Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Any word on whether any of the panel members are playing with their respective universities like the previous year in the McKenna Cup?

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Uncle Kev

I want to share a secret with all my fellow Tyrone Gaels! Mickey Hartes young Bulls will not be taking the backdoor route this year! Have you got my message yet? Put your trunks on Tyrone to win Ulster! Can't advise on the minors hopes as that Paul Devlin has no great record in management ! The teams he managed picked themselves ! Clonoe is my shout for the county title as they will have prude to restore in their centenary year! And Joe McCabe always smiles at me ! That sways me towards the Rahillys ! 2016 the year of the warrior ! Bring her on !

EastTyrone

Quote from: Uncle Kev on January 01, 2016, 07:50:37 PM
I want to share a secret with all my fellow Tyrone Gaels! Mickey Hartes young Bulls will not be taking the backdoor route this year! Have you got my message yet? Put your trunks on Tyrone to win Ulster! Can't advise on the minors hopes as that Paul Devlin has no great record in management ! The teams he managed picked themselves ! Clonoe is my shout for the county title as they will have prude to restore in their centenary year! And Joe McCabe always smiles at me ! That sways me towards the Rahillys ! 2016 the year of the warrior ! Bring her on !

Warrior in Irish translates to Fianna so you must be talking about the Island!

winghalfback

Quote from: EastTyrone on January 03, 2016, 09:27:46 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on January 01, 2016, 07:50:37 PM

Warrior in Irish translates to Fianna so you must be talking about the Island!

Lol 😂

Il Bomber Destro

I see Harte was talking about having to cut the panel after the McKenna Cup. Anyone have an idea what's the number we'll be going with? We had 34 at the end of last year I think.

At the moment we seem to be running with 39, including the lads that are currently play with colleges and otherwise unavailable at this time.

I'm assuming Niall McKenna is still involved, think I read Mickey saying he was injured along with McNabb and Joe McMahon. I think he's good enough but has had some bad luck, he was excellent against Cavan in the McKenna Cup last year but seemed to be one of the fall guys for the Monaghan game and didn't get back in for the rest of the league and now misses the pre-season games. I'd say he's very likely to face the cull. Harte also was quite demanding when he spoke about McMahon needing to get up to scratch fitness wise very soon so he could be another under threat.

Seems to be real competition this year, you could see in previous years guys like McGuigan, McBride, Hughes, Emmett McKenna just didn't look up to the job and were going to see little action come Championship, the lads on the fringes this year all seem to be making a big impact.

Is there any chance we'll add others from the university teams now like Grugan or Frank Burns? Conall McCann seemed to join the senior panel very much under the radar last year after Mary's involvement came to a halt.

redhandofgod

Frank Burns is U21 again this year, his 3rd year starting so there is a fair chance he will be in the senior set up soon enough.

Mikhailov

Quote from: redhandofgod on January 15, 2016, 10:17:17 PM
Frank Burns is U21 again this year, his 3rd year starting so there is a fair chance he will be in the senior set up soon enough.

Starting ?? Is the team picked already !! Plenty of good lads were great players a year early but never made it in last year. I hope you are not jinxing Frank as he is a fine player

redhandofgod

He's started the last 2 years....id say there a fair chance he'll start again this year 8) 8)

GaelTheGael

Quote from: redhandofgod on January 15, 2016, 10:42:18 PM
He's started the last 2 years....id say there a fair chance he'll start again this year 8) 8)
Started on all the Jordanstown Ryan Cup games as well, no easy thing to do when they have 23 senior inter-county players to choose from.
I would say he is a safe bet to start for the under 21s if fit at all and the most obvious player to be called up to the senior panel once the under 21s are finished.

clarshack

GaelTheGael

Quote from: clarshack on January 16, 2016, 08:45:35 PM
Is the u-21 squad listed anywhere?
Not yet but will probably be out before the Shamrock Cup.

Norf Tyrone

With the league starting next week is there any established players in danger of missing out?

I think I read that Harte has around 45 players to pick from, so you'd expect a cull of a dozen or so.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

I think he's been working of a panel of around 37 or 38. I'd say 2 or 3 max will go. As he said yesterday there's a few long term injuries like Joe, McKenna and McNabb so that will drop the numbers for a good chunk of the league.

redhandefender

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 18, 2016, 10:42:53 AM
I think he's been working of a panel of around 37 or 38. I'd say 2 or 3 max will go. As he said yesterday there's a few long term injuries like Joe, McKenna and McNabb so that will drop the numbers for a good chunk of the league.

Mc Kenna is set to come back in for league. Definitely players in danger, Big Joe could be depending on what way the injury is. For me Sludden, HP Mc Geary and Richie Donnelly have all grasped their chance and could definitely make a difference, Hampsey to doesn't look out of place.

I think we still lack a corner forward though and Brennan should get the nod as first choice