody's cup of tea, he obviously sets standards and gets a response from players . He's been successful with Tyrone minor's u21s and seniors and with his club. Tyrone had real talent in the early 90s winning u21s but couldn't convert it to senior success until Harte took the reins. He managed to get great people around him that were crucial to success. He has maintained Tyrone at the top table throughout his tenure, but regardless of all that , he is likely to be victim of "same voice syndrome " having being involved with Tyrone teams over 20 years, and throughout that time naturally would have made a few enemies. He'll keep Tyrone at the top table but is he the best man to find the extra 10% required for Tyrone to win Sam again? only time will tell.

That's a fair piece of analysis I'd say.

Agreed. While I do think he has gone as far as he can he has to take a lot of credit for what he has done and despite not being liked internally now I don't know that many other managers could get them much further. I would still have them top three and they will never beat current Dublin with current squad so whoever took them over could not improve too much. Although they might play more attacking football however this will lose them a lot more scores so need to be careful what is wished for.

Sunday he did get a few things wrong mind you but over the years he has got much more right than wrong.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Branchie on August 17, 2019, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 17, 2019, 04:24:10 PM

Success?? What success was that exactly? Poisioning water, Sledging,  Diving when hair is touched and just been general scum on and off the field........Yeah, great success.

😂😂
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Never considering it didn't happen

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Angelo on August 17, 2019, 09:48:19 AM
There were many decisions in that game that should be deeply concerning for the GAA and GAA fans. You could not credit it to a bad day at the office for Deegan, it was the willful way he ignored blatant fouling and cynicism on one hand and engaged in pure guesswork to punish innocuous contact on the other hand, all to the beneficiary of one side. The bias was not subtle, it was not hidden and there's barely been a peep about it - I've seen far better, much fairer refereeing performances been the subject of scrutiny and criticism in the past in games where it had less influence on the result.

There seems to be an element trying to hush the serious issues and grievances with Deegan. The conduct of Kerry, their players, management and ex players is regularly expunged fairly quickly in the media but with Tyrone they still bring up acts from 15 years ago. You will have the usual idiot savants like dublin7 and those regularly listing unsubstantiated claims against Tyrone but he won't look at his own county in the same light.

I'd just like a level playing field for all but it doesn't seem Tyrone will ever get that and you can guarantee if Armagh or Derry ever came back to the top table and stuck about they would soon understand. Some people from Armagh must have particularly short memories.

You are 100% correct about Deegan.  Tyrone were not the only Ulster side to come out the wrong side in the second half of a game - think back to Castlebar and Armagh Mayo game. He denied Armagh a chance to come back with his timekeeping.  At least Tyrone got 7 minutes to try to turn it around.

The problem arises when your team is beaten and you try to raise issues about the referee, it smells like sour grapes.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 17, 2019, 07:47:05 PM
There were many decisions in that game that should be deeply concerning for the GAA and GAA fans. You could not credit it to a bad day at the office for Deegan, it was the willful way he ignored blatant fouling and cynicism on one hand and engaged in pure guesswork to punish innocuous contact on the other hand, all to the beneficiary of one side. The bias was not subtle, it was not hidden and there's barely been a peep about it - I've seen far better, much fairer refereeing performances been the subject of scrutiny and criticism in the past in games where it had less influence on the result.

There seems to be an element trying to hush the serious issues and grievances with Deegan. The conduct of Kerry, their players, management and ex players is regularly expunged fairly quickly in the media but with Tyrone they still bring up acts from 15 years ago. You will have the usual idiot savants like dublin7 and those regularly listing unsubstantiated claims against Tyrone but he won't look at his own county in the same light.

I'd just like a level playing field for all but it doesn't seem Tyrone will ever get that and you can guarantee if Armagh or Derry ever came back to the top table and stuck about they would soon understand. Some people from Armagh must have particularly short memories.

You are 100% correct about Deegan.  Tyrone were not the only Ulster side to come out the wrong side in the second half of a game - think back to Castlebar and Armagh Mayo game. He denied Armagh a chance to come back with his timekeeping.  At least Tyrone got 7 minutes to try to turn it around.

The problem arises when your team is beaten and you try to raise issues about the referee, it smells like sour grapes.

Personally I was more annoyed about Tyrone's performance than Deegan's.

Angelo

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 17, 2019, 07:47:05 PM

Tyrone may have got 7 minutes but the ball was only in play for about 3 of those. I think it was a minute and a half alone from O'Brien hauling McAliskey down and the ball being kicked out after Harte pointed the free. I was definitely expecting another minute or so of action after the last kick but it was futile anyway, we were very unlikely to fashion a goal chance and the damage had been done prior to that.

Again it's something that really needs to be looked at, some referees are very good at allowing the time be added on for delays and gamesmanship, others like Deegan aren't.

It may come across as sour grapes but we've lost plenty of games in the past number of years that have had absolutely nothing to do with referees. The role Deegan played for Kerry in this game was instrumental, you could guarantee had it been Tyrone who got those decisions and on the way to a win last Sunday, the referee's performance would have dominated the headlines after the match and for the ensuing week.

I certainly hope that's the last we'll ever see of Deegan over a Tyrone game and I hope it's the last time he'll ever get to give Kerry a helping hand over another team too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL