Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Quote from: inroundthesquare on February 23, 2020, 05:08:46 PM
Tyrone missed far too many chances early on - the Cavanagh goal chance and must have hit 4 or 5 off the post.. stat came up around the 30min mark, Galway 9/12 scores, Tyrone 4/13, summed it up. Tyrone gave the ball away so cheaply at times whereas Galway didn't.
First red card very harsh, rarely see them given.
McShane injury is an awful blow if as bad as it looks.
Was actually only 3 points in it 0-14 to 0-11 with about 20 minutes left.. Galway got the penalty (was Rafferty marking Comer - strange every attack - Tyrone had threw in the towel (not a good sign) and kept giving away dreadful passes in attack any time we did have it.
Hard to single out bad performances there but Peter Harte's body language was terrible, looked like he didn't want to know

He is the prime example of the many players who need a new man at the helm.  Familiarity breeds contempt and I think he and others would benefit from being forced out of their comfort zone that comes with uncle Micky being there forever

southtyronegael

Cruel twist of fate for Mc Shane, speedy recovery to the lad. 2 huge last games against Donegal and mayo who look to be in the relegation zone. Less said about today the better. One thing really bugs me though, in a game we were chasing we made 5 substitutions, only one of the lads that came on was a forward. Negative mindset still persists.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 23, 2020, 09:02:19 PM
Cruel twist of fate for Mc Shane, speedy recovery to the lad. 2 huge last games against Donegal and mayo who look to be in the relegation zone. Less said about today the better. One thing really bugs me though, in a game we were chasing we made 5 substitutions, only one of the lads that came on was a forward. Negative mindset still persists.

To be fair we were a man down.

I'd like to have seen Coney come on but I'd be more worried about the options on the bench, seemed to be loaded with defenders. Kerr got 40 minutes last week against Kerry where we struggled to play any ball into him against a gale force wind and then gets dropped from the match day squad today.

We're lost without McShane now, he gives a target there and our attack some identity. There would be big questions over Mattie Donnelly's involvement this year too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyroneman

Numerous missed goal chances in the first half, poor discipline, poor execution of the basics, a harsh sending off, McShane getting injured  and a total collapse after the penalty, which came after there was just 3 in it.

A strange, strange game where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for Tyrone (and vice-versa for Galway)

you have to winder if a new voice is necessary as everything seems a little stale

GetOverTheBar

Not a lot has been made of it, but that field wasn't really in any way decent shape to play football.

Edendork managed to get themselves sorted in a storm at the time, yes the pitch was a mess but at least they had the grass cut. Galway have no excuses for that yesterday unless it was a ploy which you would imagine they had thought out

That of course doesn't in any way try and explain the loss yesterday. Disastrous. The only thing is, Tyrone have an instant chance to change things once more on Saturday night.

Stan

Quote from: tyroneman on February 24, 2020, 09:31:00 AM
Numerous missed goal chances in the first half, poor discipline, poor execution of the basics, a harsh sending off, McShane getting injured  and a total collapse after the penalty, which came after there was just 3 in it.

A strange, strange game where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for Tyrone (and vice-versa for Galway)

you have to winder if a new voice is necessary as everything seems a little stale

It's hard to see anything other than a new voice at this stage

trueblue1234

Quote from: Stan on February 24, 2020, 10:55:45 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on February 24, 2020, 09:31:00 AM

It's hard to see anything other than a new voice at this stage

Mickey isn't going to go mid season. I think he'll step away after the season is over. I hope for his sake that he can pull the team together after gaining McShane and losing him again so quickly. I would like to see Mickey bow out on a reasonably successful season (I still can't see past anyone but Dublin).

So discussions around a new voice, time for a change etc are better left for later in the year. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

We're making progress. We're moving forward. Harte must be rewarded with another 3 year contract.

GaaFanatic123

Look all we can do is back Mickey and the boys, its more than likely going to be his final year and he deserves all the backing he can get and not slated all the time, after all he's done for the County I think he deserves it!
I personally don't think this will be a good season but there's nothing I can do about it and what's the point on giving out now at this stage, Mickey knows himself its not looking good and why I believe he will leave himself at the end of the season

The_Slug

Tyrone to get the house in order come the summer, make the super 8s and an all-ireland semi but no further than that. I wouldnt be very surprised if harte was offered a year or two extension then, same as the last time he was supposed to leave.

Pearse Blue

We looked ridiculously slow, all over the pitch. Even McNammee who has been our most consistent player over the years looks off the pace. Albeit, following one of the most on form forwards in the country at the minute but the way we are playing is not what would've been associated with Tyrone.

Reading above people saying Cavanagh is done and McCann isn't at the level. I agree, but who the f*ck do we have good enough to replace these boys.. Very dark day for Tyrone and Mickey and I think Ballybofey will be darker again after watching them on TV on Saturday night

Pearse Blue

Quote from: The_Slug on February 24, 2020, 12:07:51 PM
Tyrone to get the house in order come the summer, make the super 8s and an all-ireland semi but no further than that. I wouldnt be very surprised if harte was offered a year or two extension then, same as the last time he was supposed to leave.
Surely, surely not

The_Slug

Quote from: Pearse Blue on February 24, 2020, 12:16:50 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on February 24, 2020, 12:07:51 PM
Surely, surely not

Like everyone else i think a new man in charge has been needed for the last few years... but if they do well this year, there is always a chance he could stay on.

Tyrone county board unpredictable at the best of times.

trailer

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 24, 2020, 12:01:24 PM
Look all we can do is back Mickey and the boys, its more than likely going to be his final year and he deserves all the backing he can get and not slated all the time, after all he's done for the County I think he deserves it!
I personally don't think this will be a good season but there's nothing I can do about it and what's the point on giving out now at this stage, Mickey knows himself its not looking good and why I believe he will leave himself at the end of the season

All he has done is turn us into the Rangers of the GAA hated far and wide. The man is an arsehole.

square_ball

Quote from: trailer on February 24, 2020, 12:23:05 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 24, 2020, 12:01:24 PM

All he has done is turn us into the Rangers of the GAA hated far and wide. The man is an arsehole.

Would you call him an arsehole to his face? Or just on an Internet forum?