Hurling Qualifiers 2007

Started by Kerry Mike, June 18, 2007, 06:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

who's that keeper? What happened to the ones they used in the league?

Declan

QuoteBest of luck tot he lads, will be great to see Cork run out in the nell.

Indeed. Raging I'll be missing this one but hopefully the dubs can put up a respectable performance

bottlethrower7

Yep, really looking forward to the Dublin-Cork game. I think its 1993 since I last saw them play in Parnell, that time in a league game. I recall Mossy Walsh marking his cousin, Jim Cashman, and doing a fine job on him.

Dublin will be punching above their weight tomorrow, but with absolutely nothing to lose, the should have somewhat of a 'devil may care' attitude and go out and see what happens. Thoughts of games against opposition like this are what everyone plays the game for. Everyone wants a crack at the best so see how they match-up, and while there could be a bit of daylight between the team on the scoreboard at full-time, Dublin can do themselves a lot of favours by putting in a performance.

I would be worried slightly about them though. They seem to be playing a little on the aimless side, as far as tactics go. Against Wexford, they packed their attack with high ball winners and were content to lob in high ball after high ball. As good as they are in the air, they'll not have come up against the likes of the Rock and Curran, etc.

I do slightly fear for them, but am hopeful, with the aid of a slightly complacent Cork, that they'll put up a good showing. The tails should be up too given the win by the 21s, and the impending Leinster final appearance by the minors.

Lecale2

Is the Dublin-Cork game on RTE live? It would be good to see Dublin put it up to them but I really can't see it.

Lecale2

I just found this. Paddy Power isn't often wrong.
http://www.rte.ie/tv/listing.html?date=1&channel=132

The Saturday Game Live
Tomas Mulcahy and Peter Finnerty join Michael Lyster for coverage of the All Ireland Hurling qualifier round one clash between Dublin and Cork at Parnell Park

slow corner back

This weekend is make or break for Antrim and Offallys season. Both teams are underdogs but have a reasonable chance of surprising everyone. A win for either and an all ireland quarter final is a real prospect. Defeat and both sides are facing a relegation struggle and possible Christy Ring next year. Having seen more of Antrim it is clear that the management are going for youth and speed, they must be praying for a dry day. As for Offally they showed signs of revival against Kilkenny and are in the Leinster U-21 final having beat the cats. The qualifiers were set up precisly to allow teams like Antrim and Offally develop competitive teams, this weekend will let us know how each side is developing.