Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 12:48:19 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 09, 2021, 12:33:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2021, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 08, 2021, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 08, 2021, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 08, 2021, 02:00:00 PM
Embarrassing stuff from Mallon in Stormont today. Not a hint of awareness of their own little contribution to the events that are happening now.

Which was?

Calling the Assembly together over the refusal to accept the Bobby Storey verdict. They jumped into the bed with the DUP and unionists to ratchet up tensions because they could score some political points over a funeral that happened 9 months ago.

Hold on, the events at Storeys funeral should have and where looked at, they were wrong on so many levels. The results came back from that report and the DUP were outraged, which is fair enough considering the rule breaking that went on. Storey having that send off while we had limited numbers at my dads sticks in my throat.

The issues of the protocol and sea border are just other issues that have been stoked up to send these halions out onto the streets.

If the SDLP stepped out of line regarding a funeral, SF would have reacted with same comments.

You're no different to sticking the boot into political parties than Sid.

100% SF were wrong at the Storey funeral, but the SDLP calling this out whilst ignoring the breaches at Humes funeral and that of the Garda funeral illustrates their only current policy which is to attack SF at every opportunity. This is every bit as hypocritical as SF and the Storey Funeral.

Wile big difference between the Hume and Storey funerals, night and day, what were the breaches at the Hume one, genuine question.
Maintaining social distance of 2m for a start. Martin and Eastwood pictures talking in to each others ears. I'm not having a go. I would have the same view as apples. The Storey funeral was completely wrong but other parties jumping on North and South was complete hypocrisy.

trailer

If anyone thinks there was breaches at the Hume funeral then they are welcome to make a compliant to the PSNI. The fact that nobody has indicates that they don't believe there has been any breaches.
Furthermore, being within two meters of someone is not breaking the law. If it is please show me this in the Coronavirus regulations.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2021, 01:04:52 PM
If anyone thinks there was breaches at the Hume funeral then they are welcome to make a compliant to the PSNI. The fact that nobody has indicates that they don't believe there has been any breaches.
Furthermore, being within two meters of someone is not breaking the law. If it is please show me this in the Coronavirus regulations.
In that case, can you then point out what laws SF broke at the Bobby storey funeral?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on April 09, 2021, 01:01:15 PM
Embarrassing stuff from Mallon in Stormont today. Not a hint of awareness of their own little contribution to the events that are happening now.

Which was?

Calling the Assembly together over the refusal to accept the Bobby Storey verdict. They jumped into the bed with the DUP and unionists to ratchet up tensions because they could score some political points over a funeral that happened 9 months ago.

Hold on, the events at Storeys funeral should have and where looked at, they were wrong on so many levels. The results came back from that report and the DUP were outraged, which is fair enough considering the rule breaking that went on. Storey having that send off while we had limited numbers at my dads sticks in my throat.

The issues of the protocol and sea border are just other issues that have been stoked up to send these halions out onto the streets.

If the SDLP stepped out of line regarding a funeral, SF would have reacted with same comments.

100% SF were wrong at the Storey funeral, but the SDLP calling this out whilst ignoring the breaches at Humes funeral and that of the Garda funeral illustrates their only current policy which is to attack SF at every opportunity. This is every bit as hypocritical as SF and the Storey Funeral.

Wile big difference between the Hume and Storey funerals, night and day, what were the breaches at the Hume one, genuine question.
Maintaining social distance of 2m for a start. Martin and Eastwood pictures talking in to each others ears. I'm not having a go. I would have the same view as apples. The Storey funeral was completely wrong but other parties jumping on North and South was complete hypocrisy.

I did see a photo on here of that or somewhere(think wearing masks), agreed against the rules but on a massively different scale, they would have been best to say nowt because the public already know that both parties took completely different approaches.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 09, 2021, 01:07:10 PM
In that case, can you then point out what laws SF broke at the Bobby storey funeral?

The party orchestrated a well oiled mass gathering with leadership and entourage in tow, pissed over everyone, its past debate. Every member here in Derry got asked to attend, wee Andy(where do you begin, i really have to houl my tongue with him) co-ordinated it in Derry. By whattsapp, text and email

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 01:24:14 PM

The party orchestrated a well oiled mass gathering with leadership and entourage in tow, pissed over everyone, its past debate. Every member here in Derry got asked to attend, wee Andy(where do you begin, i really have to houl my tongue with him) co-ordinated it in Derry. By whattsapp, text and email
Which laws were broken though?
As trailer claims, being within two metres of someone isn't breaking the law. So this "mass gathering" wouldn't stand up in court for that reason, and as we know no one was charged.
So it would be great if he could point out and give evidence as to which laws were broken by SF.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 09, 2021, 01:27:52 PM

As trailer claims, being within two metres of someone isn't breaking the law. So this "mass gathering" wouldn't stand up in court for that reason, and as we know no one was charged.
So it would be great if he could point out and give evidence as to which laws were broken by SF.

The people know. We all know. Morally corrupt party

trailer

I'm not doing this.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 01:31:44 PM

Tell me then.
Same story with the stoops, exist only for the purpose of SF mudslinging but when challenged to give evidence they run for the hills.

GiveItToTheShooters

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 09, 2021, 01:33:52 PM

Tell me then.
Same story with the stoops, exist only for the purpose of SF mudslinging but when challenged to give evidence they run for the hills.

sigh big massive sigh, gone into the rules at the time yourself, i'm pretty sure 2 metre rule was broken(or 1 metre outside home or whatever it was),  there was well over 30 in chapel, no masks, group photos, speeches at Milltown, shaking hands, cortege blah blah blah. SF organised the whole shebang, wile odd how all these SF members  from all over Ireland just managed to show up in the exact same gear and position themselves like soldiers in organised fashion along the route . I'm not an SDLP voter, but they weren't calling the shots here at that time and aren't now, they should have kept quiet on the funeral as I said already the electorate know the craic and are not stupid to the rights and wrongs of all of this.
Dont be coming back with some shite technicality either-it don't count in this case, and im not biting on it

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 09, 2021, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 09, 2021, 01:33:52 PM

Tell me then.

sigh big massive sigh, gone into the rules at the time yourself, i'm pretty sure 2 metre rule was broken(or 1 metre outside home or whatever it was),  there was well over 30 in chapel, no masks, group photos, speeches at Milltown, shaking hands, cortege blah blah blah. SF organised the whole shebang, wile odd how all these SF members  from all over Ireland just managed to show up in the exact same gear and position themselves like soldiers in organised fashion along the route . I'm not an SDLP voter, but they weren't calling the shots here at that time and aren't now, they should have kept quiet on the funeral as I said already the electorate know the craic and are not stupid to the rights and wrongs of all of this.
Dont be coming back with some shite technicality either-it don't count in this case, and im not biting on it
So you can't point out which laws were broken?
Grand so.

grounded

Quote from: trailer on April 08, 2021, 05:03:25 PM
Really impressed with how the SDLP have gone about their business lately. O'Toole, Mallon et all have been clear and very effective in their messaging. Easily the best performing political party when it comes to current issues in the North.

They actually do have some good speakers. The party went badly wrong after John hume left the stage and in particular the period with Ritchie and mcDonnell and the infighting that took place at that time was very damaging .
           Eastwood has definitely improved the fortunes of the party.
           I suppose the problem it has is its poor appeal to young nationalist voters who fail to understand what the party represents anymore. This isnt helped by some ill judged (in my opinion) actions by both the party and members/former members.
      I don't understand why they hitched themselves to Fianna Fail. Surely if any party was to be partnered with them it should have been the Irish labour party.
       Mark Durkan running for Fine Gael, Alisdair mcDonnell and Michael mcDowell.
        They have allowed their grassroots workers to almost dissappear in traditional heartlands such as my own in South Down.
         All very confusing and disheartening.

smelmoth

Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2021, 12:48:24 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 08, 2021, 09:24:55 PM

Which was?

I can understand SF not wanting scrutiny and accountability but why are you so keen for them not to scrutinised and held to account?

Did the PSNI not investigate and subsequently the PPS review this?
PSNI reviewed it to the criminal standard and thought it was criminal. PPS reviewed it to the same standard and identified 2 problems in securing a conviction.

Neither body said what SF did was ok.

smelmoth

Quote from: HiMucker on April 09, 2021, 01:01:15 PM

Which was?

2 people breaking their own discipline and not maintaining the 2m separation is not good enough. I roundly condemn them. Is that on the same scale as the mass and orchestrated breach of the Storey funeral? Absolutely not. I would be embarrassed for any poor fool who thought the 2 were equivalent or meant that SF should not be accountable for the Storey funeral