Quote from: smelmoth on April 09, 2021, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on April 09, 2021, 01:01:15 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 12:48:19 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 09, 2021, 12:33:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2021, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 08, 2021, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 08, 2021, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 08, 2021, 02:00:00 PM
Embarrassing stuff from Mallon in Stormont today. Not a hint of awareness of their own little contribution to the events that are happening now.

Which was?

Calling the Assembly together over the refusal to accept the Bobby Storey verdict. They jumped into the bed with the DUP and unionists to ratchet up tensions because they could score some political points over a funeral that happened 9 months ago.

Hold on, the events at Storeys funeral should have and where looked at, they were wrong on so many levels. The results came back from that report and the DUP were outraged, which is fair enough considering the rule breaking that went on. Storey having that send off while we had limited numbers at my dads sticks in my throat.

The issues of the protocol and sea border are just other issues that have been stoked up to send these halions out onto the streets.

If the SDLP stepped out of line regarding a funeral, SF would have reacted with same comments.

You're no different to sticking the boot into political parties than Sid.

100% SF were wrong at the Storey funeral, but the SDLP calling this out whilst ignoring the breaches at Humes funeral and that of the Garda funeral illustrates their only current policy which is to attack SF at every opportunity. This is every bit as hypocritical as SF and the Storey Funeral.

Wile big difference between the Hume and Storey funerals, night and day, what were the breaches at the Hume one, genuine question.
Maintaining social distance of 2m for a start. Martin and Eastwood pictures talking in to each others ears. I'm not having a go. I would have the same view as apples. The Storey funeral was completely wrong but other parties jumping on North and South was complete hypocrisy.

2 people breaking their own discipline and not maintaining the 2m separation is not good enough. I roundly condemn them. Is that on the same scale as the mass and orchestrated breach of the Storey funeral? Absolutely not. I would be embarrassed for any poor fool who thought the 2 were equivalent or meant that SF should not be accountable for the Storey funeral
Look that was just one instance. There was plenty. But I didn't mention it in order to drag up a debate. Just referencing it for hypocrisy. Do I think the Storey funeral was a bigger f**k up and OG by SF? Absolutely. Do I think there was more organising that went in to it in encouraging grass roots republicans to attend? Absolutely. No doubt. But I think political point scoring over a funeral is completely crass, and all parties would have been aware that the likely hood is they will be in the same boat sooner or later regarding a funeral or something else but still got stuck in. Still going on about it 9 months later. I also say a big difference between the two was what the family wanted. The Hume family actively tried to encourage people to stay away. Fair play to them. That is not a dig at the Storey family, as we all know funerals are extremely emotive, I do not blame them in the slightest, and I have no problem whatsoever what any families wishes are. Grief is extremely difficult. I attended an uncles during covid when I probably shouldn't have, cousins aunty hugging you. What are you going to say? Back off? It's far too emotive, and like I said I think point scoring on it is crass. It was rightly called out at the time but it should have been left at that. I think the major thing SF got wrong with it was Mary Lou and MON attending. I think optics wise them missing it would have maintained a better public health message, but SF would have still took some flack. Like I said I think a lot of the criticism aimed at SF is hypocritical, and more to do with who was in the casket than anything else, and a few people on here and politicians from other parties have let the mask slip on that one.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 12:48:19 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 09, 2021, 12:33:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2021, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 08, 2021, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 08, 2021, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 08, 2021, 02:00:00 PM
Embarrassing stuff from Mallon in Stormont today. Not a hint of awareness of their own little contribution to the events that are happening now.

Which was?

Calling the Assembly together over the refusal to accept the Bobby Storey verdict. They jumped into the bed with the DUP and unionists to ratchet up tensions because they could score some political points over a funeral that happened 9 months ago.

Hold on, the events at Storeys funeral should have and where looked at, they were wrong on so many levels. The results came back from that report and the DUP were outraged, which is fair enough considering the rule breaking that went on. Storey having that send off while we had limited numbers at my dads sticks in my throat.

The issues of the protocol and sea border are just other issues that have been stoked up to send these halions out onto the streets.

If the SDLP stepped out of line regarding a funeral, SF would have reacted with same comments.

You're no different to sticking the boot into political parties than Sid.

100% SF were wrong at the Storey funeral, but the SDLP calling this out whilst ignoring the breaches at Humes funeral and that of the Garda funeral illustrates their only current policy which is to attack SF at every opportunity. This is every bit as hypocritical as SF and the Storey Funeral.

Wile big difference between the Hume and Storey funerals, night and day, what were the breaches at the Hume one, genuine question.
Watch it again, no social distancing and crowds gathered on the route. but this was not controllable, neither were the crowds at the Storey or garda funeral. and you know whilst i wouldn't have done it I can understand why people wanted to attend these but no hypocrisy please.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2021, 01:04:52 PM
If anyone thinks there was breaches at the Hume funeral then they are welcome to make a compliant to the PSNI. The fact that nobody has indicates that they don't believe there has been any breaches.
Furthermore, being within two meters of someone is not breaking the law. If it is please show me this in the Coronavirus regulations.
Christ look at the evidence, difference is that SF put marshals in place and there was a degree of organisation. Personally I would not have attended any of these but I don't blame those that did, just don't be hypocritical.

Applesisapples

A point to note here, throwing a missile at police is criminal. Breaking Covid regs is like getting a speeding ticket. Perspective please.

dublin7

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 09, 2021, 08:31:52 PM
A point to note here, throwing a missile at police is criminal. Breaking Covid regs is like getting a speeding ticket. Perspective please.

A point to note here, Covid is a highly contagious and potentially fatal virus. Large gatherings should not be organized to for health reasons.

Large gatherings are a breeding ground for Covid and have led to major outbreaks. Put that into perspective

charlieTully

9 months of nolan pointing out breaches at the Greeks funeral coming up. 5 live every weekend. Can't wait.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: charlieTully on April 09, 2021, 09:05:21 PM
9 months of nolan pointing out breaches at the Greeks funeral coming up. 5 live every weekend. Can't wait.

Phil the Greek didn't live here and doesn't make our laws ,

charlieTully

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 09:31:03 PM

Ah ok. This not part of the United Kingdom then. Wtf have we been fighting for all these years. I don't agree with Sf actions at the Storey funeral but the level of hypocrisy is staggering.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: charlieTully on April 09, 2021, 09:38:05 PM

Ah ok. This not part of the United Kingdom then. Wtf have we been fighting for all these years. I don't agree with Sf actions at the Storey funeral but the level of hypocrisy is staggering.

I don't think a funeral in England should be of any interest to a people ruled by devolved govt, they are on a different pathway to recovery from us in England and it should be of little  interest to us here what they do at their funerals .

charlieTully

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 09:43:37 PM

I don't think a funeral in England should be of any interest to a people ruled by devolved govt, they are on a different pathway to recovery from us in England and it should be of little  interest to us here what they do at their funerals .

Very true. But nolan the champion of outrage at the Storey funeral has a show on 5 live as you know. I'm interested to see will he have the same level of outrage should there be covid regulations breaches at phillys funeral.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: charlieTully on April 09, 2021, 09:51:06 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 09:43:37 PM

Very true. But nolan the champion of outrage at the Storey funeral has a show on 5 live as you know. I'm interested to see will he have the same level of outrage should there be covid regulations breaches at phillys funeral.

Canny see it for many reasons

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on April 09, 2021, 08:37:26 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 09, 2021, 08:31:52 PM

A point to note here, Covid is a highly contagious and potentially fatal virus. Large gatherings should not be organized to for health reasons.

Large gatherings are a breeding ground for Covid and have led to major outbreaks. Put that into perspective

Agreed. Equally as true for the funeral for the funeral of a Republican as for a Garda.

Snapchap

In a week where there has been the worst loyalist riots for almost a decade, the resident stoops of the board are jumping up and down to keep people taking about SF and Bobby Storey. Yis are a microsm of what 's wrong with the SDLP: nothing constructive to offer what-so-ever, bar attacking SF. Typically, the only ones who seem to have been impressed by the SDLP assembly recall last week for instance, have been the likes of Trailer and Eamon. Most people can look at it and see how it (predictably) achieved nothing but a ratheting up of tensions. Even the DUP (albeit for selfish reasons of fearing an election) were attempting to focus their criticisms on the police rather than SF in order to avoid a political crisis for the institutions...that was until the SDLP stepped up and recalled the assembly in order to grandstand about SF and egg the DUP on to get stuck in too. They can deny it all they like but they have to take a not insignificant share of the responsibility for the violence that followed.

I've repeatedly criticised the SF actions at the funeral. The height of irresponsible and downright stupid behaviour. The thing is though, that I as a SF supporter can say that. The SDLP chaps here who jump up and down about that funeral though are not so much avoiding talking about, but activley defending/denying covid breaches at John Hume's funeral by their party leader amongst others. Clearly not as many breaches at the Storey funeral but when you want to pretend your motivations are not party political, then defending the covid breaches by your own party leader at another funeral, well it just makes you look like the sort of ghoul that is taking pleasure in using a funeral for pure political point scoring. Not a good look when you're trying to appear like you're on a moral high ground.

Milltown Row2

Tit for tat politics. That'll certainly bring us into a UI, pathetic stuff from all sides involved in this. When there are times that taking the morally right position we shoot ourselves in the foot, and so it rages on.

This place is depressing, Whats even more depressing is reading social media comments. Forget about a UI with our current parties in government. Never going to happen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2021, 09:42:48 AM
Tit for tat politics. That'll certainly bring us into a UI, pathetic stuff from all sides involved in this. When there are times that taking the morally right position we shoot ourselves in the foot, and so it rages on.

This place is depressing, Whats even more depressing is reading social media comments. Forget about a UI with our current parties in government. Never going to happen

Nail on the head, whattsapp would make you ill. Scrape the surface stuff. Grown men making up and sending memes, the loyalist riots sending boys into frenzied teenage sectarian banter