Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 09, 2017, 09:32:26 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 09, 2017, 12:41:47 AM
Quote from: RedHandTom on February 08, 2017, 11:54:43 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 08, 2017, 08:49:44 AM
Quote from: RedHandTom on February 07, 2017, 11:26:27 PM
U21 result from tonight.
Tyrone 2.13
Down 1.5

Is that just a challenge match? Anybody able to list out our team? Any word if Brennan and Mulgrew are going well?

Just a challenge match aye. Brennan and Mulgrew both flying. I was at the Dublin game and it was an impressive performance. Some serious young players in that squad

Who played well?

Brennan and Mulgrew i think  ;)
I heard Brennan wasn't even playing against Down? But was impressive against Dublin.

RedHandTom

Naw Brennan wasn't there against Down alright. Wee McAnealla fella was playing instead. Very good. Brennan was deadly against Dublin as was Mulgrew and McKernan. I'd fancy us against Donegal

rrhf

Still a long way off from beating Donegal. Guys ye need to get real. This is Donegals all Ireland to lose.

RedHandTom

Quote from: rrhf on February 09, 2017, 11:36:12 PM
Still a long way off from beating Donegal. Guys ye need to get real. This is Donegals all Ireland to lose.

That's wouldnt be my reading of the situation. We've beaten St Vincents, Slaughtneil, Cork, Dublin and Down all in the last few weeks. Word from Donegal is that things aren't rosy with players scattered all over the country at various colleges so they can't even train during the week.
I genuinely believe we'll take them in Healy. Won't be easy but the team and management is there to do it.

rrhf

I smell a rat with these post... hmmm

RedHandTom

Quote from: rrhf on February 10, 2017, 02:29:07 AM
I smell a rat with these post... hmmm

Aye good man. Nothing wrong with a bit of posativity. You should try it.

Tyrone95

Team named for the Dublin game: 1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc (56)
2 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail (14)
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin (57)
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór (92)
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair (48)
6 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin (110)
7 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór (16)
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh (128)
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn (35)
10 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh (16)
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór (23)
12 – Declan McClure – Cluain Eo (6)
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc (67)
14 – Cathal McShane – E. R. Uí Néill (22)
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh (60)

Mattie donnelly going to be a massive miss but no point risking him this early in the season..

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Tyrone95 on February 10, 2017, 10:55:17 AM
Team named for the Dublin game: 1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc (56)
2 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail (14)
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin (57)
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór (92)
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair (48)
6 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin (110)
7 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór (16)
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh (128)
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn (35)
10 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh (16)
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór (23)
12 – Declan McClure – Cluain Eo (6)
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc (67)
14 – Cathal McShane – E. R. Uí Néill (22)
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh (60)

Mattie donnelly going to be a massive miss but no point risking him this early in the season..
Looking at the Dublin team and with no Mattie i think changes are inevitable before throw in tonight. Would expect Sean Cavanagh and Rory Brennan to come in, maybe ( and hopefully) Mark Bradley as well. Otherwise i can see it being a long night with a struggle for scores.

Fuzzman

Who do you think will make way Gael?

RedHandTom

I think we'll tighten the dubs. OK our lack of scoring power is a problem but the way we set up is more advanced than Cavan and they kept Dublin quiet for long spells.
Anyone know the story with Richie Donnelly?

an léirmheastóir

Not a bad performance tight at the back hard to break down but up front we are lacking. Need to be converting those chances last night we kicked wide or dropped short over 50% of our shots/chances same last week. Hopefully it's early enough in the season to rectify this problem as it's the same issue stopped us in the previous two all Ireland campaigns

RedHandTom

Watched highlights there and have to say that was a really decent showing for this time of year. OK the blanket defence can be hard to watch but the individual performance of young Sudden was a joy to watch. I watched him a few years back playing sweeper for st Marys in Sigerson and he was deadly but he came of age on Saturday night.

Il Bomber Destro

Were Loughran and Cassidy cut from the panel or just still injured?

GaelTheGael

The way things are going it's looking like McClure is nailed down for a midfield slot this year. Has been hugely impressive so far this year. Hope this is the case and allows Mattie to move to a more advanced position. Would be dissapointed if Mattie is at 6, takes too much away from his attacking game.
Would love too see Mattie Sludden Harte lined out at 10,11,12. Be a fearsome proposition for anyone.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GaelTheGael on February 13, 2017, 12:01:01 PM
The way things are going it's looking like McClure is nailed down for a midfield slot this year. Has been hugely impressive so far this year. Hope this is the case and allows Mattie to move to a more advanced position. Would be dissapointed if Mattie is at 6, takes too much away from his attacking game.
Would love too see Mattie Sludden Harte lined out at 10,11,12. Be a fearsome proposition for anyone.

Agreed. Having a couple more options around the middle could let Mattie spend some time in Full Forward. The way we play he'll never spend a full game in there (and it would be a waste if he did) but if he could do a couple of ten minute rotations in there during a game i think it would give us a great outlet and allow us to mix it up a bit more.

I can't see  Mattie playing at 6 when we get everybody back fit. We have plenty of options for the half back like with the likes of Justy, McNabb, Brennan, the two McGearys, Munroe and even McCrory and Frank Burns probably competing for 2 spots alongside Tiernan McCann (assuming Petey Harte lines out at 10).