Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: redhandofgod on February 02, 2018, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2018, 11:39:13 AM
Dan mc nulty clonoe

Saw him in 3 tyrone championship games last year against dromore, and 2 x pomeroy! he's not anywhere near close to senior county standard.

Maybe it was because he played the entire championship with a back injury and also a damaged hernia, infact he did amazingly well to have played, stilled pulled out a draw for us against Pomeroy even tho he was crippled. Had to be literally carried off the field after the Dromore match.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: redhandofgod on February 02, 2018, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2018, 11:39:13 AM
Dan mc nulty clonoe

Saw him in 3 tyrone championship games last year against dromore, and 2 x pomeroy! he's not anywhere near close to senior county standard.

Got to agree...no where near that level anytime I've seen him.

southtyronegael

I'm not sayin mc nulty is the answer just he is one of a number of bigger physical lads with football in they given the chance and the right coaching could do a job for Tyrone. Mickey abandoned them all.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2018, 11:21:07 AM
Maybe mickey should go and bring back all the 6 footers he has fell out with like Conan grugan,shea mc guigan,mc nulty,Niall mc Kenna, coney

Grugan and Coney the only ones of that bunch who I would think may have something to offer.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2018, 02:32:44 PM
I'm not sayin mc nulty is the answer just he is one of a number of bigger physical lads with football in they given the chance and the right coaching could do a job for Tyrone. Mickey abandoned them all.

He's not mobile enough. You have to tick all boxes at the highest level - size, power, speed, mobility and a bit of ability.

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 02:52:51 PM

He's not mobile enough. You have to tick all boxes at the highest level - size, power, speed, mobility and a bit of ability.

that rules out a few in the squad!

Il Bomber Destro

Tyrone (Allianz FL v Dublin): Niall Morgan; Ciaran McLaughlin, Cathal McCarron, Hugh Pat McGeary; Tiernan McCann, Padraig Hampsey, Peter Harte; Matthew Donnelly, Declan McClure; Richard Donnelly, Niall Sludden, Kieran McGeary; Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane, Connor McAliskey.

Subs: Mickey O'Neill, Mark Bradley, Rory Brennan, Frank Burns, Conall McCann, Aidan McCrory, Michael McKernan, Ronan McNabb, Ronan McNamee, Padraig McNulty, Ronan O'Neill.

No Cassidy again. Injured?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on February 02, 2018, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 02:52:51 PM

that rules out a few in the squad!

And that's the problem.

There are no players currently not playing for Tyrone apart from Sean Cavanagh that you would say would be a definite starter if they were available. It's more or less the best players in Tyrone bar a few players at a similar level to others in the squad.

driveherin

Oh dear! Dublin could dish out another 12 point hammering to that Tyrone team!  :-\

The Trap

I dunno its a league game so it could be close. Depends how Dublin approach it and what team they choose!

Therealdonald

Thats two weeks in a row and no Cassidy in the panel...is he hurt?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 03:10:13 PM
Tyrone (Allianz FL v Dublin): Niall Morgan; Ciaran McLaughlin, Cathal McCarron, Hugh Pat McGeary; Tiernan McCann, Padraig Hampsey, Peter Harte; Matthew Donnelly, Declan McClure; Richard Donnelly, Niall Sludden, Kieran McGeary; Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane, Connor McAliskey.

Subs: Mickey O'Neill, Mark Bradley, Rory Brennan, Frank Burns, Conall McCann, Aidan McCrory, Michael McKernan, Ronan McNabb, Ronan McNamee, Padraig McNulty, Ronan O'Neill.

No Cassidy again. Injured?

Will pay close attention to Lee Brennan in this game, provided he gets half decent ball - this is the best opposition to judge the lad on.

Dire Ear

Quote from: driveherin on February 02, 2018, 03:23:01 PM
Oh dear! Dublin could dish out another 12 point hammering to that Tyrone team!  :-\
10- 12point bating would be my guess

skeog

Real Talk

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 02:51:20 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2018, 11:21:07 AM
Maybe mickey should go and bring back all the 6 footers he has fell out with like Conan grugan,shea mc guigan,mc nulty,Niall mc Kenna, coney

Grugan and Coney the only ones of that bunch who I would think may have something to offer.

Have saw Coney a few times at Club level and I would doubt if he has the 'stomach' or the determination for being an option for the commitment that Mickey Harte would want in a team set-up aiming for Sam