Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout

Have to honestly say this as poor a setup we've had in the last 30yrs.

CK_Redhand

Can we ever have more than one forward play well at a time? It's either McCurry or D Canavan. Some basic skills very poor, it's all handpasses and sidesteps to get away with 8 steps. Tackling was good today but ref punished us for being the favourite.

All things considered we should probably be out tonight and licking our wounds until 2024.

tyrone08

Agree with the last 2 posts. Very poor today even considering how the ref kept Westmeath in it. Said it earlier in the year, first god team is knocking tyrone out. No lessons learnt from last year it seems.

reddgnhand

Too many poor players. Don't know what O'Neill brings to this team.

tyroneman

Yep. The ability, or desire, to stand on the neck of teams seems strangely absent. Possession football ruling each game. Safety first.

Nothing new, nothing exciting.

Ref left Tyrone being a last minute free away from watching the rest of the Championship. I've heard of levelling up for underdogs but he was frankly ridiculous today.

Westmeath were getting frees out for what Tyrone were getting frees against. Someone needs to sort refereeing standards out.

That being said, surely that 15 are capable of more......

An Watcher

There hasn't been a performance of note in the championship in 2 years.  I thought today would have been 2 victories on the trot heading into a home tie pre quarter final.  Alas, it wasn't to be against a division 3 team.  We coukd do an armagh and stick with the management for years but I think it's time fir a change after this season

barelegs

Strangely might have an easier game as third seed than second. Away to Kildare, Cork or Donegal as opposed to home to Mayo, Roscommon or Monaghan.

tyroneman

Quote from: barelegs on June 18, 2023, 06:16:03 PM
Strangely might have an easier game as third seed than second. Away to Kildare, Cork or Donegal as opposed to home to Mayo, Roscommon or Monaghan.

Away to DnG would not be good.....

NotedObserver

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 18, 2023, 06:05:26 PM
Too many poor players. Don't know what O'Neill brings to this team.

Don't see it at all with Oneill. Clarke in out of nowhere but thought he was okay. If can't get the ball to canavan nothing exciting is going to happen. Subbing of key players with 10 mins to go when game is in the balance doesn't seen right but maybe they have nothing left.

square_ball

Agree that the 2nd place teams are weaker than the 3rd place on paper but with this Tyrone team they could struggle no matter who it is. You would have fancied Heslin to kick that normally. Shouldn't have been in that position where we were relying on him to miss.

HokeyPokey

Definitely seems to be an inability to put teams away.

Though, I wouldn't read too much into Tyrone's chances from this game. Every team has had one or two bad games and Westmeath have run each team close in the group. The reffing also hugely unbalanced this game. Who is significantly better than Tyrone and who couldn't Tyrone beat on their day if they click into gear (big if)?

nrico2006

What was the last free given for?

Cooper hasn't a clue though, basically said that Tyrone are constantly relying on the Canavans and McCurry has been poor for a while. Strange comments given it was Ruairi Canavans full debut and McCurry is brilliant more often than not. Why was he missing today?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 18, 2023, 07:52:48 PM

Cooper hasn't a clue though, basically said that Tyrone are constantly relying on the Canavans and McCurry has been poor for a while. Strange comments given it was Ruairi Canavans full debut and McCurry is brilliant more often than not. Why was he missing today?

Thought it was touched on the ground but it was panic stations at the end. Morgan should have booted it down the field instead of putting the full back line under pressure.

ONeill

Second match in a row that has happened at it the end.

Really lacking leadership from 6-11.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

square_ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 18, 2023, 07:52:48 PM

McCurry has consistently been our best player in the Logan/Dooher years. Cooper talking through his hole there. Hopefully it's nothing serious.