Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2017, 10:51:35 AM
If Tyrone were winning every game there would be slabbers on here giving off that they are peaking too early by doing too much, as it is they are doing ok but again this isn't good enough for most people.  I would hope that Harte is looking at the bigger picture and is looking for the team to peak in the summer, but I still worry over our apparent lack of a plan B, lack of a real top drawer forward or 2, inability to press on kickouts and our inability to score frees.  Mickey Harte is a great manager but change is required.

There is plenty I wish he would do, in my head if he done it it would work perfectly, in reality I haven't a clue and I could just say woops in my head and go back to slating him for the mistakes he makes. He is where he is for a reason so shout about what you would like to see fair enough but cut the hysteria and dilusion in your own head that your changes are the answer

macca123

I see Mattie Donnelly has been given a 1 match ban for punching Aidan O'Shea at the end of last weeks game, big miss for the Kerry match

Fuzzman

As one of the Mayo posters wrote on a different thread, most teams know now how Tyrone are gonna set up and play.
They expect us to play 13/14 men behind the ball. They expect us to not push up for kickouts. They expect us to miss frees from 35+ yards.

My point is we have become very predictable and I think that is why Mickey was toying with the idea of playing Sean and Mattie in at FF. Personally I think "The System" has become a bit of a noose around our neck that we are far too rigid in keeping to. Too often I see players in forward positions scared to take a man on in fear he will lose possession and so turn back and recycle. Sludden and maybe McGeary seems to be one of the few to try to break a tackle and push through into a scoring position. This is why we are not creating goal scoring chances or even good point scoring opportunities as teams are happy to keep us out on the wings 40 yards from goal.

Does anyone know do our players practice free taking on their own as much as they used to or are they too busy doing other stuff? From what I hear free taking requires a lot of practice from week to week but I am asking does our lads still do that or are they working on other stuff. It just seems amazing that this problem doesn't seem to be improving from year to year. Of course players can have an off day like Petey last Sunday but it is the one thing that could be gaining us 4 or 5 more points a game. Would it not even be worth bringing young Brennan in JUST for his free taking duties now that the U21s are over? 

In hiding

Quote from: redhandefender on March 30, 2017, 11:27:45 AM
If Tyrone were winning every game there would be slabbers on here giving off that they are peaking too early by doing too much, as it is they are doing ok but again this isn't good enough for most people.  I would hope that Harte is looking at the bigger picture and is looking for the team to peak in the summer, but I still worry over our apparent lack of a plan B, lack of a real top drawer forward or 2, inability to press on kickouts and our inability to score frees.  Mickey Harte is a great manager but change is required.

There is plenty I wish he would do, in my head if he done it it would work perfectly, in reality I haven't a clue and I could just say woops in my head and go back to slating him for the mistakes he makes. He is where he is for a reason so shout about what you would like to see fair enough but cut the hysteria and dilusion in your own head that your changes are the answer

Just a question for your head then. Are you saying that everyones opinion that is not the same as mickey harte(or maybe gavin devlins), are wrong

macca123

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 30, 2017, 11:51:32 AM
As one of the Mayo posters wrote on a different thread, most teams know now how Tyrone are gonna set up and play.
They expect us to play 13/14 men behind the ball. They expect us to not push up for kickouts. They expect us to miss frees from 35+ yards.

My point is we have become very predictable and I think that is why Mickey was toying with the idea of playing Sean and Mattie in at FF. Personally I think "The System" has become a bit of a noose around our neck that we are far too rigid in keeping to. Too often I see players in forward positions scared to take a man on in fear he will lose possession and so turn back and recycle. Sludden and maybe McGeary seems to be one of the few to try to break a tackle and push through into a scoring position. This is why we are not creating goal scoring chances or even good point scoring opportunities as teams are happy to keep us out on the wings 40 yards from goal.

Does anyone know do our players practice free taking on their own as much as they used to or are they too busy doing other stuff? From what I hear free taking requires a lot of practice from week to week but I am asking does our lads still do that or are they working on other stuff. It just seems amazing that this problem doesn't seem to be improving from year to year. Of course players can have an off day like Petey last Sunday but it is the one thing that could be gaining us 4 or 5 more points a game. Would it not even be worth bringing young Brennan in JUST for his free taking duties now that the U21s are over?

I know Mark Bradley & Darren McCurry practice free taking in their own time

redhandefender

Quote from: In hiding on March 30, 2017, 11:54:58 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on March 30, 2017, 11:27:45 AM

Just a question for your head then. Are you saying that everyones opinion that is not the same as mickey harte(or maybe gavin devlins), are wrong

Yes

teaminamillion

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2017, 10:05:58 AM
What sort of shit are you on about? This is a football forum, stick on topic or feck off.
maybe Fergus should stick to the football then. Ok princess?

seanmc123

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 30, 2017, 12:44:50 PM
What sort of shit are you on about? This is a football forum, stick on topic or feck off.

You a big man hiding behind a forum with a fake name.

omagh_gael

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 30, 2017, 12:44:50 PM

Hard to take a boy like you serious when it appears your only purpose is to denigrate Mickey Harte and Cathal McCarron. Then again you're more than likely just an alias of another poster.

tothetop03

I do understand when we say peaking later on in the season is key and that is 100% fine.... but i will say Mattie and Cathal McCarron are carrying more bulk than they normally do which i can see being a problem for them..i hope i am wrong though.... Get Sundays game to hell out of the road and then the prep starts for the real football and we will see then what happen.....

longballin

Fact - Since 2010 Tyrone have won just 7 of 30 league and championship matches vs Kerry, Dublin, Donegal and Mayo, the top four. Just one of those in the championship but sure everything's grand. Harte's doing a great job  :o

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on March 30, 2017, 02:57:25 PM
Fact - Since 2010 Tyrone have won just 7 of 30 league and championship matches vs Kerry, Dublin, Donegal and Mayo, the top four. Just one of those in the championship but sure everything's grand. Harte's doing a great job  :o

whats your point? Tyrone were awful between 2010 and 2013. They need a big scalp yes, do you think mattie mc gleenan comes in and that starts happening? catch a grip

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on March 30, 2017, 03:29:44 PM

whats your point? Tyrone were awful between 2010 and 2013. They need a big scalp yes, do you think mattie mc gleenan comes in and that starts happening? catch a grip
well if mickey Harte cant do it then someone else deserves a chance.

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 30, 2017, 03:52:17 PM

well if mickey Harte cant do it then someone else deserves a chance.

Are you me? Cant have two people with the same opinion!  :-[

In hiding

How do you make that out. 2011 Tyrone lost a semi final against Donegal. Most of them had won Ulster medals 11 months earlier. But sure, you know your stuff.
They were hammered by Dublin in the quarters as our tactical genius decided to go 2 on 2. The Mc Mahons against Connolly and Bernard Brogan with an acre of space in front of them