Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: LeoMc on June 06, 2018, 06:02:11 PM
Profile > Account Settings > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List

Lethal..... no more shite!!!

lenny

Quote from: redzone on June 06, 2018, 09:31:33 PM
I thinks the clubs in Tyrone deserve great credit for producing so many great players. Other counties don't have that. It starts of at u6/u/8 and from there it's encouragement al the way up. I'd say every county player in Tyrone would know all the young lads at their club. That's some boost for a youngster that the county star knows who he is. Great role models

If that's true it's brilliant to see.

Oghams Law

Quote from: LeoMc on June 06, 2018, 06:02:11 PM
Profile > Account Settings > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List

Brilliant, didnt realise this function was there. Thanks!

tyroneman

I believe Ruarai Gormley had a great outing last time, hopefully on his way to being the next Strabane man to make a mark on the Seniors since Danny McBride - how has he been doing for Strabane to date?

Is he a potential solution for Senior MF in a few years?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tyroneman on June 07, 2018, 02:14:36 PM
I believe Ruarai Gormley had a great outing last time, hopefully on his way to being the next Strabane man to make a mark on the Seniors since Danny McBride - how has he been doing for Strabane to date?

Is he a potential solution for Senior MF in a few years?

Playing well for Strabane too from what I've seen.

Appears to be a good player with a good attitude.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

outsideoftheboot

in todays ulster herald in an interview with mickey it says "several squad members including Ben McDonnell, David Mulgrew, Ronan McHugh, Ciaran McLaughlin, Brendan Burns and Declan McClure all nursing various knocks and strains at the moment." with regards to calling up Ruairi Sludden.

That confirms some speculation of some of them players. They are on top of the obvious lee brennan and mark Bradley. It doesn't mention Harry Loughran anyway so I assume he is ok.

bigpackiechestout

What's our thoughts for Saturday then, do we think Harte will throw a curve ball with someone new in the full forward line? I think we have plenty of people who could make a stab at this role, including Mattie Donnelly, Richard Donnelly, Harry Loughran, McShane, or even Colm Cavanagh could be tried in there for spells now that we also have Frank Burns playing well in the sweepers role.

As usual with Harte I think he will go with the pragmatic approach of starting McAliskey and O'Neill in the full forward line and ask some of the lads above to spend short periods of the game in the FF line. Harte always talks about the modern game being very fluid and we have seen this already this year with Peter Harte and Niall Sludden spending periods in the FF line at various times, although they have had limited success.

I would be flabbergasted if Ruairi Sludden started after having just joined the panel although with him being the only other fit natural inside forward left apart from O'Neill and Skeet I think there's every chance of him coming on in the second half if we are in trouble.

Also is Kieran McGeary left footed? I know he hits free kicks for Pomeroy so I think he is likely to start with our other 3 left footers being out. I think we will see a team like the following with McShane and Mattie both spending some time at FF.

Morgan
McKernan
McNamee
Hampsey
McCann
Burns
Meyler
Cavanagh
M Donnelly
McClure (if fit. if not, McNulty could come in or else someone like Rory Brennan with Meyler pushed forward. I would like to see McNamee pushed forward with Hugh Pat coming in)
Sludden
McGeary
O'Neill
McShane
McAliskey

BIGONE

Assuming injuries I'm going to plump for/What I'd like to see:
               Morgan
HP McGeary Hampsey McNamee
McCann Burns McKernan
Colm, Paudy McNulty
Meyler Sludden Mattie
O'Neill McShane Skeet

Fuzzman

I'll have a stab at what I think Mickey will pick tonight or does he wait now to Fridays?

O'Neill           I can see him rotate them again
McKernan      Scored 1.01 the last day and looked sharper than McCarron
McNamee
Hampsey
T.McCann
Burns
Meyler
C. Cavanagh
P. McNulty
M. Donnelly
Sludden
McGeary
O'Neill
McShane
McAliskey

That's quite a strong team despite all the injuries
Was very encouraged by Skeet the last day. Hopefully he stays injury free.

trailer

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 07, 2018, 04:55:07 PM
I'll have a stab at what I think Mickey will pick tonight or does he wait now to Fridays?

O'Neill           I can see him rotate them again
McKernan      Scored 1.01 the last day and looked sharper than McCarron
McNamee
Hampsey
T.McCann
Burns
Meyler
C. Cavanagh
P. McNulty
M. Donnelly
Sludden
McGeary
O'Neill
McShane
McAliskey

That's quite a strong team despite all the injuries
Was very encouraged by Skeet the last day. Hopefully he stays injury free.

I'd like to see O'Neill get a run in goals. I think he's a better shot stopper than Morgan.
McShane in FF would also be a good option, perhaps with Donnelly and McAliskey alongside?
Would like to see H Loughran get a run if not injured.

Tyrone Gaa

I watched the Club b Championship draw on Facebook earlier and had to replay it again. After the draw was finished was the Moy Captain hinting that he would prefer a Tyrone exit to get Colm back with the club. I think Paddy Hunter and the rest of the room assumed that.
Living the dream!!!

deadman

Have it on good authority that Ronan O'Neill will be leaving the Tyrone panel tomorrow (Friday June 8th)

Adds fuel to Sean Cavanaghs claim that flair players don't thrive under Harte in recent seasons

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: deadman on June 07, 2018, 10:26:01 PM
Have it on good authority that Ronan O'Neill will be leaving the Tyrone panel tomorrow (Friday June 8th)

Adds fuel to Sean Cavanaghs claim that flair players don't thrive under Harte in recent seasons

Must'nt have got the nod for the Meath game this weekend. Be a bit of an insult to him if Sludden just drafted in gets a start. Tyrone isn't a county United at the minute.
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

team named. no o neill or sludden. r donnelly full forward

OffTheDeck

N Morgan
P Hampsey
R McNamee
HP McGeary
T McCann
F Burns
M McKernan
C Cavanagh
P McNulty
M Donnelly
N Sludden
C Meyler
C McShane
R Donnelly
C McAliskey
Don't know how can Mickey can continue to pick Niall Morgan. Also Ronan O'Neill overlooked yet again, wouldn't blame him if he walked