Laois U20 Championship

Started by The Monument Road, October 06, 2019, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

You asked how many it would affect and I only gave two examples off the top of my head I'm sure there's a few more less high profile ones. What does Mike Quirke know about a chap from courtwood or Ballyroan or Camross for that matter so it's no harm them going in. Kinsella actually played in the u20 match for courtwood before going in so that's where his priorities lie

Laoiseabu

Quote from: High Fielder on October 21, 2019, 08:43:50 PM
Quote from: Jd on October 21, 2019, 08:37:31 PM
Actually I think young Kinsella in courtwood might fit that bill. I think he's in his last year u20 now. So going back to the club next year I'd say Whelan in Ballyroan the same. So they need to be seen as they are there or thereabouts but were gone from championship before current man was appointed

Both obviously on the radar. Terrible examples. The whole county knows about them. They're hardly going to slip through the cracks, although I honestly feel both have a long way to go
I agree high fielder . We are Laois . We aren't Dublin , Kerry , Galway , Cork , Mayo . We don't have a big population . We don't have an embarrassment of riches . Anyone that's good enough will be seen alright guys . Don't worry no one will get lost In the crowd. There's no where to hide here . The cream always rises to the top

High Fielder

Spot on Laoiseabu. A non discussion if ever there was one. His card will be well marked

ollie12

Sure font have a divisional championship at all so. We're a small county, no one will fall through the cracks.

High Fielder

The reverse of your argument Ollie is that the Divisional sorts the wheat from the chaff. It's a worthwhile exercise in my opinion

ollie12

Irony goes over some people's head.

blueandwhite1

So does the difference between Irony and sarcasm.

High Fielder

Quote from: ollie12 on October 22, 2019, 12:10:44 PM
Irony goes over some people's head.

To be honest, your whole argument is pointless. I disagree with you. You disagree with me. It happened. Life goes on. I'm sure we'll cross swords about something else, because it's obvious you have stuff to say. I have no problem with that, but don't try to humiliate people, because as others have learned, some of us bite back.

ollie12

I dont  disagree with  everything you say. I think the divisional are good. It's just I'd like to see no other fixtures clash with them and u20's get a fair crack at it. That's all. We can disagree on some things and agree on other things.  We're both  debating in the interest of laois football.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: ollie12 on October 22, 2019, 03:43:30 PM
I dont  disagree with  everything you say. I think the divisional are good. It's just I'd like to see no other fixtures clash with them and u20's get a fair crack at it. That's all. We can disagree on some things and agree on other things.  We're both  debating in the interest of laois football.
There's no need to go too overboard lads. Will what's being debated at the moment really matter 6 months from now ?

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: ollie12 on October 22, 2019, 03:43:30 PM
Same here. I like the idea of the divisional thing but it might worth confining it to lads overage for next year's under 20 team. The idea of young lads running from one game to another as they did last Saturday in late October shouldn't enter the equation.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

BobbyBoucherJr

Big win for portlaoise this morning 6-9 to 1-14, guaranteed a semi final place now.

SCFC

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 27, 2019, 03:00:05 PM
Big win for portlaoise this morning 6-9 to 1-14, guaranteed a semi final place now.
Was at it. Harsh scoreline on Joe's. Game was in the melting pot with less than 10 minutes to go. Few late goals well taken by Portlaoise.

BobbyBoucherJr

I meant big as in needed to win

Jd

Anyone at matches over the weekend ?? Is last 4 set in store I presume it's Portlaoise O Dempsey's Portarlington and Courtwood. Ballyroan must be disappointed I see they only lost to courtwood by a point. Are Portlaoise favourites for this or would Portarlington be