Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Second half was embarrassing.. lack of effort from a few men was shocking.. Kerry had another gear if they had needed it..transition time . 3 defeats in this tears championship

reddgnhand

Quote from: harryR on July 01, 2023, 06:40:46 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 05:37:04 PM
End of the road for a few men after that.

Who you thinking?
Harte,Mattie and McNamee. In their 30's now and a lot of miles.

Jerome

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 06:56:35 PM
Quote from: harryR on July 01, 2023, 06:40:46 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 05:37:04 PM
End of the road for a few men after that.

Who you thinking?
Harte,Mattie and McNamee. In their 30's now and a lot of miles.

Sludden, Richie and possibly Morgan

Aaron Boone

It was a tanking but Tyrone have plenty of youth still coming through.

And we have an All-Ireland in recent memory.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 30, 2023, 07:51:03 PM
Feeling  very confident  we will  win this.

Shows what you know 🙄🙄

Moonshine

Truly shocking, crazy decisions along line and throw in the fact a few boys wouldn't make the kilkenny county football team. Some fall from grace for burns and mc geary look a shadow of themselves. How they watched o neill for more than 10 mins I will never know.

southtyronegael

That was a fuckin  shameful  performance. How could we be so passive against kerry of all teams. Made them  look like the harlem globetrotters.sick to the bottom of my stomach  tonight.

NotedObserver

Is the fitness up to scratch?
Our attacking play has been abysmal for 2 years
Mcgeary has returned to the team much too late in the year and miles off pace.
Meyler needs to learn how to shoot if he is continue on this side.
Michael O'Neill is not the answer. Sludden, t mccann, r Brennan must be shaking their heads
D canavan has made our season watchable

RedHand88

What was with the short kickouts? All week we talked about how our midfield was better. Obviously management disagree. The one time we went long in the first half the ball was flicked on to McGeary who albeit fluffed it but it was into  a dangerous position right from the kickout.

reddgnhand

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 01, 2023, 09:34:41 PM
Michael O'Neill is not the answer. Sludden, t mccann, r Brennan must be shaking their heads

I can't for the life of me see what the management see in O'Neill. Another Aidan McCrory.

HokeyPokey

What was the plan? It seemed to be to close the space in defence and avoid being caught on the counter by attacking slowly. But, why have three small inside men with these tactics? There seemed to be no attacking plan.

Three weeks on the trot and having only a few days to prepare wasn't to their advantage, but the lack of fight and how easy Kerry were able to push on was not good.

Rewatched the 2019 and 2021 semis before this and it would be great if we could get a fully fit and on form McShane inside as he was such a weapon in 2019 and looked sharp today.

Some of the older heads might still have something to offer. Harte though looks to have lost his pace. It would be a shame to see Morgan, Donnelly and Harte to end on such a note, they have given so much over the years and soldiered through many frustrating campaigns.

And dare I say it, should Tyrone consider getting Tally back involved in the set up somewhere?

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 01, 2023, 09:36:44 PM
What was with the short kickouts? All week we talked about how our midfield was better. Obviously management disagree. The one time we went long in the first half the ball was flicked on to McGeary who albeit fluffed it but it was into  a dangerous position right from the kickout.

Yeah that was the puzzling thing. I thought first few kickouts we were sure to try that out.

We have a real lack of pace and unfortunately that was laid bare today. O'Sullivan ran the legs of Donnelly up and down the pitch. I think that'll be the end of the road for him.

Only bonus was McShane coming on kicking 2 beauties.

tyroneman

Genuinely thought we were playing safe first half, trying to contain Kerry against the wind in order to let rip in second half.

How wrong I was.

Zero plan in attack. Leaving the big square empty most of the time and no-one breaking lines into it or making runs through it. High ball into small men. Aimless shots.

Agree with other posters that conditioning looked way off the opposition.

That second half was possibly one of the worst Tyrone championship performances in 20 odd years.

Moonshine

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on July 01, 2023, 09:34:41 PM

I can't for the life of me see what the management see in O'Neill. Another Aidan McCrory.

At least mccrory could tackle.

square_ball

At 6-6 we were right in the game even 9-6 at HT wasn't the worst. Similar to above i expected the kitchen sink to be thrown at Kerry in the 2nd half and instead we didn't even go out with a whimper. We were lucky Kerry didn't hit the net another 3 or 4 times.