Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

come on its only the league. dont be so negative lad.

In hiding

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 18, 2017, 01:58:01 PM
Quote from: In hiding on March 18, 2017, 11:07:47 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 18, 2017, 09:14:47 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 18, 2017, 07:56:44 AM
Quote from: teaminamillion on March 18, 2017, 03:07:45 AM
This type of anti football makes corner forwards like lee Brennan redundant. This is the sole reason they become anonymous. Any manager in Tyrone could set a team up like this! This begs the question is coaching in Tyrone of poor standard? You can have all the talent you want but if your relying on Mickey Harte an Fergal Logan for inspiration you can forget about it. This will continue just as the empty seats in Healy park.

So who can get us playing positive attacking football now that Harte, Logan/Canavan, McGleenen and ORourke have been ruled out?

Based on some of the previous suggestions Jim mcguiness could be next

The only manager ever to win an All Ireland with a group of players who were nowhere near the best in ireland. Indeed only for a bad kickout would have won two

McGuinness had plenty of top class players in his squad. Murphy, McFadden, Kavanagh, Gallagher, Lacey, McGlynn, McGrath, McGee, McHugh would have been key men in any team in Ireland in 2012.
Mark mc hugh, Neil gallagher, paddy mc grath, Neil or eamon mc gee key men in any team in ireland in 2012 !! Are you on drugs ?

teaminamillion

Mickeys anonymous email to the radio station in Dublin is coming back to bite the team. Roisin Jordan can't be blamed for this manure.

LeoMc

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 18, 2017, 09:50:58 PM
Mickeys anonymous email to the radio station in Dublin is coming back to bite the team. Roisin Jordan can't be blamed for this manure.
Yes, the email seems to have really fired Donegal up.

teaminamillion

Have to say I will not be able to hold the glee and excitement when the Tyrone county board finally kicks Harte out the door. Ah just to see that bitter contorted face on him when roisin Jordan finally to f off! Any chance someone could record it on their I phone?

southtyronegael

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 18, 2017, 10:07:47 PM
Have to say I will not be able to hold the glee and excitement when the Tyrone county board finally kicks Harte out the door. Ah just to see that bitter contorted face on him when roisin Jordan finally to f off! Any chance someone could record it on their I phone?
im sure mickey will have someone from the irish news there anyway. get him out and end this charade.

teaminamillion

The good old Irish news ha ha. Mickey can rely on the Derry loving journalists of this newspaper to have his back anyway! Wonder what pro harte propaganda will be spouted by them next week? Awh Mickeys a three time All Ireland winning manager ye know!

tothetop03

Only home from Balybofey... getting worse by the week... i will reserve my judgement to after Mayo game...something does seem quite right on the field or behind the scenes... plus i gave up an etra overtime shift to go and watch that dung... 

skeog

This game be no relevance come summer time.Stay calm its only a league match.

ose 14

its easy to slag off a team when their crap. its easy to slag of a manager when their crap, but rory gallagher take a bow positive attacking football lesson learned. anyone see mark bradley no irish passport that brexit is a hoor. feel sorry for declan bonner 8 u21s played the night how were they ever b ready for ballybofey n 4 days at least tyrone are looking after no 1. total f----

tothetop03

Quote from: skeog on March 18, 2017, 10:42:35 PM

I understand that i just expected a bit better.... why keep playing one or two player who have got more chances than enough they aint good enough play somebody else please...

Club boi

Second Half - Donegal 3 Tyrone 1

Complete Horse Manure

Football is dead

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on March 19, 2017, 02:07:26 AM

Second Half - Donegal 3 Tyrone 1

Complete Horse Manure

Football is dead

Scoring in the league is higher now than it was over most of the previous 40 years so not sure it's fair to say football is dead based on one low scoring half of football. There has been many many halfs equally as bad in wet blustery league games played in march over the years. Last years all Ireland finals were easily better than most all Ireland finals ever played.

Actually thought in the first half particular Donegal played some nice football. Working the ball well attacking in numbers and taking some great scores. On the other hand it was a terrible performance by Tyrone which has become the norm in ballybofey. We lacked fight and ideas.

I can't work out why we sit back on kick outs and let Donegal walk up to our 50 yard line without touching them then pick of a score. We seriously need to work on our attacking play. We haven't attacked in numbers or at pace enough during the league. One man tends to run into 3 or 4 opponents then turn back and pass and this is repeated to we lose the ball.

Donegal put a wall of players around the 50 knowing we'd never put it over the top or get behind them. They also made our sweeper redundant by not kicking the ball in and we never bothered pushing out til the damage was done. No idea what we were afraid of in the full forward line.

It's still only one league game and we can definitely bounce back from it but theirs lots to work on. In particular going out with a positive attitude to attack and win a game with a bit less focus on the opposition and limiting them. It caught us out against Mayo last year.

ONeill

Hard to see that attacking mindset forming any time soon though. As games progress, Tyrone seem to automatically revert to what they're programmed to do. Against middle-tier teams it'll work as the opposition don't have the players disciplined and programmed to stand firm on the defensive 45 like Donegal did last night. But against top tier teams they get as far as the opponent's 45 and hit a wall, 12 scores maximum.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Unless their is a change of emphasis and braver going forward you are right we are going to struggle to get enough scores v the top teams. Against a team like Donegal the time they are most open is actually on their own kick out if you can win the ball. The issue is you have to be able to win most of the ball if they go long cause you will be open yourself if they get clean possession.

Going forward we have to commit more men quicker and attack much more decisively. Donegal showed last night were so much smarter at moving the ball in attack and creating space.

Luckily it's march and not July, there is time to improve. We didn't get lessons like this last year in the league.