Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Best of luck to them. Nice to see them putting effort into that ground after amalgamation.

Is there anywhere with more details of what it will look like and more details of the facilities would be nice to see.

Onthe40

Quote from: Under Lights on September 01, 2022, 07:42:28 PM
Can you see any other amalgamations over the next few years?

Defo at youth level.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 01, 2022, 06:13:17 AM
Quote from: HalfBack7 on August 31, 2022, 11:07:07 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 27, 2022, 10:11:15 PM
I just noticed from looking at the dates/times/venues of the 1st round of championship games, I see that the JFC 1st Round tie between Coalisland thirds vs. Drumquin isn't listed. Safe to presume that Coalisland have withdrawn their thirds team completely for this year then with Drumquin getting a bye into the quarter finals? Nothing confirmed on the fixtures on the county website.

I see the game is now conceded by Coalisland on the County website. Surely a redraw for the junior championship is needed.
The way things stand Drumquin's opponents in the quarter final will already have played two championship games (prelim and 1st round) before meeting Drumquin in the quarter final.

A farce, County board are a disgrace for entertaining these thirds team and making a mockery of the junior league and championship.
What does that say about the 10 teams that finished below Errigal 3rds?
Donaghmore, with 2 fairly strong minor panels coming through will be competitive  the next few years.

Under Lights

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on September 01, 2022, 10:49:59 PM
I just noticed from looking at the dates/times/venues of the 1st round of championship games, I see that the JFC 1st Round tie between Coalisland thirds vs. Drumquin isn't listed. Safe to presume that Coalisland have withdrawn their thirds team completely for this year then with Drumquin getting a bye into the quarter finals? Nothing confirmed on the fixtures on the county website.

I see the game is now conceded by Coalisland on the County website. Surely a redraw for the junior championship is needed.
The way things stand Drumquin's opponents in the quarter final will already have played two championship games (prelim and 1st round) before meeting Drumquin in the quarter final.

A farce, County board are a disgrace for entertaining these thirds team and making a mockery of the junior league and championship.
Donaghmore, with 2 fairly strong minor panels coming through will be competitive  the next few years.

It has already been established that Errigal Ciaran with three clubs amalgamated into one, are the only team that has a reasonable chance of making it.

As for Donaghmore's strong minor panels, this is why we have an U19 competition.

County board need to have a serious think about situations like this, either set up a hobby league with regular fixtures or split D3 into D3A and D3B

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 06:10:09 AM

It has already been established that Errigal Ciaran with three clubs amalgamated into one, are the only team that has a reasonable chance of making it.

As for Donaghmore's strong minor panels, this is why we have an U19 competition.

County board need to have a serious think about situations like this, either set up a hobby league with regular fixtures or split D3 into D3A and D3B

Should all those Donaghmore lads just quit when they are 19 then? If Donaghmore have the numbers willing to commit and put the required effort in they should be accommodated, like Errigal were.
And for a bonus point name the 3 clubs that merged to form Errigal.

Tyrone11234

clarshack

any word on Tyrone GAA TV? I wouldn't think the Junior preliminary games next weekend would be profitable for them but there's some good games from the 15th onwards.

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2022, 09:54:28 AM

Should all those Donaghmore lads just quit when they are 19 then? If Donaghmore have the numbers willing to commit and put the required effort in they should be accommodated, like Errigal were.

Donaghmore already have two adult teams in adult to cater football for these lads, strong talk around here that they have approached Coalisland for points this weekend.

Tyrone Gaa

Donaghmore have had the capability to pull points out of the bag over the years on either through the phone or on the pitch. I think they will be safe enough this time even in defeat. I can't see Moortown beating Errigal.
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

cant see adult amalgamations anytime soon tbh.. running through the teams in junior and i would think all will be able to field senior teams at least for the forseeable.. would there be a chance of killyman-brocagh like they have at youth, though brocagh i think have good independent numbers at senior level
Gortin arent blessed with big numbers but are always at the top of div2

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 02, 2022, 12:32:17 PM
Donaghmore have had the capability to pull points out of the bag over the years on either through the phone or on the pitch. I think they will be safe enough this time even in defeat. I can't see Moortown beating Errigal.
Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 10:28:04 AM

Donaghmore already have two adult teams in adult to cater football for these lads, strong talk around here that they have approached Coalisland for points this weekend.
Donaghmore approaching Coalisland for points and Clonoe approaching Trillick for points this weekend.

RedHand88

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 02, 2022, 12:44:21 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 02, 2022, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2022, 10:28:04 AM

Donaghmore approaching Coalisland for points and Clonoe approaching Trillick for points this weekend.

Does this stuff actually happen?

Under Lights

You better believe it, Donaghmore have obtained more dodgy points over the years than their village has speed bumps.

clarshack

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 02, 2022, 12:44:21 PM

going on current form, Trillick should be beating Clonoe but Donaghmore V Fianna would be 50:50 anyway.