Galway v Antrim SHC Qualifiier

Started by Saffron exile, July 11, 2007, 12:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GY Joe

Quote from: Saffron exile on July 14, 2007, 09:55:28 PM
Was at the game. very disappointing after an excellent start 1-04 to 0-1 after 20 mins. Then after Galway's goal  to make it 1-4 to 1-3 a schmozzle started around the the middle of the field. Ref didn't deal with it properly it boiled over and Pinty exchanged pleasanteries with Ger mahon (I think). Its the age old no-no, never get involved in a fight when you're winning. Still was a reasonable game until half-time. About five mins in Galway took over. Don't like to criticise management but positional changes had to be made earlier in the second half against an admittedly stiff breeze. The tactic of playing 4 forwards with Shields playing in the backs should have been abandonned when we lost a man. Galway just moved up a player on Shields and had 7 forwards. Kerrill wade (man of match in my head), Niall Healy,Kevin Broderick tore the full-back line asunder.
couldn't face the last ten mins and had to leave early for the first time ever.

Saffron, Ye had the making of a shock for the first 1/4 and Antrim were fluing. In fairness, I thought the tide had turned before your no. 14 was sent off. (How stupid was his pull, I mean, he left the ref no choice whatsoever and let his team down IMO) I wont sugar coat it, at 6 points down I started to get the jits but they were shooting badly, once Kerril Wade put one or 2 on the board, I could see that they were just a touch or two away from opening you up.