Inside the Gate an AIB documentary behind the scenes with the Rossies

Started by AZOffaly, October 13, 2017, 12:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2017, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2017, 10:13:22 AM
Surely the days of blood and thunder in the dressing room before games is coming to an end...no impact on the game in my opinion, just being done...because you know it's always been done.

I don't think so. It's about tapping into the mood and making sure everyone is ready to go. Sometimes you need the blood and thunder, sometimes you don't. I don't think shouting and roaring before every game is vital, but in a big game, where the first 10-15 minutes will set the tone, there's still a place for a bit of it.

In a team environment different people react differently to different things, but in general most players like to be 'up' for a big game and the big 'come on' is a real tension releaser.
I know what you are saying but from my experience of being in dressing rooms down through the years it doesn't make an iota of difference....lads hoping around the place only to go out and do the warm up for 15 minutes...compared to rugby where you are straight into it often.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2017, 11:16:34 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2017, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2017, 10:13:22 AM
Surely the days of blood and thunder in the dressing room before games is coming to an end...no impact on the game in my opinion, just being done...because you know it's always been done.

I don't think so. It's about tapping into the mood and making sure everyone is ready to go. Sometimes you need the blood and thunder, sometimes you don't. I don't think shouting and roaring before every game is vital, but in a big game, where the first 10-15 minutes will set the tone, there's still a place for a bit of it.

In a team environment different people react differently to different things, but in general most players like to be 'up' for a big game and the big 'come on' is a real tension releaser.
I know what you are saying but from my experience of being in dressing rooms down through the years it doesn't make an iota of difference....lads hoping around the place only to go out and do the warm up for 15 minutes...compared to rugby where you are straight into it often.

I always find that it helps me do the drills right before throw-in with a lot more intensity.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2017, 10:03:45 AM
I don't know about that.
Grand if it's done occasionally but 32 of these coming out every year.......???

There's not enough of this stuff in the GAA and far too much men in suits staring at a camera in a studio talking about something that happened 20 years ago. For all the praise TG4 get their documentaries are very stale in format. This sort of thing isn't expensive to make so it's hardly a case of money being the issue.

weareros

At the risk of sounding like Keith Duggan, would love to know if AIB are paying Ros GAA and to whom did the money go? Because this type of stuff is  an ad, namely branded content, ie while it's not about AIB, they are the brand making interesting content available and generating  positive brand awareness for themselves in the process. It was very very good, but we should remember this is a new type of advertising that disguises itself very well, thus its rise in popularity as a new ad form.  Lest there's any doubt it's an ad, AIB hired an ad agency in 2015 to launch this campaign.  However, I doubt any of the players are getting money from this. Someone is.

Rossfan

I suppose there's no chance Ros CB got an oul  €100k or the like? ??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

If you think AIB handed over 100k for a documentary that was ran off over four days online with a total viewership of maybe 50k people (and I'm being very generous) you're living in cuckoo land. The documentarian probably got as much for it as we did.

Rossfan

Jasus Syfīn  you're turning into a literal minded humourless buck.
6 Cos ancestry?
Or too much nerdy geekiness burying the human intelligence?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM