Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 17, 2019, 07:38:25 AM
Why don't you all get onto the Tyrone county board and call for an objection? This is a joke of a thread that is taking mayogaablog status.

I have no quibble over the result. We made too many mistakes and players shirked responsibility in the closing stage of the game.

There were many decisions in that game that should be deeply concerning for the GAA and GAA fans. You could not credit it to a bad day at the office for Deegan, it was the willful way he ignored blatant fouling and cynicism on one hand and engaged in pure guesswork to punish innocuous contact on the other hand, all to the beneficiary of one side. The bias was not subtle, it was not hidden and there's barely been a peep about it - I've seen far better, much fairer refereeing performances been the subject of scrutiny and criticism in the past in games where it had less influence on the result.

There seems to be an element trying to hush the serious issues and grievances with Deegan. The conduct of Kerry, their players, management and ex players is regularly expunged fairly quickly in the media but with Tyrone they still bring up acts from 15 years ago. You will have the usual idiot savants like dublin7 and those regularly listing unsubstantiated claims against Tyrone but he won't look at his own county in the same light.

I'd just like a level playing field for all but it doesn't seem Tyrone will ever get that and you can guarantee if Armagh or Derry ever came back to the top table and stuck about they would soon understand. Some people from Armagh must have particularly short memories.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2019, 09:13:49 AM
Can't see them winning with this group no matter who is over them. They're limited enough.

I'd have more faith this year than at this time last due to the emergence of McShane as a top class forward. We'll be there or thereabouts next year, I don't think we're an inferior team to Kerry, I think Sunday showed that. We beat ourselves near the end and Kerry needed their old reliable Agent Deegan to intervene when things weren't going well.

I think this group is more or less maxing out, but I can't see anyone topple Dublin in the next 3 years and if they do then we'll have as good a chance as anyone else.

BennyHarp

Quote from: square_ball on August 17, 2019, 09:45:32 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2019, 09:13:49 AM
Can't see them winning with this group no matter who is over them. They're limited enough.

That's the long and short of it. To paraphrase Eamon Dunphy they have a lot of good players not a lot of great players.

I think this is fair enough. We may look back and realise what a great job Harte did keeping this group of players consistently in the latter stages of the championship. I think Mickey should see out his final year. Personally i'd like to see Malachy o'Rourke come on board next year, (a little like a Steven Rochford was prepared to do in Donegal) and this would provide a smooth transition for O'Rourke to take over with maybe Peter or Dooher joining him.

Or maybe Ricey might win an AI with Fermanagh and we parachute him straight in afterwards.
That was never a square ball!!

reddgnhand

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2019, 09:20:08 AM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 17, 2019, 09:05:24 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 17, 2019, 02:23:57 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 10:34:49 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 16, 2019, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2019, 10:04:54 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:02:03 PM
;D Or nothing like it at all.

Lenny's blatherings about Tyrone are often Paisleyesque in their vitriol.

Lol, that's ironic because I always think of Tyrone people like the DUP with their extreme paranoia.

And I always think of you as Ian Paisley with toxic hatred flowing through your every word.
Why are people arguing with this poster. Life is too short go get into a debaate with the likes of this guy. He is full of nonsense and best ignored.

On a serious note, do Tyrone fans think Mickey Harte is the man to bring them All Ireland victories
To me it's obvious that his negative tactics have been found up

To answer your question dublin7 its a no from me. I believe he's a manager who was in the right place at the right time with a group of outstanding players.

Say in 2008 did you think that or has it changed of late? (genuine question- not having a go)

2008 same core group of players and in football terms thats a long time ago and he's still there. To answer your question I've always felt it was that group of players that came along at the right time and no matter who the manager was they were always going to win an AI. Remember they won a national league the year before under Art & Eugene.

Angelo

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 17, 2019, 10:19:30 AM

Lol, that's ironic because I always think of Tyrone people like the DUP with their extreme paranoia.

And I always think of you as Ian Paisley with toxic hatred flowing through your every word.
Why are people arguing with this poster. Life is too short go get into a debaate with the likes of this guy. He is full of nonsense and best ignored.

On a serious note, do Tyrone fans think Mickey Harte is the man to bring them All Ireland victories

To answer your question dublin7 its a no from me. I believe he's a manager who was in the right place at the right time with a group of outstanding players.

Say in 2008 did you think that or has it changed of late? (genuine question- not having a go)

2008 same core group of players and in football terms thats a long time ago and he's still there. To answer your question I've always felt it was that group of players that came along at the right time and no matter who the manager was they were always going to win an AI. Remember they won a national league the year before under Art & Eugene.

And got knocked out by Sligo in the AI series.

t_mac

Beyond embarrassing at this stage, Tyrone the most scummy team for two decades complaining about their players getting well marshelled. ;D

reddgnhand

Quote from: Angelo on August 17, 2019, 10:40:49 AM

And got knocked out by Sligo in the AI series.

A good Sligo team in my opinion who Armagh just about knocked out.

reddgnhand

Quote from: t_mac on August 17, 2019, 10:44:16 AM
Beyond embarrassing at this stage, Tyrone the most scummy team for two decades complaining about their players getting well marshelled. ;D

Dont know which county you are from but I could guess. It must be hard being so angry all the time.

Branchie

Well said, absolute scum and an embarrassment to the gaa establishment.

6th sam

I'm neutral, and would agree with some of the constructive criticism of Mickey Harte but to say he was lucky with a group of players doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Whereas he's not everybody's cup of tea, he obviously sets standards and gets a response from players . He's been successful with Tyrone minor's u21s and seniors and with his club. Tyrone had real talent in the early 90s winning u21s but couldn't convert it to senior success until Harte took the reins. He managed to get great people around him that were crucial to success. He has maintained Tyrone at the top table throughout his tenure, but regardless of all that , he is likely to be victim of "same voice syndrome " having being involved with Tyrone teams over 20 years, and throughout that time naturally would have made a few enemies. He'll keep Tyrone at the top table but is he the best man to find the extra 10% required for Tyrone to win Sam again? only time will tell.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: 6th sam on August 17, 2019, 11:23:26 AM

I'm neutral, and would agree with some of the constructive criticism of Mickey Harte but to say he was lucky with a group of players doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Whereas he's not everybody's cup of tea, he obviously sets standards and gets a response from players . He's been successful with Tyrone minor's u21s and seniors and with his club. Tyrone had real talent in the early 90s winning u21s but couldn't convert it to senior success until Harte took the reins. He managed to get great people around him that were crucial to success. He has maintained Tyrone at the top table throughout his tenure, but regardless of all that , he is likely to be victim of "same voice syndrome " having being involved with Tyrone teams over 20 years, and throughout that time naturally would have made a few enemies. He'll keep Tyrone at the top table but is he the best man to find the extra 10% required for Tyrone to win Sam again? only time will tell.

That's a fair piece of analysis I'd say.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

reddgnhand

Minors, U21's with the same group of players. He was minor manager from 91 I think and had 1 Ulster title before that group came along.

Angelo

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 17, 2019, 11:02:55 AM

Dont know which county you are from but I could guess. It must be hard being so angry all the time.

A decent side but they never really darkened an All Ireland semi final spot after that season. A year later Tyrone were All Ireland Champions under Mickey Harte.

trailer

All Ireland's lost in 07 and poss 06 or 09. 07 in particular. Harte picked a bogey side v Meath and got the result his arrogance deserved. That group were always going to win All Ireland's. Mickey decided how many. In my view definitely one short, if no more.

At this stage you would think those close to him would step in and tell him enough is enough. But then he didn't do that in the 80s with Ballygawley.

Branchie

When are we likely to hear more from Kerry on their players getting poisoned? They have the all ireland final to look forward to now but hopefully they will follow it up after the final and expose the scum for what they are.