Munster Final: Waterford v Limerick

Started by Lecale2, July 02, 2007, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbyo

Surprising Waterford team named, thought that Phelan had done enough to get a start. Moran will hardly play full back, would expect him to play in the half back line or midfield.Waterford to win by 4.

youbetterbelieveit

Just back from Thurles, Very disappointed from a Limerick perspective. We stood with waterford for 60 minutes of the game, then after they got 2 or 3 points ahead, we dropped the heads and Waterford just opened us up at the back and scored two soft goals. Waterford are going to take something special to against them to be beat.

deiseach

Absolutely fantastic. Level on points going into the 12th round, we proceeded to knock them senseless. Quite a change from the width-of-the-woodwork wins that we're used to.

AZOffaly

I think that was a good game for Waterford to win, in the bigger scheme of things. They've proved they can win close ones, (v Kilkenny), open ones (v Cork in the semi) and now tight, physical ones (v Limerick). It's a sign of a good team to play against a savagely determined outfit, match them for intensity, and then when tiredness creeps in, to let your hurling pull you away. It was a textbook example of the old favourites pre-match speech, of 'We're better than them, if we match their effort we'll win).

I have high hopes for Waterford this year, and every time I see them they give another example of a necessary component to a winning team. A sign of their growing maturity as well, in my opinion, was Eion Kelly's decision to take himself off frees. He missed a couple, and despite being an impulsive young fella, he could clearly be seen saying 'Flynner, you go on frees'. Next free awarded, and Flynn split the uprights. When players on the pitch also become self-policing, it's a big boost.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Waterford won without playing to their full potential, that's good for Waterford as over the last few years you alway felt that Waterford had to play to near 100% to win games. They now are like Kilkenny and Cork whereby they can win games while not hitting 5th gear.

I still fancy Cork or Kilkenny to win the All-Ireland but I reckon Waterford are the only ones capable of breaking their domination.