Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 26, 2018, 12:50:03 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 26, 2018, 12:40:05 PM
With regards to mc curry, or any other forward for that matter, how could you expect any of them to play well this last 2 years with the system we had? Plenty of football in them lads yet if they aren't ruined for good.

To be fair to McCurry he was flying in this system in the 2015 season. His levels have dipped though.
The system was nowhere near as defensive in 2015. Don't forget our full forward line scored 12 points between them against Monaghan in quarter final, mc curry with 6 I think.we didn't even have a full forward line in 2016 or 17.

southtyronegael

The system was nowhere near as defensive in 2015. Our full forward line scored 12 points between them In quarter final against Monaghan that year(mc curry with 6 I think). We didn't even have a full forward line in 2016 or 17.

Il Bomber Destro

I would certainly agree that in 2015 we had much more of the right balance. McCurry and McAliskey were staying much closer to goal with Cavanagh going in for spells. We need to return to that kind of balance as it was definitely the best football we played in the last 3 years.

In comparison to the Mayo and Dublin defeats where we were tentative, we really went at it against Kerry and had we a free taker or had we taken the goal chances we created, we would have won that game.

The system suits the players we have, it's just a matter of being a bit braver and let some of those lads take the shackles off a bit more.

Il Bomber Destro

Il Bomber Destro

Subs: Mickey O'Neill, Mark Bradley, Lee Brennan, Rory Brennan, Brendan Burns, Frank Burns, Richard Donnelly, Declan McClure, Aidan McCrory, Ronan McNabb, Ronan O'Neill.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Unless Mc Clare is injured or not fully fit yet, he is a much better player than the two MF selected, jus don't see McNulty as the standard, just he is still getting bites. Very decent lad to I might add

southtyronegael

RedHand88

Has anyone any idea where in under jaysus the match is? Tuam or salthill? It's less than 48 hours away...

Thebigdog

So there you have it! The moy have every man behind the ball  with 20 per cent possession and the opposition cantering to a win nearing the end and hey presto they decide to go man to man and they score more in the last five minutes than the whole of the rest of the game to get into the final. wow! How's about just go man to man in the final lads. Hopefully Harte and Tyrone football in general has took note! Btw I'm still here after many attempts to get me off this forum by others ha ha

skeog

Moy rode their luck but fair play to them,the effort was unreal.Big Sean hopefully signs off in Croker with a win.

Thebigdog

Absolutely the two cavanaghs deserve another good day in headquarters after last August.

Il Bomber Destro

McNamee hooked after 20 minutes.

I think he will be very lucky to keep his place this year, way off it in the past 18 months and his discipline is questionable.

longballin

8 points this week 8 points last week... great to see our new attacking brand of football  :o

Smurfy123

The whole country are moving away from defensive crap that we have seen this 10 years and Tyrone are only starting it
Use have the best group of players in ulster let them play some football will you Mickey
And then that muck yesterday
Jesus

Il Bomber Destro

While Harte gets a torrent of abuse for picking McCrory, I think his continued selections of McNamee, Kieran McGeary and Conall McCann should be as much of a contention. I don't like singling players out but I think playing these two lads in the half forward line is a very negative move. McCann is far, far too passive and I think McGeary plays wing back or he doesn't play at all. I think we have much better players who

The sending off and poor start obviously didn't help, along with the conditions but it's a real cause for concern.

The full back line is a massive concern, McNamee has been an embarrassment of late, his defending has been poor and his ill discipline make him a liability. I think we have to put Hamspey to full back, he's better further out the pitch but he's the best option at full back, I know Meyler and Rory Brennan are quite injury prone but I think they should be nailed on starters.

Team I'd like to see for Dublin:

1. O'Neill
2. McKernan
3. Hampsey
4. Cassidy
5. T McCann
6. R Brennan
7. Harte
8. McClure
9. M Donnelly
10. Meyler
11. Sludden