David Clifford to surpass the Gooch?

Started by CumminsCiderLarry, June 03, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
Love the crowd reactions in the background as well.

All 6 Kerry supporters. They don't deserve Clifford.
#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2018, 04:50:46 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
Love the crowd reactions in the background as well.

All 6 Kerry supporters. They don't deserve Clifford.

There was a healthy enough sprinkling of Kerry people there in fairness...

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 23, 2018, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 03:07:44 PM
You need two things to be a successful target man in gaelic football.
Big hands and a big arse.

Absolutely!!!!  As someone who played it for years I certainly had the latter...and still do🤣

But your big head makes you well balanced.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on July 23, 2018, 07:35:49 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 23, 2018, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 03:07:44 PM
You need two things to be a successful target man in gaelic football.
Big hands and a big arse.

Absolutely!!!!  As someone who played it for years I certainly had the latter...and still do🤣

But your big head makes you well balanced.  :D

Piss off ye cheeky fecker  ;D

JimStynes

2-6 yesterday again. What a player Clifford is. Best young player I've ever seen and if he stays injury free god knows how good he will end up.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

yellowcard

I wonder does he regret not taking up an AFL contract now. Different class of a player and has actually lived up to the hype.

Wildweasel74

He will win an all-Ireland, and Kerry have a good team coming though they are about 3yrs away! I its the older hands who don't seem up to it at the minute! I they have problems in both lines of defence and midfield! I Geaney and O Donghue hardly lead the line this year!

JimStynes

He's too slow for Aussie rules I think. He will win plenty of senior All Ireland's and i would say he could end up being the first pro Gaelic footballer. Made the right call to stay here imo.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2018, 07:18:32 PM
He's too slow for Aussie rules I think. He will win plenty of senior All Ireland's and i would say he could end up being the first pro Gaelic footballer. Made the right call to stay here imo.

Is he moving up to Dublin?

omaghjoe

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2018, 07:18:32 PM

??? Huh ?

Don't even know where to start with that one

JimStynes

I mean I don't think he will end up working for the Bank or doing a 9-5 job. He will effectively be a full time Gaelic footballer. I think Jason Sherlock was the closest I can remember to being a GAA star in Ireland. There have been others who have taken the odd year out to concentrate on GAA but I think Clifford could end up being the first proper GAA star in Ireland.

Beffs

Quote from: JimStynes on August 07, 2018, 09:29:58 PM
I mean I don't think he will end up working for the Bank or doing a 9-5 job. He will effectively be a full time Gaelic footballer. I think Jason Sherlock was the closest I can remember to being a GAA star in Ireland. There have been others who have taken the odd year out to concentrate on GAA but I think Clifford could end up being the first proper GAA star in Ireland.

The first proper GAA star?

What about Joe Canning, Bernard Brogan, Aidan O'Shea etc etc.

What are they, milkmen?  ???

RedHand88

Didn't Donaghy take a year out from work to focus on football? Paid for by whoever his employer was?

Beffs

Yes and no. A few of the former Ulster Bank employees who took a redundancy offer, got a daycint lump sum payment. They lived off that during their year(s) off focusing on their GAA "career". Darren O'Sullivan & Karl Lacey did similar. Am going purely on interviews the players themselves gave & not any insider knowledge.