Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 29, 2020, 03:09:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 29, 2020, 03:04:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 29, 2020, 03:01:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 29, 2020, 02:42:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2020, 02:34:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 29, 2020, 01:04:16 PM
So Trump may win because of Chicago and an isolated spike in violence in parts of NYC?

Are you not confirming Main Street's point whitey?

Also are the Democrats not the party of gun control? Surely it's the President/Republican Party's fault that these guns are still out there killing people?

ILLEGAL guns are killing people

Gun control is off the docket for the 2020 election thanks to the Democrats

The GOP are bought and paid for by the NRA, gun control has been off the table for years, but its all the Dems fault, as usual with you! ;D

Letting mobs run unchecked through middle class neighborhoods is not a winning strategy IMHO

Private individuals having to use legally held firearms to protect themselves and their properties from mobs of looters and hooligans and crickets from the Democrats

Is this another Boston-area single event anecdote?

Believe what you want

What did you think of the mob pelting the NYPD with bottles over the weekend when they were responding to a shooting?

Gmac

So Trump may win because of Chicago and an isolated spike in violence in parts of NYC?

Also are the Democrats not the party of gun control? Surely it's the President/Republican Party's fault that these guns are still out there killing people?

The GOP are bought and paid for by the NRA, gun control has been off the table for years, but its all the Dems fault, as usual with you! ;D
how much do you think they have donated to republicans or how much have they spent on lobbying this year ? Less than 2 million
The gun store close by me has been the busiest store for the last 3 months here in the liberal Bay Area but I guess it's all right wing nuts buying them . People don't like mobs running wild or talk of defunding police .

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 29, 2020, 05:41:47 AM
Just in case anyone needs to hear this:

Indeed as I mentioned recently:

Quote from: sid waddell on June 11, 2020, 01:21:33 AM

The phrase "black on black crime" is very intriguing.

It's almost like it's been designed by white people for the explicit purpose of portraying blackness as being inherently criminal and degenerate.

We don't ever hear about "white crime" in the US (or anywhere), only "black crime".

I wonder why that is.*

Having white people focus on minority ethnicity and/ or religion as an essential component or explanation of crime is something that many, perhaps most ethnic minority communities experience worldwide. British Muslims experience it. Irish Catholics experienced it. Travellers experience it in Ireland.

But white people never experience their skin colour being trotted out as an explantion for crime. Whiteness is never referred to as an essential component or explanation of crime.

*I don't actually wonder why that is.

sid waddell

And the NRA are bought and paid for by the Russians.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 29, 2020, 03:57:35 PM

Indeed as I mentioned recently:

Quote from: sid waddell on June 11, 2020, 01:21:33 AM

The phrase "black on black crime" is very intriguing.

It's almost like it's been designed by white people for the explicit purpose of portraying blackness as being inherently criminal and degenerate.

We don't ever hear about "white crime" in the US (or anywhere), only "black crime".

I wonder why that is.*

Having white people focus on minority ethnicity and/ or religion as an essential component or explanation of crime is something that many, perhaps most ethnic minority communities experience worldwide. British Muslims experience it. Irish Catholics experienced it. Travellers experience it in Ireland.

But white people never experience their skin colour being trotted out as an explantion for crime. Whiteness is never referred to as an essential component or explanation of crime.

*I don't actually wonder why that is.

Lies, damn lies and statistics

https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/08/10/african-american-homicide-rate-nearly-quadruple-national-average-11680

Unfortunately the homicide rate for African Americans is almost quadruple that of the overall population

Comparing "number" of murders by race is completely pointless, because 60% of the population is white whereas 13% of the population is black. It must be looked at in a pro rata basis

But, believe whatever you want

johnnycool

so white people have more to fear from other white people than blacks?

whitey

Quote from: johnnycool on June 29, 2020, 04:37:08 PM

so white people have more to fear from other white people than blacks?

What he put up is nonsense

Read this:

https://www.law.com/ctlawtribune/2020/01/03/on-covering-murder-and-race-the-media-must-do-better/

. "According to the FBI SHR data, in 2016 there were 7,756 black homicide victims in the United States. The homicide rate among black victims in the United States was 20.44 per 100,000. For that year, the overall national homicide rate was 5.10 per 100,000. For white people, the national homicide rate was 2.96 per 100,000. This means that the rate for white people is less than 15% of that for black people."

sid waddell

There follows a translation of all whitey's posts: "I hate blacks."

Denn Forever

Would it help if all black men joined the NRA and prominently displayed their NRA sticker on their car or rucksack?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 29, 2020, 05:00:53 PM

Facts are facts, but your response should encourage any Trump supporters out there

The "Disagree with us and you're a racist" line is getting kinda boring at this point

whitey

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 29, 2020, 05:10:58 PM
Would it help if all black men joined the NRA and prominently displayed their NRA sticker on their car or rucksack?

Not sure what exactly it would "help"

When a cop tells you to do something over here it's not a suggestion like it is in Ireland

Disobeying a legal order from a law enforcement officer (I believe) is actually considered breaking the law in and of itself.

I know someone....very white,very  well connected and very Republican who got into a tangle with a cop over a noise complaint at her 50th birthday party.  Cop came by 3 times and told her to turn the music  down and she refused. Cop went to but the handcuffs on her and she resisted and kicked a female police officer (who had fallen to the ground in the ensuing scuffle) in the face. She got pepper sprayed and tazed twice in spite of who she was ( A person of color might only have gotten the first warning.....that's where the disparities in policing would come in)

Maiden1

There is clearly deep generational inequalities within black communities but the causation of greater poverty in black communities, leading to more crime, leading to higher homicide rates is also true.

To me the biggest issue for black communities is the generational catch 22 cycle of people from very poor neighbourhoods having to work 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs to keep a roof over their head and not being able to afford to get their children into a good college and therefore perpetuate the cycle of poverty which has to be somehow addressed.

At the minute Universities giving a couple of scholarship 'how can I be racist I have a black friend' is fairly meaningless to most.  I hope this movement opens up a more general discussion on what can be done to start to address this and other poverty traps and doesn't fizzle out in a few weeks time when a black square is not as fashionable.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Gmac

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 29, 2020, 05:10:58 PM
help with what ?

sid waddell

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 29, 2020, 07:25:05 PM
There is clearly deep generational inequalities within black communities but the causation of greater poverty in black communities, leading to more crime, leading to higher homicide rates is also true.

To me the biggest issue for black communities is the generational catch 22 cycle of people from very poor neighbourhoods having to work 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs to keep a roof over their head and not being able to afford to get their children into a good college and therefore perpetuate the cycle of poverty which has to be somehow addressed.

At the minute Universities giving a couple of scholarship 'how can I be racist I have a black friend' is fairly meaningless to most.  I hope this movement opens up a more general discussion on what can be done to start to address this and other poverty traps and doesn't fizzle out in a few weeks time when a black square is not as fashionable.
Right-wing politics is an agent of racial inequality and class inequality.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on June 29, 2020, 05:57:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 29, 2020, 05:00:53 PM

Facts are facts, but your response should encourage any Trump supporters out there

The "Disagree with us and you're a racist" line is getting kinda boring at this point
Your consistent racism is much more boring.