After the draw this evening.

The possible q-finals should be.
Waterford v Tipperary
Kilkenny v Galway
Limerick v Clare
Wexford v Cork.

GalwayBayBoy

Kilkenny again. ::)

Was hoping for Waterford if for no other reason than I'm sick of playing Kilkenny. Playing Waterford would at least have been a novel pairing.

Obviously the cats will be raging hot favourites but we've always had the knack of being able to ambush Kilkenny on occasion (as well as shipping some heavy defeats).

This provided we even manage to beat Antrim next weekend and I'm not putting any money on that.

Saffron exile

Great to see RTE and this board write-off Antrim, if only we could take this on-board and use it to our advantage. However we usually just agree with the general concensus and lose the next game. Hope this doesn't happen and have a feeling Antrim will be much more up for it under Sambo and Woody than the past. Anyway lets hope they follow the Sligo footballers lead and not listen to the bookies.

GY Joe

Quote from: Saffron exile on July 09, 2007, 02:10:56 AM
Great to see RTE and this board write-off Antrim, if only we could take this on-board and use it to our advantage. However we usually just agree with the general concensus and lose the next game. Hope this doesn't happen and have a feeling Antrim will be much more up for it under Sambo and Woody than the past. Anyway lets hope they follow the Sligo footballers lead and not listen to the bookies.

Well Saffron, as I said to some of my fellow Galwegians before the Sligo game while they were giving me odds on Galway winning by less than 3.. We are there for the taking and make no mistake, you could do it. That Clare game was a serious blow to the confidence and if Antrim can make a good start you will have a great chance IMO.

SuperDooperCooper

No disrespect to Antrim but I just can't see it. Can't see Tipp holding Cork either.
Waterford v Tipp   
Limerick v Clare
Kilkenny v Galway
Wexford v Cork

My semi finalist would be Waterford, Clare, Kilkenny and Cork.
Would cork and Kilkenny meet in the semi final or would there be an open draw for the semi finals.
Would love to se a Clare v Waterford all-Ireland semi.

Balboa

Saffronexile, they were not writing Antrim off. They are being honest and giving an opinion, we have little or no chance against Galway. We may have had a better chance if Galway didnt nedd to win the game, but they do now & i cant imagine Galway playing as badly as they did against Clare.

AZOffaly

I thought that was really bad on the Sunday Game yesterday. They more or less wrote off Antrim and Tipperary next weekend. Of course Galway and Cork respectively will be favourites, but I thought it was the height of ingnorance to post the draw as Kilkenny v Galway, Waterford v Tipp and Wexford v Cork. Even to put Clare v Limerick as well.

RTE just get worse and worse in my opinion.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 09, 2007, 01:05:38 PM
RTE just get worse and worse in my opinion.

Evanne's interviewing has improved a little though.

The sunday game is cringeably bad. Way too scripted and Spillane is too wooden to be let near TV.

There was a time I looked forward to it on a sunday. Now I tune in to watch whatever interests me and I won't bother looking at the rest.

And get Finnerty off it too. A brutal analyst if ever there was one. Daly is good though. Himself and Duignan are the sharpest they have on there.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Get rid of DJ, Jesus the most exciting thing about him was the big thing growing out of the side of his face!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Punxsutawney Fergal on July 09, 2007, 01:12:35 PM
Get rid of DJ, Jesus the most exciting thing about him was the big thing growing out of the side of his face!

DJ is pretty bad alright. Just goes to show that great player doesn't neccessarily mean great pundit.

kilkennycat2004

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 08, 2007, 10:14:09 PM

Was hoping for Waterford if for no other reason than I'm sick of playing Kilkenny. Playing Waterford would at least have been a novel pairing.

Didn't galway play WD last year in the c'ship at Walsh Park? and lost?

Also isn't it true to say they haven't beaten WD in the c'ship in something like 10 attempts.

Maybe yere lucky to be getting KK rather than WD :-)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: kilkennycat2004 on July 09, 2007, 01:47:48 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 08, 2007, 10:14:09 PM

Didn't galway play WD last year in the c'ship at Walsh Park? and lost?

Also isn't it true to say they haven't beaten WD in the c'ship in something like 10 attempts.

Maybe yere lucky to be getting KK rather than WD :-)

Well it's true we actually have a better record against Kilkenny than against Waterford even though most of the times we played Waterford was when we were in the doldrums playing in Munster. We've only played them twice in the championship the past 10 odd years since and I'd actually forgotten about last year in one of the qualifier groups.

It's just that we seem to play Kilkenny every year. Just for a change it would have been nice to play Waterford.

belleaqua

Im fed up playin Kilkenny or gettin bet by them rather. The only positive I can take out of that draw is its our turn to win!!(provided we beat Antrim next Saturday).

We looked desperately poor Saturday evening yet I still had to listen to some eternal optimists talkin shite about how it was all part of Loughnanes master plan. Im convinced that if Kilkenny beat us 35 points in the QF there would still be lads in the county telling themselves and others that its part of his plan for next year.

From a Kilkenny perspective they wont fancy playin us again knowing the unpredictable nature of Galways performances. Is it true that all QFs are to be played in Croker? that gives some hope to us.

Elsewhere I reckon Waterford, Cork and Limerick will be semi-finalists.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteIs it true that all QFs are to be played in Croker? that gives some hope to us.

Hope it's not Thurles anyway. For a ground that you would imagine should suit us we rarely seem to play well there.

FTJC

Brian McFall has walked off Antrim panel as has some McIntosh guy. It seems Antrims ability to shoot themselves in their hurling foot never goes away