Show Your Support

Started by Leo, September 08, 2010, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

More from the Bridge

The Cove

School

Seven Bends

Gormans is getting a paint job at the minute.  More banners to go up tonight or tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

amallon

Some wag on the Ryan Road Mayobridge has a banner up saying "Dentist Dan take Sam home to Wee James' Caravan"!.  Its not even a 100 yards from James' Da's house.  James was having a laugh about it at the breakfast this morning.

EagleLord

UP DOWN on the mountain and the huge flag, theyre my favourite.

Leo

I'm told there was a big entry from schools and pictures will be in Irish News tomorrow.
Fierce tame altogether

Banana Man

i hear the car in ballymartin got torched last night by 'loyal sons of ulster' either that or a secret unit from armagh  :D

lecale4

The Bredagh boys got the bunting and flags up on thr Ormeau Road at last ;D

You can see in "Munster Flag" in the distance  :P

amallon

Great photo Lecale!

A few signs stole last night from the Ryan road and Aughnagun roads were stolen last night.  The display at the Ardfrilan round about were vandalised/stolen the night before. 

EagleLord

Why do people insist on vandalising fans' flags and banners etc?
Im not going to jump to conclusions as to who it was, but whoever it is, needs to take a look atthemselves.

Square Ball

Quote from: EagleLord on September 18, 2010, 11:34:50 AM
Im not going to jump to conclusions as to who it was, but whoever it is, needs to take a look atthemselves.

Because they are scumbags.

Some cracking photos there amallon. Its a pity that our boys had to have a clandestine operation to put up bunting and flags. A lot of horn beeping and cheering from passng motorists but no abuse, well except for, Go on ya Fenian Baastrads, up Armagh!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dubh driocht

Great to see the Ormeau Road showing it's true colours. Unfortunately the negative stuff has been a long tradition- in 91 the Down bus was stoned in Kilkeel !Also, I think O'Tooles was targeted in 94 because it was in the heart of a GAA stronghold- unsurprisingly, the Neanderthals from Lisburn helped by their Clough friends didn't think of the possibility that non-Catholics would be in the bar but that's the way we live in County Down.See the Opsahl report  ( A citizens inquiry)in 1992 which gave rise to the genesis of the Good Friday agreement for a piece on the fantastic role of the GAA. It's important to remember that for every half-wit who targets childrens' dreams in the Fin or the Bridge there are ten good people from the other side of the house who are full-square behind the lads- we'll have one in our company who is at his third game this year and as good a Down man as any of us.

fitzroyalty

Good luck to Down tommorrow. Not everyone in Armagh is behind ya but the way I see it, I've heard enough about the last five, what difference will one more make! 

MCMLX

Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 18, 2010, 12:28:08 PM
It's important to remember that for every half-wit who targets childrens' dreams in the Fin or the Bridge there are ten good people from the other side of the house who are full-square behind the lads- we'll have one in our company who is at his third game this year and as good a Down man as any of us.

A friend of mine from Newry is from the other side of the house as you would say. He married a good Down woman and rarely misses a game. If anything he would be an Armagh man which makes it a double conversion. I`ve had a lot of positive comments from people from the other side of the divide. Even in Belfast last night while shopping one lad in an NI top wished us luck.
Surprisingly a lot of Armagh people seem to be behind us, you get the odd bitter idiot, but you get them in any sport. Fair play to them its great to see.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Square Ball on September 18, 2010, 12:15:39 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on September 18, 2010, 11:34:50 AM

Because they are scumbags.

Some cracking photos there amallon. Its a pity that our boys had to have a clandestine operation to put up bunting and flags. A lot of horn beeping and cheering from passng motorists but no abuse, well except for, Go on ya Fenian Baastrads, up Armagh!

One egg was thrown, but most likely by kids as opposed to Armagh ones
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Square Ball

I went up to take a few photos on the Ormeau road and was uploading them onto my computer, thought thats a coincidence that I got someone in a Down top in the photo as well, but on closer inspection......

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

5 Sams

Went to Rostrevor this morning to drop off a ticket and I decided to go home by Hilltown and the bridge...class displays. Have to say the best one of the lot is the "You are now entering the Kingdom of Benny".

Have yiz all seen the pics on the Down GAA facebook page....deadly stuff.
The Aristocrat Years