Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Where have I ignored it? I don't agree it was a 6 point swing - that is all.

tyrone08

This is completely pointless now. Match is over. Tyrone will continue to fail when presented with a challenge and deegan will continue to award soft free against tyrone. Leave it at that.

I do hope however that everyone defending deegan is as forgiving when their team get on the wrong end of bad ref calls. But somehow I doubt it

blanketattack

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 11:50:48 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 16, 2019, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 10:38:37 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:35:37 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 09:46:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 09:41:43 AM
They weren't relying on the referee though. Yes they got some frees they shouldn't. They didn't rely on the referee to get them the goal, Cliffords points from play, Geaney's points from play etc etc. Honestly the more you read of this thread the more you'd think Deegan should just have kicked them over the bar himself!

They were. At 12-10 in the 52nd minute Kerry had hit only 4 points from play,  from the frees they scored 4 of them were non frees and one of them even came from the ref incorrectly blowing up play when Tyrone had the ball and booking Sludden.

He was instrumental in dragging Kerry back into the game.

They did rely on him for the goal as Geaney clearly overplayed the ball and it should have been blown for a free out.

Jesus we've got a new misdemeanor in overcarrying now as well for the goal!! Barely a ref out there gives overcarrying!!

Kerry weren't by far the better team but they were better and there wasn't a 5 to 6 point swing from the ref that is stated by blinkered on here. Bear in mind I wanted Tyrone to win and I'm saying this!

There was at least a 6 point swing with the referee. If you can't see that then it turns out you're the blinkered one.

Bloody hell!, I haven't heard so much talk about a swing since Maria Bailey fell off one in a hotel in Dublin, and her case held a lot more water than yours!
All the neutrals are saying Kerry deserved to win. Do you think everyone else is wrong and you're right?
You're obsessing with Deegan and frees, but even just counting scores from play, Kerry still win.

There's no doubt Kerry kicked on and won it from the 55th minute. The only reason they were still in the game at that point was Maurice Deegan.

As for all the neutrals, think again - those that aren't duped by the Kerry media propaganda machine will quite right call Maurice Deegan's intervention for what it was. A referee intent of wrestling the control of the result our of the players on the pitch.

You're determined to have the last word aren't you? We'll let you have that victory.  8)

But really you should build a bridge and get over it. It's bad for your mental health and your stomach acid to hold onto such bitterness.

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 16, 2019, 12:43:21 PM
This is completely pointless now. Match is over. Tyrone will continue to fail when presented with a challenge and deegan will continue to award soft free against tyrone. Leave it at that.

I do hope however that everyone defending deegan is as forgiving when their team get on the wrong end of bad ref calls. But somehow I doubt it

Not defending him but pointing out it is being grossly over exaggerated the influence he had in this game.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 10:33:31 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on August 16, 2019, 10:23:51 AM
After his handling of the Mayo v Armagh game I was surprised Deegan got an All Ireland semi final. I also got my money on Kerry once he was appointed.

Still Kerry were by far the better team and deserved to win. Once the pressure came on Tyrone capitulated. For me it is because they are not good enough. They have too many very average players. Their superior fitness together with their horrible game plan are enough to beat other average teams but struggles badly against decent ones.

How were they by far the better team when for over 50 minutes of the game they needed a referee to keep them in it. In 52 minutes of play they hit 4 points from play.

So you are saying Tyrone indiscipline the issue, fair enough.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Estimator on August 16, 2019, 11:36:55 AM
Between half time and the O'Briens goal.
The scores were as follows*
(Taken from MoysPhillyMc)

Half Time:
Kerry 0-05 Tyrone 0-09
Kerry 0-06 Tyrone 0-09 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-07 Tyrone 0-09 - Geaney from play
Kerry 0-07 Tyrone 0-10 - McShane free
Kerry 0-08 Tyrone 0-10 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-08 Tyrone 0-11 - McShane free
Kerry 0-09 Tyrone 0-11 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-09 Tyrone 0-11 - Tyrone missed free
Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-11 - Sherwood from play
Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-12 - McAliskey from play
Kerry 0-11 Tyrone 0-12 - Moran from play
Kerry 0-12 Tyrone 0-12 - Clifford from play

Looks fairly balanced to me. Kerry scored the 3 frees they were awarded. Tyrone scored two and missed one of the frees they were awarded.  ;)

10 minute period where that game was won and lost.

Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-12 on 53 minutes to Kerry 1-15 Tyrone 0-13 on 63 minutes.

1-18 for Kerry playing well for one half. A far cry from holding Kerry to just 0-14 in the All Ireland final 11 years ago.

Milltown Row2

I'm sure there is a video link to all these frees. To end the argument put them up and stick a poll up to say a free or no free.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2019, 07:24:57 PM
I'm sure there is a video link to all these frees. To end the argument put them up and stick a poll up to say a free or no free.

There's really only 3 decisions tyrone could quibble about. Geaney got a very soft free, mcshane probably should have got a free once and also the ref should've given tyrone possession instead of a hop ball after stopping the play for a head injury. Tyrone seemed to get a couple of soft frees themselves so complaining is just sour grapes but in fairness that's the culture of the gaa.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on August 16, 2019, 09:40:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2019, 07:24:57 PM

There's really only 3 decisions tyrone could quibble about. Geaney got a very soft free, mcshane probably should have got a free once and also the ref should've given tyrone possession instead of a hop ball after stopping the play for a head injury. Tyrone seemed to get a couple of soft frees themselves so complaining is just sour grapes but in fairness that's the culture of the gaa.

Like Ian Paisley saying that the nationalist community had little to quibble about during the troubles.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyHarp

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:02:03 PM
;D Or nothing like it at all.

Lenny's blatherings about Tyrone are often Paisleyesque in their vitriol.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2019, 10:04:54 PM

Lol, that's ironic because I always think of Tyrone people like the DUP with their extreme paranoia.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on August 16, 2019, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2019, 10:04:54 PM

Lol, that's ironic because I always think of Tyrone people like the DUP with their extreme paranoia.

And I always think of you as Ian Paisley with toxic hatred flowing through your every word.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

I watched the match, I haven't watched it back, but I can't remember a point where I thought this ref is taking the piss..

What I did noticed was Tyrone failed to pull away when they had their dominance. Kerry made the right changes and Mickey didn't act on them.

Best team won, they generally do without needing assistance from the ref. Close this thread, it's embarrassing to be honest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

In hiding

Five days later and we are still complaining about a few refereeing decisions.
This has now gone past embarrassing