Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 08:13:31 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 07:53:15 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 11, 2019, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2019, 07:51:11 PM
I'd try not to let it worry ye.

It doesn't. You must be exhausted logging in and out replying to yourself.

If it doesn't worry you why have you been banging on about it

You seem to bang on about a wide range of issues here, I assume none really bother you.

Haha. Touché

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyCake on August 11, 2019, 05:27:24 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 11, 2019, 05:23:00 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 11, 2019, 05:20:11 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 11, 2019, 05:16:53 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 11, 2019, 05:15:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2019, 05:14:24 PM
We can't beat a good team.

Or indeed, an average one.

Were does that leave armagh?

It wasn't a snide comment. Merely an observation. Kerry are average.

Neither was mine... genuine question???

We are further back in our development. That is obvious. I know that, so do you. But I don't see how that is relevant to the original point.

Well according to your criteria it would mean that armagh are well below average but it seems not to be based on statistics as your calling at least 1 of the top 4 teams out of 32 average.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 06, 2019, 11:54:36 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 06, 2019, 10:38:23 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 09:20:31 AM
I'd probably be looking along the lines of Hampsey picking up Sean O'Shea, McNamee on Clifford, HP on Geaney and Meyler on O'Brien.

That has early yellow/black card all over it. Let's hope for McNamee sake he has one of those games this weekend. If not Clifford will destroy him.

McNamee has arguably been the best defender in the country to this point. He has seen off the likes of McBrearty, Cox and Hurley well at this point. Clifford is a tough assignment for any defender but McMenamin dealt with very well for Donegal at Croke Park. Who would you suggest?

Rory Brennan probably has the best profile, doesn't tend to get involved in the niggle McNamee does either concentrating on the task at hand. McNamee superior physicality probably best served marking Geaney who could overpower Brennan.

Just my opinion on the match ups. We'll see what Harte does.

That said, McNamee best defender in country to this point? Absolutely no.

Cleaned by Tommy Walsh.

That's the end of that.

Rossfan

So it seems Kerry didn't win the game just a case if the Ref beating Tyrone  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oakleafgael

Proverbial game of two halves. Couldn't believe the decision to take Niall Sludden off. He was motoring well. All you ask of a referee is that he doesn't unduly influence the result, unfortunately that wasn't the case today. It seems to be acceptable to mark Peter Harte by bear hugging him for 70 minutes. Kerry subs made a world of difference.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
So it seems Kerry didn't win the game just a case if the Ref beating Tyrone  ::)

They made some good changes at half time but I can't see how a neutral observer wouldn't notice the influence of the referee.

Fear ón Srath Bán

We lost that game today due to unforced errors, which are simply unacceptable at this level, if we have serious designs on the bigger prizes. You cannot gift the opposition possession, simple as.

The Ref was poor, very poor, but not the ultimate difference in the end.

Ciarraí, alas, will probably not provide stiff enough opposition to the Dubs in the Final, though stranger things have happened, but the Dubs won't make the same unbidden mistakes as we did, not a chance.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Whishtup

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 10, 2019, 02:08:56 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 10, 2019, 09:10:24 AM
If Deegan does act the ballix and we win, it will be good practise for the final.  I still maintain that niaivity cost us the final last year. When 5-6 points up Col Cav was remonstrating with the ref about a (Dublin trademark) 3rd man crossing type obstruction that prevented him from making a tackle in the lead up to a point.  I think the Dubs got another point when he was still out of position.  Shortly after, you had 3 of our lads disputing a Dublin mark when the Dubs were up the field scoring a goal.  This is the part of this team's psyche that will lose them the big games if it isn't addressed.  Need to stay focussed for every second no matter what the other team or the ref do.

Very true, we need to keep that imperturbable focus and discipline, regardless of what else is going on, with the ref and otherwise.
Feck it.  Sludden fell into the trap and then we imploded after the other free Kerry points. I suppose keeping the head is easier said than done when you are faced with the smiling assassin!

The lack of ruthlessness in the first half, I.e. lash in a few goals, cost us.  Think the team underestimated Kerry with one eye on the final.  Good luck Kerry-hope your forwards shine on the big day.  For Tyrone, keep funnelling through the u21's and we'll be up there every year, you can't ask for more than that under the current setup. 

Jell 0 Biafra

Not the only factor, but the ref definitely a major factor today.  Kept Kerry in the game first half and early second half with some very soft frees.  Don't think many were technically not frees, but he didn't apply the same stringency for both sides.

J70

Quote from: Whishtup on August 11, 2019, 10:55:45 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 10, 2019, 02:08:56 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 10, 2019, 09:10:24 AM
If Deegan does act the ballix and we win, it will be good practise for the final.  I still maintain that niaivity cost us the final last year. When 5-6 points up Col Cav was remonstrating with the ref about a (Dublin trademark) 3rd man crossing type obstruction that prevented him from making a tackle in the lead up to a point.  I think the Dubs got another point when he was still out of position.  Shortly after, you had 3 of our lads disputing a Dublin mark when the Dubs were up the field scoring a goal.  This is the part of this team's psyche that will lose them the big games if it isn't addressed.  Need to stay focussed for every second no matter what the other team or the ref do.

Very true, we need to keep that imperturbable focus and discipline, regardless of what else is going on, with the ref and otherwise.
Feck it.  Sludden fell into the trap and then we imploded after the other free Kerry points. I suppose keeping the head is easier said than done when you are faced with the smiling assassin!

The lack of ruthlessness in the first half, I.e. lash in a few goals, cost us.  Think the team underestimated Kerry with one eye on the final.  Good luck Kerry-hope your forwards shine on the big day.  For Tyrone, keep funnelling through the u21's and we'll be up there every year, you can't ask for more than that under the current setup.

Why on earth would Tyrone underestimate Kerry or have one eye on the final?

What have Tyrone done to justify such an attitude, assuming complacency was a factor?

imtommygunn

Why would they underestimate Kerry? Ridiculous comment...

BennyHarp

My over riding feeling after the game is one of frustration. Yes the ref rode us during the crucial period after half time and he consistently failed to protect Peter Harte from getting dogs abuse but we failed to kill the game when we had the chances. Why oh why would we spend 5 or 6 minutes at the end of the first half hand passing the ball amongst ourselves 21 yards from our own goal when Kerry's defence are all over the place and we dominating. Kerry mustn't have believed their luck. I never want to hear the phrase "game management" again. This wasn't game management, this was plain and simply letting Kerry off the hook. Tyrone may have wanted to avoid conceding a goal before half time but ffs just go and win the game, another two or three points or maybe even a goal at that stage would have killed the game and the refs soft frees wouldn't have been an issue. We are far too conservative in our approach and it is costing us big games.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 12, 2019, 07:55:56 AM
My over riding feeling after the game is one of frustration. Yes the ref rode us during the crucial period after half time and he consistently failed to protect Peter Harte from getting dogs abuse but we failed to kill the game when we had the chances. Why oh why would we spend 5 or 6 minutes at the end of the first half hand passing the ball amongst ourselves 21 yards from our own goal when Kerry's defence are all over the place and we dominating. Kerry mustn't have believed their luck. I never want to hear the phrase "game management" again. This wasn't game management, this was plain and simply letting Kerry off the hook. Tyrone may have wanted to avoid conceding a goal before half time but ffs just go and win the game, another two or three points or maybe even a goal at that stage would have killed the game and the refs soft frees wouldn't have been an issue. We are far too conservative in our approach and it is costing us big games.
conservative Catholic manager equals conservative team. Most Tyrone people have figured this out years ago.

Hereiam

I was screaming at the TV when they started this carry on..... go and put the ball over the bar.
Taking Sludden off was a strange one, he was going well while Petey Harte was being marked outa it.

Rossfan

the ref ....... consistently failed to protect Peter Harte from getting dogs abuse
Conor Cox's ribs and every part of Enda Smith will have wry smiles at that
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM