Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

McCurry is still only around 23. Very harsh to be talking about someone not having the bottle etc so young. Plenty of players who went on to become top players were only breaking into county teams at that stage. He improved a lot last year and could well do so again this year.

WT4E

McCurry starts for me every day in the big games - he's a classy forward.

I always thought of him as a player that would come alive in the good day within a championship situation.

On another note – I was never convinced about Meyler but now I am!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 10:20:07 AM

I always thought of him as a player that would come alive in the good day within a championship situation.

This.

Think McCurry has had plenty of big games for us already and only turns 23 this year. Meyler did ok last year when he came into the senior team but he looks like he could really kick on this year and be a really big player for us.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 25, 2016, 10:38:28 AM
Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2016, 10:20:07 AM

This.

Think McCurry has had plenty of big games for us already and only turns 23 this year. Meyler did ok last year when he came into the senior team but he looks like he could really kick on this year and be a really big player for us.

Think Meyler is perfect for that half forward/ Ryan McHugh role, he can run all day. Looks to have bulked up a bit during the winter too which is encouraging and should help him break the tackle more often

laceer

Harry Og Conlon and Patrick Quinn dropped for the league according to Hoganstand - any others?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: laceer on January 26, 2016, 10:07:06 AM
Harry Og Conlon and Patrick Quinn dropped for the league according to Hoganstand - any others?

Yeah think that's it, going forward with a big panel by the sounds of it. Few lads could struggle to get much game time, although potentially (all being well) there could be more scope to rotate in Div 2 than Div 1.

driveherin

And Mulgrew is still in??? That's comical!!!

Archie Mitchell

WT4E

Quote from: driveherin on January 14, 2016, 08:56:47 AM
SO.....how are the new recruits getting on? Hugh Pat seems to have started well and picked up MOM last night....
What about the rest of them? Kieran McGeary? Harry Conlan? David Mulgrew (out of his depth?)

Quote from: driveherin on January 14, 2016, 12:35:07 PM
I heard the only reason Mulgrew was there is because he is Horse's wee project!! Played about 4 games for Ardboe last year....not on u21 squad....am I missing something???

Quote from: driveherin on January 18, 2016, 12:34:08 PM
Whos in danger of the chop???
Big Joe? McShane? Mulgrew? P Quinn? Munroe? Conlan? McKenna?

Quote from: driveherin on January 26, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

So whats your game? Are you a disgruntled young man that never got a crack at the county? Are you a Moortown man?

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with D Mulgrew.

I have only seen Mulgrew play club once and I thought he was good and hopefully he'll make it and I hear he's a great prospect but to come on here and continually run down a lad whose 19 is a bit OTT would you not agree.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 26, 2016, 11:43:59 AM

How is that comical?

Mulgrew is clearly on the panel this year for experience. Maybe he won't play too much (remember he will be involved with the u21s and I'm guessing he'll be one of their main men) but the management obviously see serious potential there and it isn't hard to see why seeing as he played county minors for 3 seasons. Can't see why anyone would have a problem including him on the panel, can only be a good thing for him to be exposed to training with the likes of Cavanagh etc and the increased strength and conditioning. Also by all accounts he impressed against Derry up in Owenbeg so I can definitely see the worth in keeping him on the panel.

driveherin

I have no problem with the lad....but...If he wasn't horse's nephew, he wouldn't be there!! There are better options in Tyrone than him. Frank Burns for one!!! 5'7" and 11stone (if that) ain't gonna cut it....simple

Tyrone Gaa

There should be more cuts to follow.  I can see clubs kicking off when their main men cant play football and are not getting county football.  Micky shouldn't need to carry such a large squad.  Is he afraid to make a decision or afraid of upsetting a man or 2?  Will we have a repeat of last year when men walked away from the squad disillusioned with the set-up!!
Living the dream!!!

driveherin

hes carrying a large squad for his in house games...

bigpackiechestout

What kind of numbers are we actually talking about? So from last years squad there was initially 7 lads added, and conlan has since been cut.

Paddy Quinn has also been cut and Pete Hughes and Danny McBride have left the panel. I believe Niall McKenna and PJ Quinn and still offically on the panel but are long term injuries. Big Joe and Ronan McNabb are also long term injuries and then you have Mcshane, Lee Brennan and Mulgrew that are still u21s and will presumably be training with them sometimes. Add in a few other random injuries that will inevitably occur and suddenly the panel doesnt look that big

redhandefender

I only seen Mulgrew play against Derry the first day and to be honest he was one of the better players. His workrate was great and caused a lot of problems.

Quinn and Conlon looked sluggish Saturday night and completely of the pace. I think Mulgrew earned himself another look.