New GAA club for Barbados

Started by Theobald, June 01, 2010, 11:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theobald

I am currently trying to get a few lads together to play a bit of Gaelic in Barbados. It's proving difficult enough to find lads who know the game. I do know there are plenty of Irish lads out here (maybe working for Digicel, Cellate Caribbean, Sandy Lane etc.), put they are hard to pin down..... So if you know of anyone who is out here let them know. I can be PM'ed here for more info.

I'd also be grateful for advise on how to get this thing up and running, from anyone else who has started a club abroad.

My aim is to get a good number of locals involved too, but I willl need a good core of Irish lads who can pass on their knowledge to the novices. I know that the Cayman Islands have a good GAA scene and that is where I would like to get to in Barbados.

Zulu

Best of luck Theobald but I can't offer you any help with players. I'll ask a few lads who have been involved with setting up clubs abroad and see if they have any info for you. And a lad I used to play ball with was one of teh founding members of the club in Jamacia I think but I don't have a contact for him. If I can locate him I'll get him to email you.