Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 09:46:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 09:41:43 AM
They weren't relying on the referee though. Yes they got some frees they shouldn't. They didn't rely on the referee to get them the goal, Cliffords points from play, Geaney's points from play etc etc. Honestly the more you read of this thread the more you'd think Deegan should just have kicked them over the bar himself!

They were. At 12-10 in the 52nd minute Kerry had hit only 4 points from play,  from the frees they scored 4 of them were non frees and one of them even came from the ref incorrectly blowing up play when Tyrone had the ball and booking Sludden.

He was instrumental in dragging Kerry back into the game.

They did rely on him for the goal as Geaney clearly overplayed the ball and it should have been blown for a free out.

Jesus we've got a new misdemeanor in overcarrying now as well for the goal!! Barely a ref out there gives overcarrying!!

Kerry weren't by far the better team but they were better and there wasn't a 5 to 6 point swing from the ref that is stated by blinkered on here. Bear in mind I wanted Tyrone to win and I'm saying this!

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:35:37 AM
They weren't relying on the referee though. Yes they got some frees they shouldn't. They didn't rely on the referee to get them the goal, Cliffords points from play, Geaney's points from play etc etc. Honestly the more you read of this thread the more you'd think Deegan should just have kicked them over the bar himself!

They were. At 12-10 in the 52nd minute Kerry had hit only 4 points from play,  from the frees they scored 4 of them were non frees and one of them even came from the ref incorrectly blowing up play when Tyrone had the ball and booking Sludden.

They did rely on him for the goal as Geaney clearly overplayed the ball and it should have been blown for a free out.

Jesus we've got a new misdemeanor in overcarrying now as well for the goal!! Barely a ref out there gives overcarrying!!

Kerry weren't by far the better team but they were better and there wasn't a 5 to 6 point swing from the ref that is stated by blinkered on here. Bear in mind I wanted Tyrone to win and I'm saying this!

There was at least a 6 point swing with the referee. If you can't see that then it turns out you're the blinkered one.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

There wasn't a 6 point swing. (Oh sorry am I blinkered - good way to try and shut an argument down lol)

If it was as bad as you say it is then you should be starting a campaign to have the match replayed!

Listening to you it sounds like the worst refereeing performance in history. Mayo against Kerry in Limerick in whatever year was a much bigger shafting than this.(I don't know who that was and may have been Deegan lol)

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 10:43:06 AM
There wasn't a 6 point swing. (Oh sorry am I blinkered - good way to try and shut an argument down lol)

If it was as bad as you say it is then you should be starting a campaign to have the match replayed!

Listening to you it sounds like the worst refereeing performance in history. Mayo against Kerry in Limerick in whatever year was a much bigger shafting than this.(I don't know who that was and may have been Deegan lol)

It was as biased as you will find. The major incidents alone are at least a 6 point swing and that's not even taking into account Deegan wilfully ignoring the persistent fouling on Peter Harte yet he's able to blow free outs 60 yards away for Kerry when there's innocuous contact.

It's up there with Deegan against us in 2015 and Conor Lane against Derry in a qualifier match in Salthill a few years back as the most biased you would see.

Can you name a worse one?

blanketattack

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 10:38:37 AM

There was at least a 6 point swing with the referee. If you can't see that then it turns out you're the blinkered one.

Bloody hell!, I haven't heard so much talk about a swing since Maria Bailey fell off one in a hotel in Dublin, and her case held a lot more water than yours!
All the neutrals are saying Kerry deserved to win. Do you think everyone else is wrong and you're right?
You're obsessing with Deegan and frees, but even just counting scores from play, Kerry still win.

Estimator

Between half time and the O'Briens goal.
The scores were as follows*
(Taken from MoysPhillyMc)

Half Time:
Kerry 0-05 Tyrone 0-09
Kerry 0-06 Tyrone 0-09 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-07 Tyrone 0-09 - Geaney from play
Kerry 0-07 Tyrone 0-10 - McShane free
Kerry 0-08 Tyrone 0-10 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-08 Tyrone 0-11 - McShane free
Kerry 0-09 Tyrone 0-11 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-09 Tyrone 0-11 - Tyrone missed free
Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-11 - Sherwood from play
Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-12 - McAliskey from play
Kerry 0-11 Tyrone 0-12 - Moran from play
Kerry 0-12 Tyrone 0-12 - Clifford from play

Looks fairly balanced to me. Kerry scored the 3 frees they were awarded. Tyrone scored two and missed one of the frees they were awarded.  ;)
Ulster League Champions 2009

Angelo

Quote from: blanketattack on August 16, 2019, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 10:38:37 AM

Bloody hell!, I haven't heard so much talk about a swing since Maria Bailey fell off one in a hotel in Dublin, and her case held a lot more water than yours!
All the neutrals are saying Kerry deserved to win. Do you think everyone else is wrong and you're right?
You're obsessing with Deegan and frees, but even just counting scores from play, Kerry still win.

There's no doubt Kerry kicked on and won it from the 55th minute. The only reason they were still in the game at that point was Maurice Deegan.

As for all the neutrals, think again - those that aren't duped by the Kerry media propaganda machine will quite right call Maurice Deegan's intervention for what it was. A referee intent of wrestling the control of the result our of the players on the pitch.

tonto1888

Quote from: Estimator on August 16, 2019, 11:36:55 AM
Between half time and the O'Briens goal.
The scores were as follows*
(Taken from MoysPhillyMc)

Half Time:
Kerry 0-05 Tyrone 0-09
Kerry 0-06 Tyrone 0-09 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-07 Tyrone 0-09 - Geaney from play
Kerry 0-07 Tyrone 0-10 - McShane free
Kerry 0-08 Tyrone 0-10 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-08 Tyrone 0-11 - McShane free
Kerry 0-09 Tyrone 0-11 - O'Shea free
Kerry 0-09 Tyrone 0-11 - Tyrone missed free
Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-11 - Sherwood from play
Kerry 0-10 Tyrone 0-12 - McAliskey from play
Kerry 0-11 Tyrone 0-12 - Moran from play
Kerry 0-12 Tyrone 0-12 - Clifford from play

Looks fairly balanced to me. Kerry scored the 3 frees they were awarded. Tyrone scored two and missed one of the frees they were awarded.  ;)

But don't you know then Kerry frees weren't frees and Deegan is a disgrace

imtommygunn

What if you don't read their articles or listen to them? Then have you been sucked in by the thing you have no visibility of?

The only reason lol.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 11:53:11 AM
What if you don't read their articles or listen to them? Then have you been sucked in by the thing you have no visibility of?

The only reason lol.

Must be subconscious in your case.

imtommygunn

;D

I don't really like the Kerry team so why would it be?

Or does it just not fit with your rants so obviously I am biased?

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 12:03:28 PM
;D

I don't really like the Kerry team so why would it be?

Or does it just not fit with your rants so obviously I am biased?

I would say you're being disingenuous in your stated impartiality, certainly comes across that way.

imtommygunn

I would say that's a weak argument to try and dismiss someone who doesn't fully agree with you. It is hardly objective facts you are telling us here lol.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 12:16:30 PM
I would say that's a weak argument to try and dismiss someone who doesn't fully agree with you. It is hardly objective facts you are telling us here lol.

It's the only sense I can make when you are ignoring what happened on Sunday.