Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Any word on whether Mickey will give Burns the call?

WT4E

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2016/04/12/news/tyrone-gaa-manager-mickey-harte-pays-tribute-to-retiring-pj-quinn-483708/

PJ Quinn now gone didn't even realise he had the celtic cross in the hip pocket - should be a good boost to Moortown this year

WT4E

Was also just thinking to myself there would PJ be one of the last tradesmen to play for the county? They where the norm years ago but the demands of the game mean that they are an endangered species which is a sad IMO!

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on April 13, 2016, 09:31:58 AM
Was also just thinking to myself there would PJ be one of the last tradesmen to play for the county? They where the norm years ago but the demands of the game mean that they are an endangered species which is a sad IMO!

Not sure if he's still working at the trade but I know he opened a women's sports clothing shop in cookstown a while back.

winghalfback

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 13, 2016, 10:48:43 AM
Burns and Fox called up.
http://teamtalkmag.com/2016/04/county-senior-call-ups-for-fox-and-burns/

Great news for both lads but I don't think either would make some of the top club teams in the county

redhandofgod

WHAT???? your heads away, Fox plays for Killyclogher, one of the top teams, beaten in county final last year! also started for UUJ ahead on the Monaghan keeper! Burns has been a starter for the Tyrone U21 the last 3 years and starter for UUJ the last 2 years. What club team would they not start for????

TF15

Disagree about Burns. However, I'd say that Fox certainly isn't the 3rd best GK in Tyrone. The fact he's called in is more due to his understanding of the Tyrone system/kickout strategy.

square_ball

Burns would make any club team in Tyrone. And as for goalkeepers I don't think there's any real outstanding club goalkeeper from what I have seen the past few years. Who would you call up instead of fox?

winghalfback

Quote from: redhandofgod on April 13, 2016, 05:25:15 PM
WHAT???? your heads away, Fox plays for Killyclogher, one of the top teams, beaten in county final last year! also started for UUJ ahead on the Monaghan keeper! Burns has been a starter for the Tyrone U21 the last 3 years and starter for UUJ the last 2 years. What club team would they not start for????

Fox wouldn't make Coalisland Clonoe dromore or errigal teams burns wouldn't make Coalisland Clonoe omagh dromore carrickmore teams

Club boi

ose 14

what a nonesenscial argument. sean fox is there on merit and rightly so hes already played league and has a wealth of underage experience ,for him not to make certain club teams is a pure dung argument. im sure the only club team he has to make is his own club team hes been incredibly consistent for his club and deserves a chance. as for burns havent seen enough of him but im sure he will provide suitable cover and act as the usual cannon fodder for the famous inhouse games ahem. feel for the plunketts along with trillick and ourselves crucified by the cumbersome panel numbers. clonoe have it right 2 players arnd no more and if your not starting tell mickey to pick a few younger pilgrims. 

Redhand Santa

I assume someone is on the wind up about burns.

Also having county players didn't do trillick any harm last year. They won the championship with 4 of them. Killyclogher got to the final with 3/4 as well. The year before that omagh won it with about 6.

Out of interest how many players do you think Harte should have in the squad? Do you think he should make ten changes every week to keep everyone happy?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ose 14 on April 13, 2016, 10:17:22 PM
what a nonesenscial argument. sean fox is there on merit and rightly so hes already played league and has a wealth of underage experience ,for him not to make certain club teams is a pure dung argument. im sure the only club team he has to make is his own club team hes been incredibly consistent for his club and deserves a chance. as for burns havent seen enough of him but im sure he will provide suitable cover and act as the usual cannon fodder for the famous inhouse games ahem. feel for the plunketts along with trillick and ourselves crucified by the cumbersome panel numbers. clonoe have it right 2 players arnd no more and if your not starting tell mickey to pick a few younger pilgrims.

How many does Harte have in the squad at the minute. From this season if you're not in the 26 named in Thursday you can play in that weekend's league game- if there is a game on. That's correct isn't it?

However that still means that in the previous weekend e.g weekend before Derry v Tyrone you miss out.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

Think there was around 34/35 for the league. That included pj Quinn, joe McMahon, McKenna, mcnabb who were injured. Also included 3 u21s who were unavailable for a good bit of it.