Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs mills

I'm sure Sean Hurson will watch the recording of today's Hogan Final and regret that he denied Wexford a perfectly good goal in the first two minutes. The lad passed the ball on his 5th step. Given that there are several examples of him allowing seven and eight steps elsewhere in the game, it was a very very poor call. He may also want to have a word with his officials, four of whom missed the push on the Wexford full forward which sent the player tumbling in the penalty area a few minutes later. The disapproving roar from the crowd will have alerted him to it but too late. The Kerry team may well have gone on to win the match anyway, but Sean did the Leinster boys no favours.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on April 01, 2017, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2017, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 01, 2017, 02:21:01 PM
This is worth listening to. Joe in fine form, plenty of laughs and tells the truth about the rubbish being played by Tyrone and other counties... http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/185966/Joe_Brolly_At_Crossmaglen

Yeah, playing fast and loose football against this Dublin side has proven to be very successful for many teams.....

The problem now is the gulf in class between the top teams and the rest, there is a huge gap in resources and given players are so much faster, stronger and mobile these days then if you leave space it will be a turkey shoot with the better teams beating the weaker teams at a canter.

Look at the way Dublin dispose of the likes of Longford  and Laois when they go out and play naive football against them 20 + point hammerings.

Look at the way Mayo destroyed Sligo in the Connacht final when they went out and played naive football.

The real problem is not defensive football, the real problem is competitiveness and the gap is only going to widen between the have and have nots.

If defensive football keeps the game more competitive then I'm happy with that rather than the alternative of Dublin having won games by half time.

Give me a dour 8 points to 6 points win over Dublin putting on a clinic in a 4-25 to 11 point exhibitions style Championship game, every day of the week.

Biggest load of nonsense written here in a long time. Gulf in class? Donegal V Tyrone last years Ulster final?

What are you on about?

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2017, 11:35:50 PM
This is worth listening to. Joe in fine form, plenty of laughs and tells the truth about the rubbish being played by Tyrone and other counties... http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/185966/Joe_Brolly_At_Crossmaglen

Yeah, playing fast and loose football against this Dublin side has proven to be very successful for many teams.....

The problem now is the gulf in class between the top teams and the rest, there is a huge gap in resources and given players are so much faster, stronger and mobile these days then if you leave space it will be a turkey shoot with the better teams beating the weaker teams at a canter.

Look at the way Dublin dispose of the likes of Longford  and Laois when they go out and play naive football against them 20 + point hammerings.

Look at the way Mayo destroyed Sligo in the Connacht final when they went out and played naive football.

The real problem is not defensive football, the real problem is competitiveness and the gap is only going to widen between the have and have nots.

If defensive football keeps the game more competitive then I'm happy with that rather than the alternative of Dublin having won games by half time.

Give me a dour 8 points to 6 points win over Dublin putting on a clinic in a 4-25 to 11 point exhibitions style Championship game, every day of the week.

Biggest load of nonsense written here in a long time. Gulf in class? Donegal V Tyrone last years Ulster final?

What are you on about?

You havent a clue lad  :o

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on April 02, 2017, 12:09:49 AM

What are you on about?

I know what I'm talking about but haven't a clue what point you're trying to make.

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 02, 2017, 12:12:36 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 02, 2017, 12:09:49 AM

What are you on about?

I know what I'm talking about but haven't a clue what point you're trying to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy3EHf82ZJU

clarshack

Quote from: Mrs mills on April 01, 2017, 11:04:44 PM
I'm sure Sean Hurson will watch the recording of today's Hogan Final and regret that he denied Wexford a perfectly good goal in the first two minutes. The lad passed the ball on his 5th step. Given that there are several examples of him allowing seven and eight steps elsewhere in the game, it was a very very poor call. He may also want to have a word with his officials, four of whom missed the push on the Wexford full forward which sent the player tumbling in the penalty area a few minutes later. The disapproving roar from the crowd will have alerted him to it but too late. The Kerry team may well have gone on to win the match anyway, but Sean did the Leinster boys no favours.

In the recent Kerry Dublin game he gave a phantom free to Dublin late on and therefore helped to keep their unbeaten record going. Even the commentators couldn't believe it was a free. A poor referee imo.

skeog

Hopefully Sean doesnt suffer the same fate as a few who went before him performing badly on the big day.

southtyronegael

Cant wait for today. Huge day of football across all divisions. Might not be another day like it come championship.

southtyronegael

kerry 1-9 tyrone 0-3 after 25 mins

teaminamillion

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 02, 2017, 02:28:19 PM
kerry 1-9 tyrone 0-3 after 25 mins
Tyrone were applauded out of Killarney in 2012. Today they were laughed out of it.

southtyronegael

wonder did mickey stay behind to sign autographs today?

longballin

Good to have a blanket defence to keep the score down  ::)

BennyHarp

Proper Tyrone supporters on this thread.  ::) Couldn't feckin wait to come on and gloat after a defeat. Just don't get that mentality at all. You can get back to watching the soccer now, I'm sure the Arsenal fans would love lads of your calibre to help them boo Arsene Wenger today. I suspect Bomber is correct that you are all one in the same person anyway.
That was never a square ball!!

ose 14

its easy to criticise harte at this juncture but whats the point hes going nowhere. the league table doesent lie and to be honest i thought ourselves and monaghan and donegal would be battling it out for 4 5 and 6th place. the positives is we stayed up a lot of promoted teams dont. harte tried to be positive first day against roscommon with one sweeper but we coughed up an early goal and could have conceeded another 4 back to negative shite football after that. we tried to play mattie at full forward for a game and a half but couldnt risk not having him out in the must win games. we havent improved too much from last year and if anything we may have got worse. our fullbackline is our major problem not enough pace to handle the best teams without  2 sweepers. our forwards are being hung out to dry living on scraps and defending. the biggest disappointment is hartes continued need to win the mckenna cup to keep wolves from the door instead of working on our deficiencies.

teaminamillion

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 02, 2017, 04:31:10 PM
Proper Tyrone supporters on this thread.  ::) Couldn't feckin wait to come on and gloat after a defeat. Just don't get that mentality at all. You can get back to watching the soccer now, I'm sure the Arsenal fans would love lads of your calibre to help them boo Arsene Wenger today. I suspect Bomber is correct that you are all one in the same person anyway.
from Tyrone to Arsenal. What the f**k are you on about? I bet the people who compare the Harte outs with soccer fans, eat silage for their breakfast.