Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 06, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
happy retirement to justy mc mahon. another great tyrone servant leaves the stage. he didnt waste much time gettin to f**k outta there after he heard the bad news last night.

Just out of interest, did you go along and make your strong feelings felt to your club, Southtyronegael? We've known this vote has been coming for a long time, no doubt you have stated your opinion at your clubs meetings?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

bennyharp, im just a member of my club. not on any comittee so have no clue about any meetings. i do know that our club delegate voted on hartes extension last year without consulting with our committee.

Norf Tyrone

Did Club's not get asked about this a few weeks back. It was post the Ulster Final and pre the Donegal game. I know we were certainly canvassed on it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ose 14

think all parties be happy. experienced manager in charge of mediocre team wont cost tyrone too much in revenue whats not to like. any word of the money involved?

Gaffer

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2017, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 06, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
happy retirement to justy mc mahon. another great tyrone servant leaves the stage. he didnt waste much time gettin to f**k outta there after he heard the bad news last night.

Just out of interest, did you go along and make your strong feelings felt to your club, Southtyronegael? We've known this vote has been coming for a long time, no doubt you have stated your opinion at your clubs meetings?

Folks, southtyronegael is actually a Fermanagh man stirring on here. Just ignore.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

skeog

In fairness to STG Justin didnt wait long to announce his retirement.

southtyronegael

Folks, gaffer thinks just because he has pic of peter the great on his profile it makes him a big Tyrone supporter. Muppet.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: skeog on September 07, 2017, 08:46:12 AM

What difference does that make? Neither did Cavanagh. Neither did Canavan in 05 when he announced his retirement the night of winning the all Ireland (I don't remember anyone suggesting he was unhappy with Harte then). I'm sure Justy had his mind made up that this was his last go at it.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 07, 2017, 08:48:57 AM
Folks, gaffer thinks just because he has pic of peter the great on his profile it makes him a big Tyrone supporter. Muppet.

Definitely a Fermanagh man logging in between jerking off!

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on September 07, 2017, 09:09:19 AM

Definitely a Fermanagh man logging in between jerking off!
is there anything wrong with being from fermanagh? Is there anything wrong with jerking off?

Ty4Sam

Quote from: skeog on September 07, 2017, 08:46:12 AM

Justin had retired before Tuesday night's county meeting. Great servant to Tyrone and deserves all the plaudits he is getting.

tothetop03

Next year i would imagine will be Mickeys hardest in all the years he has managed teams, we all thought after Donegal game where Tyrone varied kick outs and game plan to suit Tyrone and it all worked against what was seen as Tyrones biggest threat in ulster got swept to the side quite easily, we seen where Donegal went after that.....everybody was eagerly awaiting the next big challengers at national level which was Dublin.... we failed badly...and will have to wait to next year too see if if was our tactics or players just not being good enough was the cause of the defeat... we all would have loved to get out and attack Dublin a bit more we didn't and set back and invited them towards us which left the manner of the defeat hard to stomach even more..... if Mickey does not change his game plan to something more attractive he could invite trouble towards himself which i hope he does not do that for his own sake.... but as we know he can be very stubborn....

Gaffer

Peter was great, wasnt he? Yip even you acknowledge it and you a diehard Fermanagh man!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

BennyHarp

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 07, 2017, 12:02:49 PM
Next year i would imagine will be Mickeys hardest in all the years he has managed teams, we all thought after Donegal game where Tyrone varied kick outs and game plan to suit Tyrone and it all worked against what was seen as Tyrones biggest threat in ulster got swept to the side quite easily, we seen where Donegal went after that.....everybody was eagerly awaiting the next big challengers at national level which was Dublin.... we failed badly...and will have to wait to next year too see if if was our tactics or players just not being good enough was the cause of the defeat... we all would have loved to get out and attack Dublin a bit more we didn't and set back and invited them towards us which left the manner of the defeat hard to stomach even more..... if Mickey does not change his game plan to something more attractive he could invite trouble towards himself which i hope he does not do that for his own sake.... but as we know he can be very stubborn....

Mickey might be stubborn but he is an astute football man and is well capable of changing his team style of play. He genuinely felt that the style he had developed would cause the Dubs problems and ultimately he was wrong. He's been right enough in the past to have confidence in his convictions and I'm sure he would be savy enough to know that changes need to be made. He hadn't met Dublin in the championship for a few years and the league games against them all served to suggest that he might be on the right track so he stuck with that gameplan for a few years, trying to perfect it for the day we met Dublin. Unfortunately it was a bad day at the office and I think he may have underestimated (like myself) just how good Dublin are. The three year contract gives him time to come up with a new style of play and also I believe time for a realistic successor to be found. It would have been foolish to get rid without a replacement in mind or in fact without any real credible candidates pushing themselves into contention. Would be really he any better off with McGleenan, Tally or O'Rourke? Three years seems like a natural end and hopefully he can produce  one more wining team before moving on.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 07, 2017, 12:02:49 PM

Harte's gonna end up completely destroying his legacy. I don't think he'll last the 3 years and by the end people will be saying he got lucky to have such a brilliant group of players from 2003 to 08. He has been found out in the last few years since gormley, dooher, oneill et al have retired. From a Derry point of view I was delighted to see him get another 3 years. Cavanagh speaking to rte immediately after the dublin game shows he doesn't really have the loyalty of the players any more.